Thread: Can't run RS in openGL. tried updating java and setting path variables

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Default Can't run RS in openGL. tried updating java and setting path variables

Hi guys,
    im having problem while trying to change runescape graphics on smart from directx to opengl. it shuts down. tried setting up path variables so the jre path would come first and also downloaded newest version of java and installed it. does anyone know how to fix it?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Try setting your mode to OpenGL in the webclient (runescape.com/game)
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

i've tried it. screen becomes white and nothing happens. i also can't choose fixed screen display.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomazino View Post
    i've tried it. screen becomes white and nothing happens. i also can't choose fixed screen display.
    Are your graphics card drivers up-to-date?
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

So if it happens on the runescape website, why dont you post on the RS forums or look around there? This is kind of like me going to the a dentist and asking them what i should do about my elbow hurting.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Hi guys,
    im having problem while trying to change runescape graphics on smart from directx to opengl. it shuts down. tried setting up path variables so the jre path would come first and also downloaded newest version of java and installed it. does anyone know how to fix it?
    Delete your RS cache. If you can't get into any mode on the website/official client, the plugins can't help you. It's a driver or cache issue.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

thank you mates. apreciate your help, sorry for inconvenience. should've asked about it in rs forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

I'm having the same issue, though I wouldn't be surprised if my path variables have been set up incorrectly. I have tried looking around the RS forums, to little avail. All suggestions seem to be "hold s during loading, then play in safe mode."

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xiao View Post
    I'm having the same issue, though I wouldn't be surprised if my path variables have been set up incorrectly. I have tried looking around the RS forums, to little avail. All suggestions seem to be "hold s during loading, then play in safe mode."
    Its a driver/video card issue. If it doesnt work on the RS website, its not going to work in SMART.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

thank you mates. apreciate your help, sorry for inconvenience. should've asked about it in rs forums
    Hey, I don't know if you're still having trouble or if you are dead set on using opengl vs. direct-x, but I ended up using Brandon's direct-x plugin (found here: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107256) to run scripts using direct-x instead of opengl. You also need (I think) to stick the following line of code into the script to get Simba to use the plugin:

smartPlugins := ['openGL32.dll', 'd3d9.dll'];

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I had the same problem as OP, I just have an old and unsupported graphics card so there was nothing I could do about it but keep DirectX.

Thread Information