Thread: Task Scheduler not launching simba in foreground

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Default Task Scheduler not launching simba in foreground

As the title states I have a batch file that will launch a script which executes smoothly on it's own.

taskkill /IM simba.exe /F
    start "C:\Simba\Simba.exe" -o C:\Temp\Script.simba -r

The only issue is when I attempt to run this through Scheduled tasks it will terminate simba.exe - it launches the script, but Simba never shows up anywhere, I can hear the login music in the background and Java.exe launches as well. Any ideas or know if there's any additional arguments that may need to be added within windows Task scheduler?

Running Windows 8.1 I'm not sure if the task scheduler settings will prove useful but here they are...
    General-
    Run whether user is logged on or not
    Run with highest privileges
    Running task as local Administrator user.

Actions-
    Start a program
    C:\Temp\script.bat
    Start in (Option): C:\Temp

Conditions-
    Wake the computer to run this task

Edit: Setting Start a program C:\Simba\Simba.exe results in in starting Simba.exe - but again it launches in the background and there is no window that you can select to make it appear.

Edit2: Managed to get it to launch by changing to to run only when user is logged on and unchecked run with highest privileges. Now it just doesn't run the script though even though I have -r within the batch file.

At this point I've tried launching the script itself and adding the -r argument which it will only open the script. Still does not run. Scratching my head at this point.

Edit3: Not sure what in the hell I was doing wrong in the first place but it's working like a champ now..?
    Last edited by Clutch; 08-29-2016 at 05:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

What did you do to make it working ?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Run whether user is logged on or not
    This is the issue. Even if you are logged in, it will run the task as the specified user, but in a different session.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    This is the issue. Even if you are logged in, it will run the task as the specified user, but in a different session.
    I don't quite understand why though which is kind of bugging me but yeah that makes sense. I did something stupid with the parameters at some point after the first edit which caused the settings to start bugging out and cause other issues and was too frustrated to see it clearly. Came back a couple hours later and realized I was an idiot and put it the way it needed to be and boom - working fine.

Thread Information