Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: [OSR]Reflection Include

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haxz View Post
    Is there a way to find out which plane you are at? GetTileGlobal doesn't return plane.
    In Player R_GetPlane

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

Ohh ok. Thanks! Didn't know it would be at player instead of tile.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Is there a way to find out which plane you are at? GetTileGlobal doesn't return plane.
    R_GetPlane returns the plane.

EDIT: Ah jeez didnt see the extra page. Got ninja'd 5 hours later lol...

Here are client rev 55 hooks update. Its within my edited reflection include. Things to note, it has AL_Functions inside, so your scripts do not need to re include it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ineedbot View Post
    R_GetPlane returns the plane.

EDIT: Ah jeez didnt see the extra page. Got ninja'd 5 hours later lol...

Here are client rev 55 hooks update. Its within my edited reflection include. Things to note, it has AL_Functions inside, so your scripts do not need to re include it.
    Wow! How are you faster than the official release.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Wow! How are you faster than the official release.
    Well, not really, It wasn't my hooks. I have no idea on getting the hooks myself or updaters. Its actually Cheddy's hooks from javahacking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

Well, not really, It wasn't my hooks. I have no idea on getting the hooks myself or updaters.
    Whose include is this? I saw there's a lot more functions that are not in the official one, that is actually very useful!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Whose include is this? I saw there's a lot more functions that are not in the official one, that is actually very useful!
    Its has Cheddy's hooks, Frement's Antirandoms from his F_Antirandoms, and various of my own functions I made.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

Its has Cheddy's hooks, Frement's Antirandoms from his F_Antirandoms, and various of my own functions I made.
    Why not just suggest it to get into the official reflection include? Those interaction functions are very useful IMO.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Why not just suggest it to get into the official reflection include? Those interaction functions are very useful IMO.
    I sent a PM about that yesterday, but Krazy hasnt been online yet. It may or may not get included into the include. One major problem is that all of the hooks names changed, so If Krazy has their own updater, they may have to do some extra editing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

I hope I could just run an updater to update all the hooks every Thursday since its "update day"

Krazy seems to me is a busy guy and he's not paid to do all these, so can't be active 24/7. I understand that but maybe he can have more people to help on the dev team and updates.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

I hope I could just run an updater to update all the hooks every Thursday since its "update day"

Krazy seems to me is a busy guy and he's not paid to do all these, so can't be active 24/7. I understand that but maybe he can have more people to help on the dev team and updates.
    If you need your hooks fast, just get them from javahacking.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

The Include has been updated, please post if there are any problems with the hooks
    The banking function was interesting ineedbot, Interaction and AntiRandoms will be updated soon but Interaction won't be getting those exact functions (adding an offset variant of R_MouseTile has been intended for some time though).. Those solvers were made a while ago and Frement will likely want them to have some more failsafes when they are merged with the include.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Guys I'm available for some extended hours next week. Let's write an actual include, not this mess of code someone upchucked.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tls View Post
    Guys I'm available for some extended hours next week. Let's write an actual include, not this mess of code someone upchucked.
    I really enjoy SRL-Reflection-2's structure and code. Easy and clean. Maybe a direct port would be cool. (if possible)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

I really enjoy SRL-Reflection-2's structure and code. Easy and clean. Maybe a direct port would be cool. (if possible)
    It had some memory leaks in its structure. I'd rather start from scratch.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

That's a pretty good idea. I also like the layout of Reflection 2, I remember suggesting that at one time but it was shot down.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

BAAAAMMMMM! @R0b0t1;

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by klew1102 View Post
    I can't figure this out input would be appreciated for the duplicate identifier error:
    My Problem is that when i run a script to see if i deleted all the duplicate functions in F_AntiRandoms that are also in Wigets.simba
    (Not procedure, type, or TInventoryItemArray = Array of TInventoryItem (have tried)) it gets stuck on something like Unknown identifier 'XILES_SHEARS' at line 125 which isn't a function in widgets.simba.
    Ill delete the function its under anyway and it'll just continue to say error on the same line even when the line is blank if that matters tried more than once.
    Thank you for any help
    Just delete everything to do with f_antirandoms from the script.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Just delete everything to do with f_antirandoms from the script.
    I just want to bot without babysitting to see if im logged out or not from a failed random
    I'm having trouble with a lot of the functions beginning with the one, "R_GetWidget," and multiple ones under that. The full error is "[Error] C:\Simba\Includes\F_AntiRandoms.simba(120:10): Duplicate identifier 'R_GETWIDGET' at line 120"

Next after that is "R_GetWidgetText," full error being "[Error] C:\Simba\Includes\F_AntiRandoms.simba(130:10): Duplicate identifier 'R_GETWIDGETTEXT' at line 130"

I'll list one more - "TInventoryItem," full error being "[Error] C:\Simba\Includes\F_AntiRandoms.simba(855:3): Duplicate identifier 'TInventoryItem' at line 855"
    Thanks for input
    Last edited by klew1102; 07-26-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    That's a pretty good idea. I also like the layout of Reflection 2, I remember suggesting that at one time but it was shot down.
    There are several very important reasons its not a good idea.
    1. The game engine is slightly different in some areas and causes structural changes to some of the files that make them ugly with a direct port.
    2. SRL-Reflection-2 was supposed to be a stepping stone towards a great include that was named SRL-Reflection-2.2, and as such it has very inefficient data accessing features.
    3. As a developer, we scrapped SRL-Reflection-2 a long time before even starting a different library, but I personally tried to keep it functional for everyone to use while we discussed what we were going to do differently in the next alteration.

Here are some ideas that I would like to use:
    Structure the scripting-used procedures around quasi-objects. This would allow us to save the loaded object in a global array of loaded smart objects(for a farce of memory control to keep the leaks at a minimum). The objects could be the same as in the rs client or they could have a completely custom structure that we decided made more sense seeing as we are not coding with all the features of java. Here is one I started a while back but didn't finish because I ran out of time and no one I asked wanted to continue it: https://github.com/tlsdude/OSR-REF
    I believe that it is imperative for any of our includes to incorporate some sort of object control and force the scripter to create, use, and delete objects....BUT there will also be procedures for those who don't won't to explicitly free their objects with global object freeing.

Another idea that I think is important, is overloaded functions. There is no need to make a lot of different names for functions like getnpc and getnpcex and getnpcexcustom. That can all be overloaded. They should only have separate names if the functionality changes, not the parameters.

Lastly, there needs to be specific people in charge of changes/additions to the include...as you might have noticed several things have been added to this version that just weren't up to par. Things must be vetted before given to the public. That's fundamental in all programming.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

If you want to reduce memory leaks entirely, Simba would need classes which in Obj-Pascal has destructors OR RAII containers such as ScopeGuards that automatically delete a resource or calls a cleanup function when it goes out of scope.

How do you plan on doing these things without those OR without modifying SMART?
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    If you want to reduce memory leaks entirely, Simba would need classes which in Obj-Pascal has destructors OR RAII containers such as ScopeGuards that automatically delete a resource or calls a cleanup function when it goes out of scope.

How do you plan on doing these things without those OR without modifying SMART?
    https://github.com/tlsdude/OSR-REF/b...smartref.simba

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

https://github.com/Drags111/Kronos Now that's a reflection include. (Because of the interpeter) :P

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    https://github.com/Drags111/Kronos Now that's a reflection include. (Because of the interpeter) :P
    Ya too bad it was too buggy to even load the models. It would crash all the time.

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread Information