PDA

View Full Version : State of ANTI-RANDOMS, we need some organisation!

phury
03-08-2013, 05:35 AM
This thread is made as a request to someone heavily involved in the 2007 SRL scripting scene, to come up with a thread which will organise and sort the anti randoms that need solving, and the progress on them at the moment.

I am very enthusiastic on creating scripts to solve anti randoms, but i don't want to be working on something somebody else is currently working on. If we could have a thread which lists the anti randoms in the game, and the status (SOLVED/UNSOLVED/IN PROGRESS by [USERNAME]) it would be really helpful.

What do you guys think? And while you're here, any progress on strange plant / drunken dwarf / security dude / pirate dude ? I'd love to code up solvers to these!

Le Jingle
03-08-2013, 05:46 AM
This thread is made as a request to someone heavily involved in the 2007 SRL scripting scene, to come up with a thread which will organise and sort the anti randoms that need solving, and the progress on them at the moment.

I am very enthusiastic on creating scripts to solve anti randoms, but i don't want to be working on something somebody else is currently working on. If we could have a thread which lists the anti randoms in the game, and the status (SOLVED/UNSOLVED/IN PROGRESS by [USERNAME]) it would be really helpful.

What do you guys think? And while you're here, any progress on strange plant / drunken dwarf / security dude / pirate dude ? I'd love to code up solvers to these!

Currently being worked on by a '07 developer team; keeping an eye out for randoms when we encounter them, as well as building back the antirandoms folder.
I would recommend posting what you have to contribute towards this goal.
Your post is valued too, as I think it may help spark more contribution.

phury
03-08-2013, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the swift reply,

I was unaware of this development and i'd really like to help out. Can you point me in the direction of posts regarding this matter? ( That is, if they're not exclusive / private ). I'd love to jump straight in to coding but i have no clue how these things are all going to be integrated together (hierarchy, linkage etc) , and would like a heads up on that.

Le Jingle
03-08-2013, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the swift reply,

I was unaware of this development and i'd really like to help out. Can you point me in the direction of posts regarding this matter? ( That is, if they're not exclusive / private ). I'd love to jump straight in to coding but i have no clue how these things are all going to be integrated together (hierarchy, linkage etc) , and would like a heads up on that.

I cannot, but that doesn't mean you need not attempt either.
The general idea for the random event handling, as far as I know, is suppose to be alike the current /antirandoms/ folder files, with the exception it uses [advanced] ideas from the old SRL include (example = SRL 4 rev 1); at least this is the current state because conforming to the next master release, it would be more difficult than need be for now.

*Everyone who contributes is of their own free will (keep in mind), so in purposes of helping others learn, it's a gradual group effort. :]

Ashaman88
03-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Probably best help is to post pics of the different randoms. It is hard for the devs to get all of the random events. But yeah currently it's being worked on the in the dev section - although you can follow and see what's already been done on the github

Metroidprim1
03-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Probably best help is to post pics of the different randoms. It is hard for the devs to get all of the random events. But yeah currently it's being worked on the in the dev section - although you can follow and see what's already been done on the github

If we were to encounter a random that devs haven't gotten yet, would they like it if we logged off and offered out account to them for scripting purposes?

Ashaman88
03-08-2013, 02:15 PM
If we were to encounter a random that devs haven't gotten yet, would they like it if we logged off and offered out account to them for scripting purposes?

I think we will be doing that eventually. I'm sure there will be a thread about it when we get to that point. But pics help a ton with being able to identify which random we are in which is a big part.

Metroidprim1
03-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Sounds good. Ill be sure to do collect some pictures when I do get stuck.

Hobbit
03-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Please see this thread for contributions to the anti-random systems :)

http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98207