PDA

View Full Version : Ban rate in Old School RS

lordwill0
03-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Has anyone been banned/know of people getting banned in OSRS yet? please post the bot and script that was most likely the cause of the ban

tounsi
03-27-2013, 05:03 PM
Probably if you pick flax, you'll get banned lol

slyce
03-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Probably if you pick flax, you'll get banned lol

Kinda racist! :D Just joking lol
With Babysit the ban rate is like 0 i think. atm you have to get reported to get banned and you get reported when you behave strange, like a bot etc..

koo29
03-29-2013, 05:35 AM
If you get banned in 07, will you also get ban in EOC? My maxed main who doesn't have memb anymore can still log into 07 and I'm planning to bot on him.

tealc
03-29-2013, 05:36 AM
yep it will ban you on both

koo29
03-29-2013, 05:43 AM
Well, might be worth investing $8 on a new account then. Would be a shame to see total 2250 with 400M bank go bye bye for such a small saving. Ik the bank ins't much, but my other main which has never been botted has a 3B bank.

Deni_mulic
03-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Well, might be worth investing $8 on a new account then. Would be a shame to see total 2250 with 400M bank go bye bye for such a small saving. Ik the bank ins't much, but my other main which has never been botted has a 3B bank.

To be fair the "real" value of a 400m bank in EOC is like 10m in OSR. So yeah its a loss, but unless you manually grinded 2250 total it isn't *that* bad.

koo29
03-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Believe me, I know how the EOC to 07 exchange works and the rates better than anyone else here :P I have 200M on the counter, almost 400M total xp. Its 95% botted but the account is still 3 years old. But, doesn't make sense to risk $150 + an account I really like when $8 investment can prevent all risks.

qyouwei
03-30-2013, 03:11 PM
im botting on my main with maxed stats in EOC, i dont care. im pretty confident i wont get banned :)

rj
03-30-2013, 10:26 PM
Have not heard of anyone being auto banned yet

Heterodox
03-31-2013, 10:43 AM
I think it would be a good idea for script writers to add an optional antiban that hops worlds if the jmod/pmod crown DTM is detected...

Metroidprim1
03-31-2013, 05:37 PM
I have been banned on two accounts lol...
One was my main - who luckily only got a 2 week ban. All I did was babysit woodcutting and runecrafting then legit a bunch of quests/slayer so I was very surprised when I got banned.
The other account was a flax picker I made to make some gp while I wait for my main to get unbanned. Literally bought membership, did flax overnight, and was banned sometime the following day with a perma-ban.

To anyone saying babysit = 0% ban...that's completely bullshit. Play it safe and only bot when 100% necessary or else always be expecting a ban so you aren't disappointed if it ever happens.

tounsi
04-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Well, I just heard a bunch of people got banned

bottest
04-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Botting 33-50 hours at a time at certain place, no ban so far. Matter of fact, botting as I write this since yesterday. Been only 29 hours

Kevin
04-02-2013, 02:54 PM
I think it would be a good idea for script writers to add an optional antiban that hops worlds if the jmod/pmod crown DTM is detected...

There is already a built-in function for this that is really easy to use called FindNormalRandoms;

Heterodox
04-04-2013, 02:26 PM
There is already a built-in function for this that is really easy to use called FindNormalRandoms;

Welp, I did not know that it actually included that. I apologize for being retarded.

Kevin
04-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Welp, I did not know that it actually included that. I apologize for being retarded.

it's not retarded, you just didn't know. There are some settings you can change in there to not world hop on admin discovery, but it defaults to auto-hop if that method is called. It also defaults to turn off the script if it discovers you died.

Physic
04-04-2013, 07:31 PM
Basically dont do thing that make you seem like a bot. such as default clothing etc

[XoL]
04-04-2013, 07:49 PM
I say if you use a good script and don't stay in a place with tons of people you have a low chance of ban.

Tyelr
04-05-2013, 12:36 AM
;1215899']I say if you use a good script and don't stay in a place with tons of people you have a low chance of ban.
Depends on what you're doing IMO... sometimes I think its better to be in a world with a ton of people blending in than in a world with a couple legit people. Less likely to get targeted.

saradomin 7x
10-17-2013, 11:13 PM
I was just banned;
only 2 days moderate macro offence.
No chance to appeal and no evidence shown/given. When I made futher inqueries to jagex account/ban support via e-mail I was told by a gold Mod that I was banned because it was detected that I was playing though an external program that 'had the ability to macro' i.e. the 'smart8 Autoing Resource Thing' that one plays on when running a simba script. P.s. I was only ever using elfyys pc script.

Flight
10-17-2013, 11:33 PM
I was just banned;
only 2 days moderate macro offence.
No chance to appeal and no evidence shown/given. When I made futher inqueries to jagex account/ban support via e-mail I was told by a gold Mod that I was banned because it was detected that I was playing though an external program that 'had the ability to macro' i.e. the 'smart8 Autoing Resource Thing' that one plays on when running a simba script. P.s. I was only ever using elfyys pc script.

Do you have any java bots on your computer? Tribot, OSBot, Powerbot, ect... I've seen multiple posts before of users here being banned on both version of RS claiming Simba to be responsible, but when questioned further it turns out they already downloaded java bots before and/or used them even one time. SMART is simply not being detected, chances are it was simply due to a "mod sweep" (manual ban).

saradomin 7x
10-18-2013, 02:42 AM
Do you have any java bots on your computer? Tribot, OSBot, Powerbot, ect... I've seen multiple posts before of users here being banned on both version of RS claiming Simba to be responsible, but when questioned further it turns out they already downloaded java bots before and/or used them even one time. SMART is simply not being detected, chances are it was simply due to a "mod sweep" (manual ban).

No! i do not. But i think it is because I am alo botting my friends account in my off-time and when i had a disconnection with my signal the bot would log me in as i had not inputted his name into script so it had me logging in standing still in bank all night 1-2 times which when just doing some research i found this was one of the things rs workers track.

Flight
10-18-2013, 04:52 AM
No! i do not. But i think it is because I am alo botting my friends account in my off-time and when i had a disconnection with my signal the bot would log me in as i had not inputted his name into script so it had me logging in standing still in bank all night 1-2 times which when just doing some research i found this was one of the things rs workers track.

Ah so you were standing at the PC bank? That area is notorious for mods manual banning. People skilling at that bank might as well hold up a sign saying "I'm a bot".

Solar
10-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Unlucky really. But mods are still going around manually banning people, so I'd say be careful until they stop. I'm surprised they've kept it up for so long now, surely it'll end soon though.

Cheddy
10-20-2013, 08:51 PM
That's why we make anti randoms and then we can bot anywhere (i.e. Some funky cave where no one ever goes)

chocolat
10-25-2013, 02:05 PM
I recently got a bot-busting ban using Elfyys PC script but honestly not surprised considering on multiple occasions I found the account I was using running back and forth on the plank for what I assume was a couple of hours.