PDA

View Full Version : Bubbling Rock

Spartan 117
02-28-2013, 03:15 AM
I was not exactly sure where to post this, so I just posted it here. We need a method to detect the bubbly rock while mining. I'm not sure if the pick head still flies off. If it does we need a method to detect that to.

Any code or ideas are appreciated. Discuss!

EDIT: I believe speedster has a solution for exploding rock now

rj
02-28-2013, 03:23 AM
Thanks! This idea had never occurred to us to add random event detection thanks man!

Justin
02-28-2013, 03:23 AM
I was not exactly sure where to post this, so I just posted it here. We need a method to detect the bubbly rock while mining. I'm not sure if the pick head still flies off. If it does we need a method to detect that to.

Any code or ideas are appreciated. Discuss!

Maybe look for the color of the steam? Or wait until we have anti-randoms.

weequ
02-28-2013, 03:25 AM
If I remember correctly we used to use pixelshifting to do this. Maybe combined with some other methods.

Spartan 117
02-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Whatever it is we need to redevelop these methods. I'm not exactly an avid programmer. I have writtend a few working scripts, so I personally will be forced to wait it out on this one, but anyone else needs to pitch in what they can!

Spartan 117
02-28-2013, 06:49 PM
is it possible to get colors from a screenshot? or do the colors change?

Netzone
03-01-2013, 11:48 AM
is it possible to get colors from a screenshot? or do the colors change?

It would have to be a screenshot with no loss or compression, basically a bitmap.
Well, technically it would be possible to get the colors of course, but if you want it ultra accurate a bitmap is probably your best choice.

Spartan 117
03-01-2013, 04:33 PM
It would have to be a screenshot with no loss or compression, basically a bitmap.
Well, technically it would be possible to get the colors of course, but if you want it ultra accurate a bitmap is probably your best choice.

how exactly do you take a bitmap?

Netzone
03-01-2013, 06:55 PM
how exactly do you take a bitmap?

I'm I'm not wrong the screenshot button defaults a bitmap, you would have to paste it into photoshop and go from there.

Spartan 117
03-01-2013, 07:04 PM
I'm I'm not wrong the screenshot button defaults a bitmap, you would have to paste it into photoshop and go from there.

okay thanks for the help. if i get a bubbling rock again i'll make a bitmap and post

rj
03-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Just screenshot and save as a .png for no distortion