PDA

View Full Version : [SMART] Omokest's ToyMouser - A Toy Mouse Catching Script

Omokest
03-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Welcome to Omokest's ToyMouser Script
Current Version: 1.1

NOTE: Toy Mouse XP was nerfed!
March 21st patch notes: Clockwork mice were giving too much Agility xp and have been fixed.
http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Old_School_RuneScape#Patch_Notes
Toy mouse no longer give 15 xp per fail and 30 xp per catch.. Not sure current rates.
This script will no longer be updated as I cannot benefit from it anymore.
Still useful for low level agility players.

Notice:
To run script you must have Simba setup with the P07Include and SMART for Old School RS
For help setting those up, follow this thread: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97599

Features:
Winds, releases, and catches all Toy Mouse in inventory (Most testing done with 12 or less mice!)
Both left-click and right clicks Toy Mouse
Many failsafes to ensure all mice are wound, released, and picked up
Ends script if something other than Toy Mouse in inventory
Anti-Ban features - Checks Agility XP, Moves Camera, Moves Player around.
Works with SMART (only tested in SMART)

To Run:
Only have Toy Mouse items in inventory (cannot have any other items)
Make sure player is wearing no white items (recommended to wear iron)
(Ideal) Have player in the second to top part of the Falador castle tower.
Click Run in Simba.
Sit back, and watch for randoms (no random support).
Post bugs, features you want added, or if it helped you on the thread!

Future Features:
None at the moment
Have a feature you would like added? Post below!

Known Bugs:
Has moments where it will misclicks a fair amount of times.
If using a large amount of mice can potentially cause loss of some mice. (recommended 16 or less)
Find any bugs? Post below!

Change Log:

[1.0]
Initial release.

[1.1]
Changed winding method so it will rarely right click.
Reduced fail clicking in releasing mice.
Catches mice better.
Estimated XP progress report.
Cleaned up some parts of code.

If you enjoyed this script, please show your support with some reputation! I spent many hours writing, testing, and world hopping to get this in a nearly flawless state. Thank you!

rj
03-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Did you get an ok from Noob King?

Omokest
03-19-2013, 10:36 PM

This does not use his code or logic.. Please check out my script and you will notice this instantly, as well as how much more advanced mine is.

adeghati
03-20-2013, 12:59 AM
+rep. pretty good script, mis clicks alot though.
Would be nice with random support :)

ivibot
03-20-2013, 01:01 AM
what am i doing wrong it only pick them up i have to wind them and release them

planvlad
03-20-2013, 01:20 AM
[Error] C:\Simba\Includes\SRL/SRL/misc/SmartParams.Simba(295:135): Invalid number of parameters at line 294
Compiling failed.

Help?

Edit: I already have it set up for oldschool rs, because I was using the granite miner few days back.

Edit: nvm, i just had to add an 8 after the define smart.

Also, when i ran it, i leave for 2 minutes come back more than half my mice had disappeared in front of me.

JJordan
03-20-2013, 02:13 AM
I didn't like all the right clicking so i removed it other than that good script :)

Justin
03-20-2013, 02:33 AM

Why would he need a 'ok' from Noob King?

Omokest
03-20-2013, 02:44 AM
+rep. pretty good script, mis clicks alot though.
Would be nice with random support :)

I have been trying to address the misclicks. Making the mouse randomness less does help reduce the bad clicks, but it becomes such a small area it could start to be detectable. I might have to try some checks with UpText to help reduce some misclicks as well.

I don't want spend the time to code random support, as this is being worked on already in the official include.

what am i doing wrong it only pick them up i have to wind them and release them

Could you please explain more, and possibly post the log output?
Are you able to successfully run other Old School SMART enabled scripts? For help setting that up, follow this thread: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97599

[Error] C:\Simba\Includes\SRL/SRL/misc/SmartParams.Simba(295:135): Invalid number of parameters at line 294
Compiling failed.

Help?

Edit: I already have it set up for oldschool rs, because I was using the granite miner few days back.

Edit: nvm, i just had to add an 8 after the define smart.

Also, when i ran it, i leave for 2 minutes come back more than half my mice had disappeared in front of me.

I'm glad you addressed the SMART8 issue.

How many mice are you using? I tested this script using 10 mice, and didn't have access to more than that. If you are using a full inventory, it may be taking too long to wind and release all of them. Please baby sit the script and give me more information of the behavior / log output. This will help me address this if it is a bug.

I didn't like all the right clicking so i removed it other than that good script :)

You didn't like all the right clicking? Like right clicking at what part of the script? Keep in mind that it is required to right click to release the mice, so this cannot be avoided. But there are some right clicks that hopefully can be avoided in future versions. At the moment they are mostly used in fail safes to ensure fluidity of script.

Popz
03-20-2013, 05:13 AM
looks good, but as others have said quit a few misclicks :P

ivibot
03-20-2013, 06:49 AM
okay im not there now but i could go try it now,

what it was doing was clicking to the north and south once the mouses had been picked up, but i had to drop them or nothing happend.

ill go try now. ive been able to use other scripts yes

ivibot
03-20-2013, 06:59 AM
okay so what am i missing for it, it just clicks north then south, saying ive been idle to long moving player

AIex
03-20-2013, 07:19 AM
Which location is this supposed to be used at? there is no statement of it.
EDIT: nvm can't read lol, but you should add Pest control boats as it's random free

xstrunitx
03-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Code looks good, will be using for 56 agility later :)

rj
03-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Why would he need a 'ok' from Noob King?

Because I noticed it is extremely similar... to noob king's thats why not because noob king removed his

Justin
03-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Because I noticed it is extremely similar... to noob king's thats why not because noob king removed his

They are extremely different from each other RJJ...

Noob King
03-20-2013, 01:10 PM

Last time I looked at it, the old rev had just a few snippets from my original. I don't know if you seen my original or not, but it was only like 200~ lines. Simple as could be really. Regardless I'm all for some one taking an idea and improving and/or collaborating on it. After all, this is SRL. http://villavu.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbup.gif And he also gave credit for the snippets he did use in his other thread. That's an A+ in my book. A lot of newer people don't credit people when they use stuff :p

AIex
03-20-2013, 05:28 PM
After using it for about 5-6 hours I've noticed a thing that keeps happening, which is when you get items from randoms such as, pirate,rick, strange plant, mysterious man and drunken dwarf just to name a few the script completely shuts down, thus leaving mice on the floor which will be lost. You should take out shutting down when getting something else than a mouse in the inventory. Otherwise it's completely flawless :)

Omokest
03-20-2013, 05:57 PM
looks good, but as others have said quit a few misclicks :P

Thanks! I will be addressing the misclicks as soon as possible!

okay im not there now but i could go try it now,

what it was doing was clicking to the north and south once the mouses had been picked up, but i had to drop them or nothing happend.

ill go try now. ive been able to use other scripts yes

The script winds, releases, and catches - it requires no user interaction unless there is a random.
What do you mean you dropped the mice? Dropping the mice will do nothing but lose your mice and ruin the logic of the script.

okay so what am i missing for it, it just clicks north then south, saying ive been idle to long moving player

First, please edit your post and either wrap in the Simba Tags or remove the code. It is currently stretching the page.

Can you give me any other details about your situation? Screenshot of inventory? How many mice are you using? It should not search that part of the code unless it already wound and released the mice.

One potential thing that is happening is that you either lost a mouse or removed something from your inventory causing the toyMouseCount to become off. You will need to start the script with ONLY toy mice in your inventory.

Which location is this supposed to be used at? there is no statement of it.
EDIT: nvm can't read lol, but you should add Pest control boats as it's random free

This script is optimized for Falador castle on the second floor of the tower (where there are only three tiles to move).

I will be working on optimizing this for the Pest Control boats soon, but there are a few things that need to happen first. One being cleaning up misclicks, and the other is that I need to get to 40 combat before I can board the boat.

After using it for about 5-6 hours I've noticed a thing that keeps happening, which is when you get items from randoms such as, pirate,rick, strange plant, mysterious man and drunken dwarf just to name a few the script completely shuts down, thus leaving mice on the floor which will be lost. You should take out shutting down when getting something else than a mouse in the inventory. Otherwise it's completely flawless :)

Since this script needs to be baby sat (because of randoms), I did the terminate intentionally. But I will attempt to pick up any remaining mice before terminating script. This may take some rework of my logic though, so it might not make in the next version.

Code looks good, will be using for 56 agility later :)

Thanks - Please post any feedback, bugs, or your progress!

---

They are extremely different from each other RJJ...

Last time I looked at it, the old rev had just a few snippets from my original. I don't know if you seen my original or not, but it was only like 200~ lines. Simple as could be really. Regardless I'm all for some one taking an idea and improving and/or collaborating on it. After all, this is SRL. http://villavu.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbup.gif And he also gave credit for the snippets he did use in his other thread. That's an A+ in my book. A lot of newer people don't credit people when they use stuff :p

Thanks for clearing that up Noob King, and to Justin for helping clarify as well!

Evaporation
03-20-2013, 06:49 PM
I added this to have a bit more visual to the script, so that I can just see how much xp/hr I'm getting.

new variable: xpCount
I put this where you print Current run time.

xpCount := xpCount + (30 * toyMouseTotal);
AntiBan;
Writeln('Current time running: ' + TimeRunning + '.');
Writeln('XP Gained: ' + IntToStr(xpCount) + '.');
Writeln('XP/HR: ' + IntToStr((3600 * xpCount) / (1 + (GetTimeRunning / 1000))) + '.');

Looks like this:

Current time running: 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds.
XP Gained: 660.
XP/HR: 18857.

ThatsP
03-20-2013, 06:53 PM
I'm having a problem. I start it, everything is fine.. it turns the camera then sits there and does nothing but the log says otherwise: Starting Script: Using 0 Toy Mice. Is there a spot in the code that i have to fill in regarding how many i'm using?

Omokest
03-20-2013, 07:33 PM
I added this to have a bit more visual to the script, so that I can just see how much xp/hr I'm getting.

new variable: xpCount
I put this where you print Current run time.

xpCount := xpCount + (30 * toyMouseTotal);
AntiBan;
Writeln('Current time running: ' + TimeRunning + '.');
Writeln('XP Gained: ' + IntToStr(xpCount) + '.');
Writeln('XP/HR: ' + IntToStr((3600 * xpCount) / (1 + (GetTimeRunning / 1000))) + '.');

Looks like this:

Current time running: 2 Minutes and 5 Seconds.
XP Gained: 660.
XP/HR: 18857.

That will only give you a very rough estimate of XP. You must also realize that you get 15 XP for FAILING to catch a mouse. Therefore your XP gained is going to be much more than that shows.

I'm having a problem. I start it, everything is fine.. it turns the camera then sits there and does nothing but the log says otherwise: Starting Script: Using 0 Toy Mice. Is there a spot in the code that i have to fill in regarding how many i'm using?

The code will set the number of toy mice off of the inventory count. So you can have ONLY toy mice in your inventory. If you want to ensure there are no problems start the script with the inventory tab up, but this should be unnecessary. The code should automatically change to your inventory tab before it sets the toy mouse number.

Evaporation
03-20-2013, 07:55 PM
That will only give you a very rough estimate of XP. You must also realize that you get 15 XP for FAILING to catch a mouse. Therefore your XP gained is going to be much more than that shows.

Like I said, I only wanted it to be a rough estimate. So that I can just see progress. If you would include something like that in the next release.

Jurii
03-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Howmuch mice should I get for a decent xp/hour rate? Will 3 do?

Omokest
03-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Like I said, I only wanted it to be a rough estimate. So that I can just see progress. If you would include something like that in the next release.

I will add a progress report in the next release. I'd like for the count to be more accurate, so I will try to think of something to account for failed catches.

Howmuch mice should I get for a decent xp/hour rate? Will 3 do?

I recommend 6-12 for this release. There are some issues with misclicks I am trying to address, using more than 12 will likely lose mice if it gets stuck in some misclicks.

===========

General update:

I have been trying to work out some changes and testing with 16 mice.

I have addressed the winding of mouse issue. I took out some randomness, changed the wait time, and it now winds much more accurately.

I am still having issues with releasing Toy Mice if the right click comes up with an empty box (only option is cancel). I have been tweaking things trying to address this, but I am not seeing as much progress as I would like. I am going to keep working on this for a bit, but may release v1.1 tonight with the changes I have so far or early tomorrow.

Nashua
03-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Does this work in pest control boat now?

Scooter
03-21-2013, 02:09 AM
put a 8 in the line {$DEFINE SMART}

Scooter
03-21-2013, 02:11 AM
nice

Neversoft
03-21-2013, 07:02 AM
I couldn't get it to work on the boats only in the falador castle and that little hut in shanty's pass.

Hanswurst
03-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Best script ever! Works awesome. I recomend using 6 -8 mice (So you don't loose too much if a random teleports you, and you can't make it back in time)

Jurii
03-21-2013, 02:59 PM
EDIT: Got it working, fully removed java + simba + installed 07 again, works perfect again.

AIex
03-21-2013, 03:53 PM
due to the update this bot is rather useless considering you get a very very small amount of xp each mouse you catch

Jurii
03-21-2013, 04:40 PM
The xp/hour is shit today? What did the update do to the mice?

AIex
03-21-2013, 05:05 PM

they nerfed them completely to 3 xp each catch

Omokest
03-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Does this work in pest control boat now?

It is not optimized for pest control boat. I am not 40 combat yet to test in there.

put a 8 in the line {$DEFINE SMART}

Who is this directed towards? Mine works fine with {$DEFINE SMART}, but those with issues in SmartParams and whatnot should change it and use {$DEFINE SMART8} before posting that you are having issues.

I couldn't get it to work on the boats only in the falador castle and that little hut in shanty's pass.

I don't have access yet to test, but what kind of issues are you getting in the pest control boat?

EDIT: Got it working, fully removed java + simba + installed 07 again, works perfect again.

Glad you were able to fix your issues!

=====

due to the update this bot is rather useless considering you get a very very small amount of xp each mouse you catch

they nerfed them completely to 3 xp each catch

March 21st patch notes: Clockwork mice were giving too much Agility xp and have been fixed.
http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Old_School_RuneScape#Patch_Notes

Well GF Script.. Damn =(

I am going to release the changes I made regardless, uploading version 1.1.. This script could still help people at low levels power level up a bit.

I don't think I will be doing any further updates after this upload unless they change the XP rates.

AIex
03-21-2013, 05:47 PM
This might be the right time to make a Wilderness course bot or a monkey madness course bot :)

Omokest
03-21-2013, 05:51 PM
This might be the right time to make a Wilderness course bot or a monkey madness course bot :)

I actually was thinking about a wilderness course bot haha. Might have to be my next venture

AIex
03-21-2013, 06:10 PM
I actually was thinking about a wilderness course bot haha. Might have to be my next venture

if you're not 52 agility, don't worry, you can use a summer pie to get in and the course itself (excluding the entrance) doesn't have the 52 agility requirement.

Jurii
03-21-2013, 09:52 PM
Anyone any idea what the xp/hour is after the nerf? Using about 8-10 mice

MindlessChaos
03-21-2013, 10:59 PM
What are the exp rates currently?

Hanswurst
03-22-2013, 10:44 AM
You get 3xp each time you pick the mouse up... and only if you pick it up...

pallooo
03-22-2013, 05:28 PM
It's pointless after the nerft.

Jagex Mod
03-23-2013, 03:07 AM
The xp/rates are around 5x less than before.

So the max xp/hr now is 10k. Still a little bit better than gnome agility but I recommend only training to 35 or so now instead of 50+.

golgoo919
03-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Damn that jagex nerf :\

Neverhaveb4
04-01-2013, 06:01 AM

could i make a personal suggestion for u not to make the agility course for the wilderness. rather explore the benefits that an ape atoll script would contain. no personal paints for hair colors from person to person (reference to ahsamans current working gnome course), also think of the benefits of avoiding the randoms due to the greegree form. anti-random form while botting is always a godsend.

Ashaman88
11-27-2013, 07:27 PM
P07include outdated. Please use official one - shoot me a PM when/if this is updated.