Anything new on this?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chemicstry View Post
    So I hooked all mouse functions and they seem to be working. Code:
    http://pastebin.com/c28NM9je

This is just simple code to emulate mouse events so it doesn't have any "humanish" movement yet but you can do JBMouse.Move(x, y) and .Click(button)

Next step is move to tile function, might have that today : >

I didn't think of any namespace for functions so it's just JB (Javascript Bot)

Update:

Movement is working :}
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daCxCaSHi0w
    Just watched the video and that's impressive can't wait to see how html5 botting comes along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is nice code you have, but I am having problem with injecting any code into the client.

All the functions and variables are protected by self executing functions, so you can not easily call these out. How did you inject the hooks to the client so they would be callable from Developer console ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Any update on this? I find this very interesting.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoulShare View Post
    Any update on this? I find this very interesting.
    It seems that the development has been stopped.
    I have been spending a lot of time with HTML, Javascript and CSS lately, so I might give it a try myself. Unfortunately some links have also been broken in this thread. And I bet Jagex has changed the variable names.

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

this seems very interesting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

This would be a lot better if the html5 client actually ran decently on my pc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

So I messed around some with this and as people have mentioned in the previous posts the variables are different for each IP and roll every so often to change.

I have written up an experimental bootstrapper of my own which pulls these variable names from each individuals IP based bootstrap.

On top of that I have used and rewritten many of the functions here to successfully do the following

• Display logged in Username
    • Display player coordinates
    • Move the mouse to specified location
    • Click the mouse (Left and Right)
    • Move character to location following a path
    • Find nearest object by name and by ID

The biggest complication with continuing in the development and what has me sitting at a standstill is the way the canvas is drawn...

It is using a simple HTML5 canvas element which is essentially a bitmap image updated very fast. now, I have gotten my script to locate the positions of NPCs and such but actually clicking them without being able to find model data on the object means it is hit and miss when clicking on the specified tile rather then using the bankers model for example to click on.

If I or anyone else can find away to maybe hook the 2D draw method and capture all data about what is being drawn onto the canvas, it may be possible to pass this barrier in which then I can work on cleaning up my IP independent bootstrapper.

I hope the original poster and the rest of the people interested in this topic can help come up with some answers or ideas.

I will clean up my code later this week and post it here for those who want to try my bootstrapper.

Thanks,
    Kriogenic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kriogenic View Post
    So I messed around some with this and as people have mentioned in the previous posts the variables are different for each IP and roll every so often to change.

I have written up an experimental bootstrapper of my own which pulls these variable names from each individuals IP based bootstrap.

On top of that I have used and rewritten many of the functions here to successfully do the following

• Display logged in Username
    • Display player coordinates
    • Move the mouse to specified location
    • Click the mouse (Left and Right)
    • Move character to location following a path
    • Find nearest object by name and by ID

The biggest complication with continuing in the development and what has me sitting at a standstill is the way the canvas is drawn...

It is using a simple HTML5 canvas element which is essentially a bitmap image updated very fast. now, I have gotten my script to locate the positions of NPCs and such but actually clicking them without being able to find model data on the object means it is hit and miss when clicking on the specified tile rather then using the bankers model for example to click on.

If I or anyone else can find away to maybe hook the 2D draw method and capture all data about what is being drawn onto the canvas, it may be possible to pass this barrier in which then I can work on cleaning up my IP independent bootstrapper.

I hope the original poster and the rest of the people interested in this topic can help come up with some answers or ideas.

I will clean up my code later this week and post it here for those who want to try my bootstrapper.

Thanks,
    Kriogenic.
    I am still trying to figure out your join date, which is nearly 8 years old; and this has been decided to be your first post.

Unfortunately, HTML5 development has been replaced with the work going into the new client. (Here's to hoping its something C-related)
    Currently learning C++ for Game Development

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quentini View Post
    I am still trying to figure out your join date, which is nearly 8 years old; and this has been decided to be your first post.

Unfortunately, HTML5 development has been replaced with the work going into the new client. (Here's to hoping its something C-related)
    Mod MMG confirmed somewhere on Reddit that the client will be called Runescape NXT and will run on C++.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Mod MMG confirmed somewhere on Reddit that the client will be called Runescape NXT and will run on C++.
    Here it is: https://twitter.com/mark__gerhard/st...68629104148482
    Also a big thread on the official RS Forums: http://services.runescape.com/m=foru...7,191,65416220

Didn't know this either "Until the release of War of Legends in 2010, the company used the slogan "Java Gaming Experts" as it had only produced games written in Java up to that point. Following the launch of the Flash-based War of Legends, the company name was said to stand for "Just About the Game Experience"." reference.

So the C++ client will still use DirectX and/or OpenGL. Looks like that will be the future of botting as expected. But given that the client runs directly on your PC I think Jagex will also be able to detect botting software a lot easier. It is still possible with Java but C++ makes it easier I presume.

Also this is supposed to be released quite soon, "absolutely, the plan is to launch it late Q4, early Q1 2015". reference
    @Brandon;
    Last edited by J J; 12-29-2014 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Release date

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

With easier detection comes easier ways to evade. Also I personally like the way they are going with the client.
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frement View Post
    With easier detection comes easier ways to evade. Also I personally like the way they are going with the client.
    The way they are going with the client? How so?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quentini View Post

Yeah you know when you sign up for things to check out a post and think about replying but never do? well when i came to this thread and tried to sign up my username was taken, recovered and made a post.

And oh fair enough. I have been away from runescape for a very very long time. Guess I'll hold off on this and wait for the new client. C++ is more my thing anyway.

Thanks for the heads up.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    So they are abandoning the future ability to run RS on mobile devices? Seems a bit odd considering the tablet market alone is nearly 700m++ internet enabled devices..

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slushpuppy View Post
    So they are abandoning the future ability to run RS on mobile devices? Seems a bit odd considering the tablet market alone is nearly 700m++ internet enabled devices..
    Would it be feasible for them to keep the current game and allow the NXT client as an alternative? This seems like something that they might do if it's possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    Would it be feasible for them to keep the current game and allow the NXT client as an alternative? This seems like something that they might do if it's possible.
    It seems to me, if they were smart they would convert it entirely to C++ and never look back; however, it is Jagex, so its hard to say.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    I believe that one of the major factors for attempting the HTML5 client was to enable jagex to tap into the vast mobile market... now there's one game called albion that managed to create an MMORPG that runs on android

https://albiononline.com/

I honestly don't think the technical challenges are that great any more if a smaller game company manages to do it..

Simply launchimg RS3 on google app store would probably solve jagex's player/financial issues. But owell... jagex these days seems to have the habit of stabbing themselves with a dagger..
    Last edited by slushpuppy; 12-30-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Having the entire game being in C++ does not mean they lose anything at all.. Not sure why you guys believe that Java is automatically cross platform and that C++ isn't.

The JVM is written entirely in C++..

Now that it's said, a mod stated that it will be written in C++ with EXPORTS for Java.. Meaning that if required, a Java interface can load the game.

You can have a very tiny java application layer run in the browser, download a shared library and invoke the native interface via JNI. It already does this for JagGL, JagDX and Jaclib.

Jagex loses nothing..
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

The game I am working on now is written in haxe with openFL. It works in html5, flash, exe(windows), mac, linux, android etc

You could also look at monogame, which supports everything but html5.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Howdy y'all. I couldn't remember my password or email for my old SRL account so I just made this one. Anyways, I forked the latest proof of concept by @greent and updated it slightly so more people can easily use it.

I actually can't post the link just yet, but if you go to @greent's post and visit the Github Gist, you can click on the "Forks" section and view my fork.

If I find time to work on it more, I'll shoot for smaller files so it is a bit more readable.

Feel free to fork and contribute as you see fit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information