Thread: Who do you think our next rising star is?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Default Who do you think our next rising star is?

People come and go in activity, as they should. The focus of this forum is cheating at an online game. We should worry if we're too invested, right?

So many people have written and maintained things for us to be able to have our fun. I'm not even going to make a lame attempt at mentioning people. If you contributed, you rock! If you contributed more, thanks twice!

I've been wondering who will be our next rising star - helping to keep the includes in line - making sure we keep updated and working...

A bunch of names popped into my mind; some older some newer. I know it's bad posting practice to not say my opinion but I don't want to pollute any early responses.

Who do you think?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Gosh, there's almost too many to list. I'll try to rattle off some names that have stuck out to me as frequent contributors, and have every chance at being the "rising star."
    @Swag Bag; @srlMW; @A Bit Poor; @yourule97; @fady; @Chaos-Energy; @Twinki; @GetHyper; @Ross;

Also, @NCDS; recently returned, I'm hoping he sticks around! His work on MSI Phoenix was legendary.

Don't be dismayed if you're not up there -- I pulled these names solely from the list of "Currently Active Users" right now!

I have no doubt that later down the line, I will think of other worthy names. In an embarrassed fluster, I will subsequently rush to my computer and attempt to edit this post before anybody sees
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 07-31-2015 at 09:52 PM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Gosh, there's almost too many to list. I'll try to rattle off some names that have stuck out to me as frequent contributors, and have every chance at being the "rising star."
    @Swag Bag; @srlMW; @A Bit Poor; @yourule97; @fady; @Chaos-Energy; @Twinki; @GetHyper; @Ross;

Also, @NCDS; recently returned, I'm hoping he sticks around! His work on MSI Phoenix was legendary.

Don't be dismayed if you're not up there -- I pulled these names solely from the list of "Currently Active Users" right now!

I have no doubt that later down the line, I will think of other worthy names. In an embarrassed fluster, I will subsequently rush to my computer and attempt to edit this post before anybody sees
    Wow... Too nice!
    Thanks a lot KeepBotting

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)

I was thinking same .
    Good to get noticed but I'm just enjoying learning and contributing!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    226 Post(s)

When I first started I never thought I'd see my name in a rising star category. It's an honor to be able to give back to this amazing community!

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

I'm REALLY excited to see @NCDS; his contributions!

ps: may his SPS please work

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

<3 Gives me some motivation to keep going

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Thank you KeepBotting! I'm excited about @Ross;'s new project. I hope we get to see it all the way through

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

@the bank; has quite the legacy I hear

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    @the bank; has quite the legacy I hear
    :').

Ross' new AIO will be the sheet though.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Mom, get the camera, I'm internet famous mentionable!

I'd like to thank the "Currently Active Users" section of the forums for placing my name in for nomination.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Oh hey thanks for the mentions!

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

What about ssrl members/devs?

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

There is a bunch of juniors floating around, most of them have been mentioned above. I can see a few of them getting yellowed in the near future and beginning their climb to the top.

I think the following list of 'newish' SRL Members could potentially take a bigger role at moving SRL forward into the NXT era. This is based solely on recent activity, contributions and coding ability:

Also, @Renzanity; was another one, but he seems to be MIA.

I think the following 'oldish' SRL Members are also active, and have the skills to contribute directly to the SRL include, and most already have:

There is a bunch of people I probably left off because they haven't logged in within the last 24h.
    Last edited by The Mayor; 08-01-2015 at 07:59 AM.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

@Kasi; - This old 2007 fossil is a rare site indeed, but has the skills IMO.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Great to see that there is so many suggestions. I guess I haven't been actively monitoring the forums since I don't recognize most of the names of the newer members.

@NCDS; Now that's a name I haven't seen since the MSI days.
    Rusting away

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    -snip-
    Awww shucks, thanks Mayor. I'm flattered.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

@Brandon; <3

Thread Information