Issue: Default IRC Name

1. issueid=114 08-08-2013 02:40 PM
    SRL Member
    Default IRC Name
    It doesnt work.

On changing default IRC name here... http://villavu.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile (at the bottom), the IRC name does not change when attempting to connect using the web client. ie...

Issue Details
Issue Number 114
Project Site Bugs
Status Confirmed
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

1. 08-09-2013 05:27 AM
    Administrator
    Able to replicate - Same result as OP.
  2. 08-23-2013 08:28 AM
    SRL Junior Member
    Hey there,
    Lets get to solving this supposed bug. vBulletin has the ability to create tables for different things, for example, Skype, In game username, xbox name, etc, etc.
    Now moving on to your problem, lets see what we can do. From the statement given above, you can tell that it is more of a way to show off/prove your legitimacy. If for example people ask "Whats your IRC name??!?! TELL MEEZ!" You can reply with "Check out my profile, noob. Click me for OP's profile" This can also be used to verify your identification.
    So in regards to this thread, this is not a bug. but rather a simple addition for users to customize there profiles to ones liking.

Regards,
    Invalid
  3. 08-23-2013 04:14 PM
    SRL Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Invalid Gold
    Hey there,
    Lets get to solving this supposed bug. vBulletin has the ability to create tables for different things, for example, Skype, In game username, xbox name, etc, etc.
    Now moving on to your problem, lets see what we can do. From the statement given above, you can tell that it is more of a way to show off/prove your legitimacy. If for example people ask "Whats your IRC name??!?! TELL MEEZ!" You can reply with "Check out my profile, noob. Click me for OP's profile" This can also be used to verify your identification.
    So in regards to this thread, this is not a bug. but rather a simple addition for users to customize there profiles to ones liking.

Regards,
    Invalid
    What? This is a bug. It used to work (as far as i can remember it did), but after the forums were reinstalled it hasnt worked.
    As for the 'what is your irc name' questions... This you can set it to whatever you want, but its the default name assigned when you use the webclient that isnt happening properly. @ was the one who brought this to my attention as 'Solar' is already registered on IRC and he wanted to change is default name to prevent it from making it Solar_ every time he used the web client.

Most of the people who use IRC on a regular basis will use a desktop client rather than the web, so it does not apply to many people.
  4. 09-04-2013 05:22 AM
    The Psychotic Midget
    Its not really a bug, more like a missing feature. I added that profile field and had heavily modified the built in irc client. I have not had time to reimplimenting all the modifications yet, although the more important ones are in place.
+ Reply