A Scripting Competition
This isn't an official SRL scripting competition as I don't have the power to give out Scripters Cups but there will still be a prize.
After looking through these forums I have noticed that there used to be scripting competitions, I know a few still run now but I thought that one that gets people scripting would be fun for everybody. It would also get a bunch of useful scripts for people to use once it is over.
There will be 2 classes, SRL Members and Non SRL members. Junior Members will be included with the Non SRL Members. The script you are writing will be the same and you will automatically be entered for whichever category you fall under on the day of submission. To submit your entry either post it in this thread or create a thread in the Public scripts section for it then post the link here.
- Your Script must be compilable by simba.
- All procedures not written by you *must* be credited clearly, this includes ACA generated procedures or functions.
- All scripts must be open source and must run from a single .simba file.
- The script must fill the criteria posted on the opening day.
You will be judged based on:
- Quality of the code written and the efficiency of it. (10 Marks).
- FailSafes and how easy it would be to add new features to the script / fix it if there is a major update in that area, i.e. not a mismatch of random code that just about works for now. (10 Marks).
- Scripting Standards (5 Marks).
- Advanced procedures / functions such as object finding, including using functions so that lines of code are not repeated in your script. (10 Marks).
- Bonus points will be awarded for "out of the box" ways of solving situations. (10 Marks).
- How well your script actually works. (5 Marks).
Total score will be out of 50.
Date of Competition Start:
see the post below for script criteria...
Date of Competition Close:
Sunday 20th May. 12pm GMT
All scripts must be posted on this thread in by this time.
I am willing to give around 2-5m per category for this, if anybody else wants to contribute contact me.
If you would like to take part in this competition please post below.
What about the issue that there will be lots of scripts of the same thing, isn't it a waste of scripters time?
The script criteria has been designed so that this will not be the case, obviously there may be the odd person that makes a similar script but the way the script criteria will be will make it so that all the scripts will be useful.
Can I the script that I use to enter this competition to apply for SRL members?
Yes, by all means, good luck with your application!
Do Junior Member count as SRL members?
After much clarification, no, Junior Member fall under the non-members category.
Can I use a script that is public that I wrote a while ago?
The short of it is yes. However please try to add some new features to the script or at least something new, just in spirit of the competition...
- JOEBot - Hill Giant Killer / AIO Catacomb Killer
- JuKKa - Falador North Gate Guard Killer
- Kyle Undefined - [B]eefy [O]pti[M]al [B]anker
- Sin - S1NGiantSpiderKiller
- Joepetey - Varrock Castle Guard Killer
- Gala - Chicken Slayer
- hunt3rx3 - ChaosMossKiller
- Er1k - Edgeville Man Slaughterhouse
Please post any questions below..