Thread: Bearded yoda!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Default Bearded yoda!

Hi guys!

Today is the day! Never thought it would get so far, but I registered this account ten years ago today! I was a young, 14-year-old high school guy who still had no idea about anything. But the openness and its attitude towards learning to script really got me. Created my first script after looking at other scripts and copy-pasting some code. Still rememer sitting at the toilet on my PSP, to see @WT-Fakawi; made me instant SRL member, something reserved for only the best scripters. Never think something is inachievable! (And back then SRL Members had a few killer scripts, like Tarajunky's chicken killer and Sumilion's chopper).

A lot has happened since then. I finished high school and had to decide what to major in at university. And there were two logical choices for me: Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
    @Wizzup?; is personally responsible for making me not study computer science! You finished vwo a bit earlier than me and every time you talked about how you enjoyed it, and what you learnt and did, convinced me not do do it (Geen voorlichtingsdag die daar tegenop kan). So I decide to go into Electrical Engineering, a decision I don't regret! I thoroughly enjoy the field. Got my BSc and in one year I will have my masters degree.

Talking about college, after first dabbling round the more 'traditional' fields (control systems & power electronics), I took a course around 2014 on image analysis aka computer vision. It reminded me of SRL to be honest! Cue three years later and I'm doing double degree biomedical/electrical engineering on medical image analysis. If there was only such a thing like SRL for that kind of stuff! FindObj(x, y, 'cancer') doesn't work that way unfortunately, it isn't as easy as opening the varrock bank.

Few achievements over here I'm still proud of til this day:
    • Evil Bob random event solver. It got me SRL Developer and was always regarded as one of the 'impossible' randoms.
    • Help kickstarting development of Mufasa, now Simba. Together with Ray and Bullzeye95 (what happened to you?).
      Pacoc (PAscal COlor Clicker) never got to the point where it ran scripts for RS, but we got a few things like plugin loading working and crosshair and stuff.
      The code isn't used, but Wizzup? and Ray later developed Mufasa, which involved into Simba. We reversed the DTM string format from SCAR for that, something still used to this day.
    • Invented arguably the best money-making script ever (the old-timers know what I'm talking about).
    • Pioneered the {$DEFINE SMART} for enabling SMART. There was some resistance for including it in SRL but everyone know uses it.

Unfortunately I do not have a special gift for you My original plan was to update every single script I wrote over the past ten years, but the attachments got bugged somewhere during the forum move from srl-forums.com to villavu; They are probably still somewhere in a backup at my parents place, but seeing as I'm at the other side of the world atm it will have to wait.
    Partial list of scripts I wrote and released (there's more but I cannot find them. I remember a power chopper and a mind rune crafter):

The essence miner will receive an update shortly, as I added an iron miner to it. Quickest way to level mining from 1 to 99 on a noob! No quests required in RS3.

Thanks to all of you for being here, maybe we will reach the 15 years?
    Mark
    I made a new script, check it out!.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Gz.

Moneymaker you're referring to is sudoku?

& lol @ "It got me a 48 hour"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    Gz.

Moneymaker you're referring to is sudoku?

& lol @ "It got me a 48 hour"
    Sudoku is still used today, if you guys really did do it first then god damn that is impressive.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barr View Post
    Sudoku is still used today, if you guys really did do it first then god damn that is impressive.
    Thanks. It happened when @n3ss3s; and I decided to structurally look at every single minigame in RS to see which one could be done quicker with some scripting help. Sudoku fit the bat right away: low requirements, a pain to do by hand and really easy to automate. It took me an hour to write the first script and when running the numbers it surprisingly made a profit. It was improved a lot since then, getting up to 200 sudokus per hour, manually you would do up to 10 - 20 maybe.

We used it from 2008 til it got leaked somehwere in 2011/2012. Zero bans up til then! We all made a few hundred M with it per person at least. I'm 100% we were the first, no one was standing at that guy ever at any of the worlds for those years besides us.
    Of course the method leaked a bit before (one of the SSRL members had a friend and they shared accounts and sudoku is quite easy to see if it has been used), but until the big leak we knew of every single person knowing the method. I even bribed one guy buy giving him SRL Members if he'd shut up.

The whole leaking story is quite interesting. It got first leaked to the ibot/nexus guys (the ones who got sued by Jagex) after a permission error on these forums granted one guy accidentally got permissions to the upper boards. Shortly after some SRL Developer got really pissed of with us creating Simba, so he left the community and released a clone of the script. The first guy sold it for $200 to a few other guys who then resold it for $100 etc. A clone was made for Nexus, Ruler eric (the leader) was quite cooperating, offering to take it down from the site and prevent sales. But later the RSBot and RSBuddy clones appeared.
    Funny thing: I got the leaked version from the 5th guy in the chain and it still had my name in it. There was no doubt where it came from.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

That's quite a list of achievements, and I'm always pleased to read about someone in real who has been inspired to take paths in technical fields influenced through our community here. Thank you for sharing a sneak peak of your life Marcus! I recall seeing that photo of you, Wizzup? and WT-Fakawi. Something not mentioned in your post however is your devoting to the moderator position on the forums. You certainly did a great job and you were quite strict as I recall, and it should go without saying you play a huge role in keeping the community in line and on the right, progressive track. I hope this doesn't go unnoticed, it would be a shame if only I'm thankful for your moderator efforts here.

You've certainly been in the RS cheating scene for a while and I'm sure glad you're still part of SRL. So congratulations to you Mr. Markus on your achievement, and thank you for everything you've done for us!

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Ah yea the picture! I did manage to meet with those legends yeah. Fawki really has a nice place to live, very nice person and so down-to-earth. Wizzup? actually visited me once to replace the digitizer of his nokia n900, (yes I still live in that same room, though not atm as I'm in NZ). We have one on facebook with some of the old-timers shopped in (http://imgur.com/a/F9si3).

One other guy I met from here is @Laur€ns;, still talk to him occasionally but not about RS for years.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Ah yea the picture! I did manage to meet with those legends yeah. Fawki really has a nice place to live, very nice person and so down-to-earth. Wizzup? actually visited me once to replace the digitizer of his nokia n900, (yes I still live in that same room, though not atm as I'm in NZ). We have one on facebook with some of the old-timers shopped in (http://imgur.com/a/F9si3).

One other guy I met from here is @Laur€ns;, still talk to him occasionally but not about RS for years.
    Oh man I completely forgot about that mesh up picture you guys made. I better save that so I don't lose it. Yeah I've always had the up most respect for Fakawi. His attitude and personality make him really nice to be around. I sure wish he was active here still.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

It's never too late for a special gift, you know.
    Also, that picture is awesome!
    Hup Holland Hup!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Great read, congratulations on your achievements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Woot Congratulations markus
    Oh Hai Dar

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    That pic was so dank
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Those were good times on IRC when that picture was made. What about this one: https://i.imgur.com/tLnngvf.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

congrats
    Make sure to checkout this awesome thinggy too. Great alternative to wasting resources "securing" the bitcoin network.
    https://boinc.tacc.utexas.edu/team_d....php?teamid=28

Thread Information