Thread: Plugins: Invalid windows image

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Default Plugins: Invalid windows image

Hey guys I just came across an old Inspiron laptop running winXP and was hoping to have some fun doing some bot testing on it. Setting up Simba though I'm getting issues with the Plugins and windows not recognizing them as a valid disk image. I'm always getting warnings from winrar when trying to unzip them (although it does at least look like they're being transferred successfully). So I don't know if I'm missing a dependency I can easily fix or these just arent supported by winxp anymore. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Picture:
    http://www.dumpt.com/img/viewer.php?...39mci35xir.png
    Last edited by anoobis; 02-21-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Windows XP is probably the issue. Get rid of that, and things will start working.
    @bg5; might be able to tell us whether AND_TPA works on Windows XP.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Windows XP is probably the issue. Get rid of that, and things will start working.
    Yeah probably. It's an old 32bit T2300 @ 1.6ghz and 1GB salvaged ram and 80gb HDD so upgrading the OS isn't really an option. Just wanted to see if I could find a use for it. And for further clarification, Prosocks and rstext also give the same invalid disk image error.
    Last edited by anoobis; 02-21-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Ive been botting on xp with success.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guerr View Post
    Ive been botting on xp with success.
    Is your system 64bit? Taking shots in the dark at this point

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anoobis View Post
    Yeah probably. It's an old 32bit T2300 @ 1.6ghz and 1GB salvaged ram and 80gb HDD so upgrading the OS isn't really an option. Just wanted to see if I could find a use for it. And for further clarification, Prosocks and rstext also give the same invalid disk image error.
    You can upgrade the OS on anything. Several people seem to hold the opinion that old machines running XP can't (for whatever reason) be upgraded, it's nonsense. Windows XP does not have magical powers that enable it to run better on old hardware. It's installed there because it was Microsoft's current-gen OS at the time your machine was manufactured.

Windows 7 will perform much faster. It's a more up-to-date version of the Windows operating system, and a vast improvement over XP in terms of resource efficiency. Windows 10 might be a good choice as well, but I've not personally tested it, and thus won't recommend it.

Just make sure you disable the Aero theme :S
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Uhm I don't know...I guess it should. Never heard about any problem like that.

@anoobis if you have Lazarus on that PC I can send you a source, so if you compile this in your system environment, than it should run in your system environment...I suppose.

Although I'm not an expert in compiling stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bg5 View Post

@anoobis if you have Lazarus on that PC I can send you a source, so if you compile this in your system environment, than it should run in your system environment...I suppose.

Thanks for the offer! I ended up just upgrading the OS which solved the relevant issues.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bg5 View Post

A couple of users have come into IRC with weird issues, similar to OP. Each time, they've been running Windows XP. It's just not fit for real-world use anymore, and it causes a multitude of confusing and cryptic errors. My go-to answer for users with issues who are also on XP: get rid of XP.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

A couple of users have come into IRC with weird issues, similar to OP. Each time, they've been running Windows XP. It's just not fit for real-world use anymore, and it causes a multitude of confusing and cryptic errors. My go-to answer for users with issues who are also on XP: get rid of XP.
    Interesting... Those users were in the last several months? That plugin version was compiled in 2012, when XP was still quite popular. Maybe one of XP last update screwed something ?

Thread Information