PDA

View Full Version : Make Simba Play a sound?

Mat
03-02-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm not to sure, if there is something on this, but I would like to make simba make a noise when it does something?
Mat

Le Jingle
03-02-2013, 08:25 PM
You mean something like,

PlaySound('C:/Simba/test.wav');

?
(already in simba)

Mat
03-02-2013, 08:38 PM
Hey, Thanks for that but it doesn't seem to be doing anything?
E:It does :P

Le Jingle
03-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Hey, Thanks for that but it doesn't seem to be doing anything?
E:It does :P

np, yeah I meant the procedure was built into simba, didn't mean to mislead you saying the .wav file was built into simba too.

buddyrich
03-02-2013, 08:54 PM
np, yeah I meant the procedure was built into simba, didn't mean to mislead you saying the .wav file was built into simba too.

I hate to bother, and possibly grave dig but I cannot for the life of me get the playsound feature working, I checked to see if maybe simba was muted in the mixer but it wasn't, I have a wav file on the C: drive and it is directed to it, but when it finishes its rotation and gets to the play sound line, it doesn't give me an error or play a sound... Any help?

Le Jingle
03-02-2013, 09:03 PM
I hate to bother, and possibly grave dig but I cannot for the life of me get the playsound feature working, I checked to see if maybe simba was muted in the mixer but it wasn't, I have a wav file on the C: drive and it is directed to it, but when it finishes its rotation and gets to the play sound line, it doesn't give me an error or play a sound... Any help?

I'm using the latest simba version (is yours outdated? if so, check from wizzup.org for the latest version),
Try placing the sound file in a different directory (ex. in a simba folder)
I don't know if it's different or not if you're using an operating system that isn't windows.

buddyrich
03-02-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm using the latest simba version (is yours outdated? if so, check from wizzup.org for the latest version),
Try placing the sound file in a different directory (ex. in a simba folder)
I don't know if it's different or not if you're using an operating system that isn't windows.

I am using Windows 8 64 Bit, and I am up to date on Simba, I think that it is because simba can't access the file on the C: Drive, I will figure it out, I am a smart cookie :)

Neznam
03-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Ashaman's Red Sally Hunter makes a noise when another player logs into that spot to allert you.
It's VERY convenient, as you don't really have to pay attention but just be near your laptop incase someone does come along and you seem like you're playing legit.

grats
03-03-2013, 04:46 AM
I am using Windows 8 64 Bit, and I am up to date on Simba, I think that it is because simba can't access the file on the C: Drive, I will figure it out, I am a smart cookie :)

Try running simba as admin (it'll null the "can't access the file" idea)

if not.. maybe it has to be in the simba folder..? but I doubt it, I know years ago we had scripts and alerts when mods were spotted, and lots of sounds.. and I never had anything in the simba folder, might be a windows 8 thing though (probably is) so who knows