PDA

View Full Version : How to run Oldschool on Smart Client Video

yokusun123
02-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Hey @ all

I dont understand how to fix it that i can load oldschool on Smart

The Problem is im German so i dont Understand it if anyone will doing a Video i can do it better much off my friends are german so we only can fix it if any one doing a video if u did and video pls give me the link ;)

Runehack123
02-27-2013, 01:32 PM
I'm German and know how to so I don't think it's your nationality holding you back :)

Good luck in figuring it out

Neodymium
02-27-2013, 01:56 PM
You'll have to figure it out yourself, but search the SRL include for Smart-relating files.
Thats about all I can/will tell you though.

King
02-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Look into the smart params file, find out the code where it actually loads the page, then you have to solve the cant get smart params error(;

Fondel
02-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Look into the smart params file, find out the code where it actually loads the page, then you have to solve the cant get smart params error(;
...located at simba/includes/SRL/SRL/misc/SmartParams ,u'll find a url which directs to the new rs site. Got to replace that one, with the oldschool one, thou u will be still getting the params error!

King
02-27-2013, 05:56 PM
...located at simba/includes/SRL/SRL/misc/SmartParams ,u'll find a url which directs to the new rs site. Got to replace that one, with the oldschool one, thou u will be still getting the params error!

Then look at lines 292, 294, this is where the smart params are called. It has a writeln right above it that writes out the error. Look up how smart is made, then look at the variable params, then see what it does :P

Fondel
02-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Then look at lines 292, 294, this is where the smart params are called. It has a writeln right above it that writes out the error. Look up how smart is made, then look at the variable params, then see what it does :P
Is my URL right or am I missing something here also? http://oldschool36.runescape.com/game.ws?j=1
Still getting the error after many hours of trying :(

hillzyy
02-27-2013, 07:23 PM

I'm looking at the variable 'Params' is it the line that says 'Params := Explode(',', Page); '

If it is then I don't understand how that can relate to Lines 292 and 294, I hate being a noob :c

I also know that error message produces when there aren't 2 parameters? Or is that a basic way of looking at it? xD

ajg0001991
02-27-2013, 07:42 PM
lol ive tried this myself may have another go now i have seen more a explanation to what i have to do thnx for tips, also guys if u cant work out how to use smart just edit the runescape client and run it on a vm machine it works great for me

Gucci
02-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Is my URL right or am I missing something here also? http://oldschool36.runescape.com/game.ws?j=1
Still getting the error after many hours of trying :(

The URL should be fine but your not fixing the parameter error

King
02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
The URL should be fine but your not fixing the parameter error

Exactly(; Try learning what the parameters actually do(: