PDA

View Full Version : Doctors cure Baby with HIV

Jake
03-04-2013, 12:45 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/04/health/for-first-time-baby-cured-of-hiv-doctors-say.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
This is the first for the USA and for the world as well.
American doctors have successfully cured a baby who had HIV when he was born.

The US will do perform this aggressive drug procedure with other infants who had HIV and if it goes well, this can be used globally.

Runehack123
03-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Just saw this on BBC two hours ago...Incredible. :)

Kasi
03-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Sorry for being so insensitive, but i burst out into laughter when i saw
Dr. Gay

[XoL]
03-04-2013, 10:11 PM
This is pretty awesome, babies shouldn't have to deal with the mistakes of the parents.

Flight
03-04-2013, 11:05 PM
First for the US, yes, for the world, no. We've cured infants and new-borns of HIV here for the past 2 years. The problem is up until now we've been selling our herbal HIV medicine at a small so it's hard to get attention. On top of that no body believes our medicine eradicates the HIV virus from the human body in a matter of months. But in the next few months our medicine will become the national anti-HIV medicine; I'm sure it'll stir up news around the world then. :thumbsup:

Sin
03-04-2013, 11:17 PM
First for the US, yes, for the world, no. We've cured infants and new-borns of HIV here for the past 2 years. The problem is up until now we've been selling our herbal HIV medicine at a small so it's hard to get attention. On top of that no body believes our medicine eradicates the HIV virus from the human body in a matter of months. But in the next few months our medicine will become the national anti-HIV medicine; I'm sure it'll stir up news around the world then. :thumbsup:

Herbal remedies are way better than the western ones imo.

Capricorn
03-05-2013, 12:11 AM
;1186538']This is pretty awesome, babies shouldn't have to deal with the mistakes of the parents.

Yeah, because the only way someone contracts HIV is from the mistakes they made

[XoL]
03-05-2013, 01:39 AM
Yeah, because the only way someone contracts HIV is from the mistakes they made

Don't know if that is sarcasm or not, but having a child when you are a female with HIV/AIDS is a mistake you shouldn't do it because lets be honest there is a high probability the baby will also have HIV and no baby deserves that.

Flight
03-05-2013, 02:25 AM
;1186837']Don't know if that is sarcasm or not, but having a child when you are a female with HIV/AIDS is a mistake you shouldn't do it because lets be honest there is a high probability the baby will also have HIV and no baby deserves that.

That's right. We had a case here of where a mother gave birth to a baby and that's when she found out she was HIV positive, as well as the child. She and her husband left it with an aunt (if I remember correctly) and left for another island, just deserted the kid. A couple of low lifes... Luckily the aunt cared enough to take care of the kid and she's been ordering from us; the last I heard there was no long any HIV virus cells detected, at all, in the baby.

[XoL]
03-05-2013, 03:47 AM
What do you sell? could you link me to a website or something, sounds fascinating and well rather revolutionary.

Flight
03-05-2013, 03:54 AM
;1186992']What do you sell? could you link me to a website or something, sounds fascinating and well rather revolutionary.

Absolutely.
http://www.javanessia.com/index.htm

[XoL]
03-05-2013, 04:30 AM
Oh looks pretty interesting, one thing about the website though..fix the grammar and spelling mistakes! Other than that I wish the best you and the business hope it catches on :)

Ian
03-05-2013, 04:45 AM
;1187037']Oh looks pretty interesting, one thing about the website though..fix the grammar and spelling mistakes! Other than that I wish the best you and the business hope it catches on :)

I second this, there are a few mistakes I saw that stood out :p
Also I'm not sure if you can disclose this or not, and it's fine if you can't but I was curious as to what was actually in it as I couldn't find any information on the site. :)

Flight
03-05-2013, 06:00 AM
;1187037']Oh looks pretty interesting, one thing about the website though..fix the grammar and spelling mistakes! Other than that I wish the best you and the business hope it catches on :)

I plan to. My friend is in the (on and off) process of updating the site and adding SEO and such, along with translating it to Indonesian. After she's happy with it I'll come in and fix all of the English grammar & spelling.

I second this, there are a few mistakes I saw that stood out :p
Also I'm not sure if you can disclose this or not, and it's fine if you can't but I was curious as to what was actually in it as I couldn't find any information on the site. :)

It's 100% local herbs, specific to this island in Indonesia; they're not found anywhere else in the world. I forget where but on one of the pages there's a list of some ingredients in JHP; the most commonly used herbs, but a few aren't listed for obvious reasons. The formula isn't yet patented but, again, in the next few months we're hoping we'll make enough to do so.

I feel like I'm advertising here. :S

Gala
03-05-2013, 07:37 PM
;1186837']Don't know if that is sarcasm or not, but having a child when you are a female with HIV/AIDS is a mistake you shouldn't do it because lets be honest there is a high probability the baby will also have HIV and no baby deserves that.

implying everyone has access to condoms & positive people know they are positive

Ian
03-05-2013, 07:43 PM
I plan to. My friend is in the (on and off) process of updating the site and adding SEO and such, along with translating it to Indonesian. After she's happy with it I'll come in and fix all of the English grammar & spelling.

It's 100% local herbs, specific to this island in Indonesia; they're not found anywhere else in the world. I forget where but on one of the pages there's a list of some ingredients in JHP; the most commonly used herbs, but a few aren't listed for obvious reasons. The formula isn't yet patented but, again, in the next few months we're hoping we'll make enough to do so.

I feel like I'm advertising here. :S

Sounds cool, good luck!

Runehack123
03-05-2013, 07:51 PM
implying everyone has access to condoms & positive people know they are positive

I couldn't agree more with this.

That being said, condoms DO NOT prevent pregnancy or spread of HIV 100%!

I honestly think it's not fair to say that you're to blame if you get HIV or pregnant since no method of contraception 100% prevents these things. So even if you're doing everything right, take the pill and use condoms etc.. that doesn't mean you won't prevent those things from happening. The only way is not having any form of sex whatsoever - anal, vaginal or oral - and not exchanging any bodily fluids..Even rubbing genitalia against each other can exchange fluids and a lot of people don't know that pre-ejaculate fluids are released prior to ejaculation. You only need 1 sperm to get someone pregnant!

If someone was victim of rape or victim of someone with HIV lying about their condition or had no idea that they had AIDS then how is it their fault? Even with monthly STD check-ups, so much can happen for a sexually active person! And most people have STD check-ups every 6 months or a year. No, there's just no way to prevent this 100% no matter how safe you try to be!

Asexuality is the only real way to prevent these things from happening and I personally don't see that as a realistic option.
'Hey it's your fault you got pregnant/AIDS. You had sex.' - just doesn't seem viable to me.

[XoL]
03-05-2013, 08:31 PM
I couldn't agree more with this.

That being said, condoms DO NOT prevent pregnancy or spread of HIV 100%!

I honestly think it's not fair to say that you're to blame if you get HIV or pregnant since no method of contraception 100% prevents these things. So even if you're doing everything right, take the pill and use condoms etc.. that doesn't mean you won't prevent those things from happening. The only way is not having any form of sex whatsoever - anal, vaginal or oral - and not exchanging any bodily fluids..Even rubbing genitalia against each other can exchange fluids and a lot of people don't know that pre-ejaculate fluids are released prior to ejaculation. You only need 1 sperm to get someone pregnant!

If someone was victim of rape or victim of someone with HIV lying about their condition or had no idea that they had AIDS then how is it their fault? Even with monthly STD check-ups, so much can happen for a sexually active person! And most people have STD check-ups every 6 months or a year. No, there's just no way to prevent this 100% no matter how safe you try to be!

Asexuality is the only real way to prevent these things from happening and I personally don't see that as a realistic option.
'Hey it's your fault you got pregnant/AIDS. You had sex.' - just doesn't seem viable to me.

Even if you had no idea you had HIV, it still is a mistake an accident albeit and one that you really couldn't of foreseen but regardless a baby shouldn't have to deal with whatever the circumstances were.

Maybe it is just me but if someone raped me and gave me HIV (You are supposed to go to the hospital asap and get checked for STDS) I would never have sex with someone again, yeah its a burden for me and sure it does suck but I am not going to jeopardize someone else's life for my own pleasure.

Epsilon
03-06-2013, 07:31 AM

I await the study results. Until then, I remain highly skeptical. Most herbal remedies are touted as working until a study is done and finds that they don't actually work. Actually, this happens with the majority of herbal and homeopathic medicines. It's too bad.

Flight
03-06-2013, 07:36 AM
I await the study results. Until then, I remain highly skeptical. Most herbal remedies are touted as working until a study is done and finds that they don't actually work. Actually, this happens with the majority of herbal and homeopathic medicines. It's too bad.

Well we had the previous testing done through the course of 2010 with documented results. Since then we've had JHP approved by the Indonesia FDA. It's quite fine that you're skeptical, it's wise to be so. Maybe when we've started production on the national scale in the new few months I'll make a small thread to show you. :)

Gala
03-06-2013, 10:59 AM
;1187804']Even if you had no idea you had HIV, it still is a mistake an accident albeit and one that you really couldn't of foreseen but regardless a baby shouldn't have to deal with whatever the circumstances were.

Maybe it is just me but if someone raped me and gave me HIV (You are supposed to go to the hospital asap and get checked for STDS) I would never have sex with someone again, yeah its a burden for me and sure it does suck but I am not going to jeopardize someone else's life for my own pleasure.

true.

altough you can decrease the amount of hi viruses so you can't infect anyone anymore.

Hazzah
03-07-2013, 02:43 PM
true.

altough you can decrease the amount of hi viruses so you can't infect anyone anymore.

What?

I assume you meant to say "Although you can decrease the amount of HIV virus, does this decrease stop it from spreading from one person to another during intercourse?"

If that's the case, I would go with no. You can still transfer the virus and anyone claiming otherwise is just a nut. Until the virus is completely removed/eradicated from your body it is still possible to transfer it to another person.

Gala
03-07-2013, 04:33 PM
What?

I assume you meant to say "Although you can decrease the amount of HIV virus, does this decrease stop it from spreading from one person to another during intercourse?"

If that's the case, I would go with no. You can still transfer the virus and anyone claiming otherwise is just a nut. Until the virus is completely removed/eradicated from your body it is still possible to transfer it to another person.

This was the answer to what xol wrote.

It is researched, that you can decrease the amount of HI viruses so you won't infect anyone. Altough you can't get rid of it completely at the moment.
This way positive women can have negative babies.

(Ofc you wouldn't for instance change all your blood with a "cured" positive person, but for the usual situations (unsafe sex, even sharing dirty needles) you won't infect anyone. You have to do blood tests very often to be sure the HIV concentration is below a certain amount.

(By sharing dirty needles I mean needles used by positive people and NOT with 50 ml of a positives blood)

Neznam
03-07-2013, 09:38 PM
This is why I get a Blood Test done every 2-3 Months. Not that I'm whoring myself out to any girl that will have me, or shooting up with dirty needles, but just to know that everything is ok from time to time.

Daniel
03-09-2013, 05:03 AM
Well we had the previous testing done through the course of 2010 with documented results. Since then we've had JHP approved by the Indonesia FDA. It's quite fine that you're skeptical, it's wise to be so. Maybe when we've started production on the national scale in the new few months I'll make a small thread to show you. :)

Please do. I was skeptical several months ago when you first showed me, and I remain skeptical now :p

StickToTheScript
03-21-2013, 02:12 AM
I did hear about this. It was kinda hard to believe, then i saw it on the news. Then i knew it had to be true! lol. But seriously, that is kinda cool!