Thread: tabBackpack not working correctly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default tabBackpack not working correctly

Hi i just started scripting and i ran into a problem with the tabBackpack function I am trying to use these two simple codes.

Begin
    If tabBackpack.isFull() then
    writeLn ('Full')
    End

or this one

Begin
    writeLn (tabBackpack.count());
    End

it keeps throwing the same thing in the debug

Compiled successfully in 7312 ms.
    SRL: Logfile = C:\Simba\Includes\SRL-6/logs/SRL log (11-12-17 at 05.39.06 PM).txt
    ---- TRSGameTab.__initTabs(): Setup gametab properties
    -- Freeing gametabs bitmaps...
    Successfully executed.

Not sure if the Tab functions are broken or what is going on here is a pic of the setup and what i have open on the smart client.
    RStrouble.png

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

could you link the entire script so I can take a look?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

True, it is not working correctly. While we wait for a fix, you can use the one i wrote to circumvent this. It is very simple due to my KISS principle (it counts till 30 f.i.), but CountInv > 27 should be the same as tabBackpack.isFull().

Code:
    Function CountInv:Integer;
    var Row, column, x,y,a,b,c:Integer;
    begin

for Row := 0 to 4 do
    begin
      For Column := 0 to 5 do
      begin
        x := 580 + (Row * 42);
        y := 338 + (Column * 35);
        if FindColor(a,b,131072, x, y, x + 42, y + 35) then
        begin
          IncEx(c,1);
         end;
      end;
    end;
    Result := c;
       Writeln('CountInv Returned: ' + IntToStr(c));
    end;
    WT
    SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba.
    We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Thanks for reporting, I'll have a look this weekend.

*edit*
    Works just fine:
    Code:
    tabBackpack.open();
    writeln('active tab: ' + toStr(gameTabs.getActiveTab()));
    writeln('is backpack active: ' + toStr(gameTabs.isTabActive(TAB_BACKPACK)));
    writeln('is backpack open: ' + toStr(tabBackpack.isOpen()));
    writeLn('backpack count: ' + toStr(tabBackpack.count()));    
    active tab: 2
    is backpack active: True
    is backpack open: True
    backpack count: 4
    Remember transparancy changed/got reset so make sure you set it to 0% again.
    Also game tabs changed with the ribbon update, make sure to update to latest SRL.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Thanks for reporting, I'll have a look this weekend.

*edit*
    Works just fine:
    Code:
    tabBackpack.open();
    writeln('active tab: ' + toStr(gameTabs.getActiveTab()));
    writeln('is backpack active: ' + toStr(gameTabs.isTabActive(TAB_BACKPACK)));
    writeln('is backpack open: ' + toStr(tabBackpack.isOpen()));
    writeLn('backpack count: ' + toStr(tabBackpack.count()));    
    active tab: 2
    is backpack active: True
    is backpack open: True
    backpack count: 4
    Remember transparancy changed/got reset so make sure you set it to 0% again.
    Also game tabs changed with the ribbon update, make sure to update to latest SRL.
    Thomas,

When only the backpack is open (and NO other tabs) the backpack works. However, I still get "is backpack active: FALSE". If another tab is open, all slots get shifted down to make room for the backpack icon and other icons and tabbackpack no longer works. I also get backpack count as 6.

EDIT: if other tabs are open, slot 28 becomes slot 23.
    EDIT 2: even if the backpack is the only thing open, it thinks slot 2 is slightly higher than it is. Guessing that is because the ribbon is larger now.
    EDIT 3: No current updates.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nkd2009 View Post
    Thomas,

When only the backpack is open (and NO other tabs) the backpack works. However, I still get "is backpack active: FALSE". If another tab is open, all slots get shifted down to make room for the backpack icon and other icons and tabbackpack no longer works. I also get backpack count as 6.

EDIT: if other tabs are open, slot 28 becomes slot 23.
    EDIT 2: even if the backpack is the only thing open, it thinks slot 2 is slightly higher than it is. Guessing that is because the ribbon is larger now.
    EDIT 3: No current updates.
    Well regardless of what I try, it all works.
    It opens backpack if backpack is not open, and it counts items in backpack correct.

Perhaps SRL-github updates didn't come through viq Simba. Either way I'm pretty sure I submitted all my changes to the SRL-github.

*edit*
    Seems like layouts got changed.
    Reset the quick load layout to oldschool (within the options menu, get there by pressing escape)

Then try these changes:
    srl-6\lib\interfaces\gametabs\Gametab.simba, change line 178 (add the +12 twice)
    Simba Code:
    __tabSelectionArea := [581, 296 + 12, 796, 319 + 12];

srl-6\lib\interfaces\gametabs\Backpack.simba, change lines 140 and 141 (add the +13 once on both lines)
    Simba Code:
    __slots[0] := grid(5, 6, 33, 31, 42, 36, point(gameTabs.tabArea.x1 + 25, gameTabs.tabArea.y1 + 22 + 13));
        __slots[1] := grid(5, 6, 33, 31, 42, 36, point(gameTabs.tabArea.x1 + 25, gameTabs.tabArea.y1 + 50 + 13));

This should add the correct offsets with new oldschool layout.
    Please try this and report back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Well regardless of what I try, it all works.
    It opens backpack if backpack is not open, and it counts items in backpack correct.

Perhaps SRL-github updates didn't come through viq Simba. Either way I'm pretty sure I submitted all my changes to the SRL-github.

*edit*
    Seems like layouts got changed.
    Reset the quick load layout to oldschool (within the options menu, get there by pressing escape)

Then try these changes:
    srl-6\lib\interfaces\gametabs\Gametab.simba, change line 178 (add the +12 twice)
    Simba Code:
    __tabSelectionArea := [581, 296 + 12, 796, 319 + 12];

srl-6\lib\interfaces\gametabs\Backpack.simba, change lines 140 and 141 (add the +13 once on both lines)
    Simba Code:
    __slots[0] := grid(5, 6, 33, 31, 42, 36, point(gameTabs.tabArea.x1 + 25, gameTabs.tabArea.y1 + 22 + 13));
        __slots[1] := grid(5, 6, 33, 31, 42, 36, point(gameTabs.tabArea.x1 + 25, gameTabs.tabArea.y1 + 50 + 13));

This should add the correct offsets with new oldschool layout.
    Please try this and report back.
    Awesome, the fixes you suggested appear to fix all my issues. tabBackpack.isFUll works as well as the correct isItemInSlot checks. really appreciate it man. Of note if you dont have 3 or 4 tabs open the ribbons change size and the backpack functions no longer work. no issue for me but just general knowledge for others reading the thread.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nkd2009 View Post
    Awesome, the fixes you suggested appear to fix all my issues. tabBackpack.isFUll works as well as the correct isItemInSlot checks. really appreciate it man. Of note if you dont have 3 or 4 tabs open the ribbons change size and the backpack functions no longer work. no issue for me but just general knowledge for others reading the thread.
    For me it works correctly both with only backpack gametab open and with multiple gametabs open?

Thread Information