Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The new RiD Genesis. (again)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aufi View Post
    Sorry for being quiet again. I'm personally not botting yet because I'm an OSRS player. The pre-made OSRS environment will come out today, so expect some more info from me later, and maybe even a video of it in action (I'm very keen to make one so I will if I'm allowed).
    I'm confused... Isn't the idea of Genesis to work on any game? Why does there need to be a pre-made environment?
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I'm confused... Isn't the idea of Genesis to work on any game? Why does there need to be a pre-made environment?
    There doesn't need to be, but atm there's a limited amount of people who know how to make one from scratch, as it's the most difficult aspect of Genesis. Good news is that once an environment is made, you never have to touch that part of the program again.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

BraK has made simba scripts for dozens of games as well as non game related tasks. Once made they cannot be unmade.

On the plus side it's at least good to see life out of that community again outside of just talking.

"Sometimes User's don't need the Answer spelled out with Code. Sometimes all they need is guidance and explanation of the logic to get where they are going."

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

@Aufi VIDEO!! VIDEO!! VIDEO!!

The only real "problem" with this concept is that it would be hard to handle anything unexepcted. Not that there is much unexpected happening in OSR, and RS3. Back in the day we had randoms which made concepts like genesis harder to make.
    Last edited by slacky; 12-08-2015 at 09:44 PM.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

So after attempting to use it for RS3, it barely works.

First i'll say, when it does work, it works GREAT. The new biometrics RiD is using is fantastic, and once you actually get the bot doing what you want it to do, it seems to do it well.

The biggest issue, is taking care of the environment it requires, and calibrating. Currently Genesis has a lot of environment errors, and looking at how you setup an environment, it literally looks like DTM's and bitmaps. You kind of take a box and manipulate it to where it is (eg Inventory) but there's more to it. I've only attempted to setup my own once, when Alpha was released, but gave up after 30 minutes because none of it made sense. Now i'm not 100% sure how this environment setup works, it just appears to use DTM's and bitmaps.

On top of that, Environment detection works and doesn't work. Some parts of the environment will sync up perfectly with it's coorisponding 'Spot' in the game, but so far I've noticed the 'Game' container (The area where everything will be located) is off, sometimes it'll be half my monitor screen, or half my in-game screen.

Then you get to calibrating, extremely simple, all you do is re-peat said task 10 times. So just do UNF pots for 10 inventories, then just press finish and it'll calibrate and hopefully show a screen to start the bot, view biometrics data, view what the bot 'saw', and view the steps you did. The biometric data screen looks fucking cool, and it also provides biometric data the bot used in the previous session as well, you can see your bots biometric data. There's also the calibration data, what the bot saw while calibrating. It shows you everything you did during the session, keypresses, mouse clicks, the map, and what was happening on screen. So it show me clicking on a model in-game, then an interface would show up, then it'd show that I did Withdraw-all. It's a really neat view.

But then there's actually starting the bot. I've now had to re-calibrate nearly 10 different times, taking up 30-ish minutes while messing with the environment just to get it to start, and even then it didn't, and all I've been trying to do is have it withdraw an item, then open the bank and deposit it. Very simple task.

After clicking finish while calibrating, it'll go into "Creating Bot" but then freeze, losing all the calibrating data, forcing you to re-try. Then after finally getting it working, you'll go back and try a different bot, but then it'll freeze again, forcing you to question "What's wrong now, I've literally not changed anything"

Not sure if the environment detection is buggy, or 'compiling' the calibration data is just erroring out.

Now, actually using the bot, is great. I've heard it's actually very stable, and just getting it to that point is what's a bitch. I will say RiD has been releasing updates, he's released two today, so he isn't leaving us in the dark or anything, but Genesis is pretty much un-usable in this state. I'd call this an Alpha more than anything, and then on top of that, this is the result of 2 years of development.. and that's disappointing.

I'm not sure how much I can publicly say about Genesis, i'd rather not get temped yet again for leaking, but if releasing video of Genesis isn't an issue, then I'd be down to do so.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

While yes, there are still things being ironed out, one thing I will say is that RiD has been very focused on providing frequent updates. He has pushed out 6 updates since Sunday, and progress is definitely noticeable. While the current limitations may seem ridiculous, I believe RiD is taking a bottom up approach. That is to say, under the most simplistic conditions, ensure the foundation works as intended, and testing in such an environment minimizes erroneous factors. Once the foundation is solid, I'm sure the limitations will begin disappearing very quickly and additional functionality will be added at a good rate. Given that it's only been 4 days, the progress is pretty good, and I don't think it will be long before this progress starts snowballing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trent! View Post
    While yes, there are still things being ironed out, one thing I will say is that RiD has been very focused on providing frequent updates. He has pushed out 6 updates since Sunday, and progress is definitely noticeable. While the current limitations may seem ridiculous, I believe RiD is taking a bottom up approach. That is to say, under the most simplistic conditions, ensure the foundation works as intended, and testing in such an environment minimizes erroneous factors. Once the foundation is solid, I'm sure the limitations will begin disappearing very quickly and additional functionality will be added at a good rate. Given that it's only been 4 days, the progress is pretty good, and I don't think it will be long before this progress starts snowballing.
    Think this might be the first Trent post I actually agree with.
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Their current business model; will allow another person or group to capitalise on all this #HYPE .

And more than likely have their product on the internet before RiD; gets their product "shelf" ready.

Im not sure why RiD didnt just come out with pre-defined scripts; once revenue starting coming in for all the previous years effort; then a bit of momentum comes back.
    Then finish it with more resources and energy at your disposal?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFools View Post
    Their current business model; will allow another person or group to capitalise on all this #HYPE .

And more than likely have their product on the internet before RiD; gets their product "shelf" ready.

Im not sure why RiD didnt just come out with pre-defined scripts; once revenue starting coming in for all the previous years effort; then a bit of momentum comes back.
    Then finish it with more resources and energy at your disposal?
    Well, it's been 2 years, why hasn't someone produced a similar product before him?

Upon release Genesis will have scripts added to it by default. Most likely covering all of the bots that previously existed. Mainly for those who don't feel like making their own bots right away.

Right now the main issues with beta are setting/creating environments and calibration, and that situation is improving every day. Once that's ironed out the rest is very simple in comparison. Many of those who have made it through the environment and calibration phases have expressed that they are impressed with the performance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Wishing them all the best.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

I promised a video of Genesis in action. This is a very basic bot, as we are still trying to iron out bugs atm.

I'd be happy to make another vid of something more complex in the future.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I promised a video of Genesis in action. This is a very basic bot, as we are still trying to iron out bugs atm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvfFLqVyKvU
    Thanks for this. The mouse movements, as I believe has always been the case with RiD, look outstanding. The jittering/hesitation is very human-like, especially as the mouse draws nearer to its destination.

Does the user's competency during calibration affect the script at all? For example, if you were to calibrate RiD by performing an activity in a "bad" or "inefficient" way, would the resulting script turn out similarly inefficient?
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Dat RID mouse movement.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing!

The mouse movements look funky to me. Especially after right clicking. e: SOME of them are weird. some look real

How does it handle failures? e.g. bank not opening/closing
    Last edited by Citrus; 12-12-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Thanks for this. The mouse movements, as I believe has always been the case with RiD, look outstanding. The jittering/hesitation is very human-like.

Does the user's competency during calibration affect the script at all? For example, if you were to calibrate RiD by performing an activity in a "bad" or "inefficient" way, would the resulting script turn out similarly inefficient?
    Cheers.

Actually, yes. The bot in this case is performing actions very similarly to how I do it during calibration. As you can see the bot prematurely moves the mouse to the next location (inventory when banking for example) exactly how I did it when calibrating. You'll also notice the bot waits a little bit before clicking the bank, that's also intended because it's required to wait a second or two before being able to open the bank while the Humidify spell is animating. In the past I had to play a lot slower for the bot to register what I was doing, the outcome was entirely different. Those issues are fixed now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    Thanks for sharing!

The mouse movements look funky to me. Especially after right clicking. e: SOME of them are weird. some look real

How does it handle failures? e.g. bank not opening/closing
    There are still a lot of issues to be fixed, including performance.

As for failures, atm we are still early into beta. But RiD intends to add a way to edit our bots to add any kind of failsafe for certain situations, eg bank not opening, bot clicking the wrong option giving a strange result the bot normally wouldn't recognize etc.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

So far I've only been able to get an alcher working, I cannot for the life of me get Fletching to work, then again it might just be that i'm too lazy to sit there for 10-20 minutes and fletch legit. I've just been waiting until it becomes more stable, and isn't basically a gamble when you finish a calibration.

But, when Genesis does work, it's fucking great. It just needs a lot of fixing up, and RiD has released around 6-8 updates since release. I guess the majority of the work was just behind scenes.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

To me it just seems like a fancy auto clicker which records which colours you click on and the times between clicks and with some fancy mouse movements on top. Nothing so impressive to me at least so far.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    To me it just seems like a fancy auto clicker which records which colours you click on and the times between clicks and with some fancy mouse movements on top. Nothing so impressive to me at least so far.
    Then you will have no problem reproducing what has been shown in that video, because to me that mouse movements looks like a human just playing some scape and it's pretty damn impressive.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Then you will have no problem reproducing what has been shown in that video, because to me that mouse movements looks like a human just playing some scape and it's pretty damn impressive.
    Lol, that humidifier could be reproduced in a 20 line script, which would take half as much time to write as doing a calibration session. If we all remember that Jagex only records click parameters, and not the movements between clicks, custom biometrics are rendered nearly useless. You can randomize clicks and mouse button press duration very easily in simba. If you have read this thread from the beginning you will know RiD is all about marketing. Those mouse movements are marketing 101 (practically useless, but keep the nubs frothing).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Simba Noob View Post
    Lol, that humidifier could be reproduced in a 20 line script, which would take half as much time to write as doing a calibration session. If we all remember that Jagex only records click parameters, and not the movements between clicks, custom biometrics are rendered nearly useless. You can randomize clicks and mouse button press duration very easily in simba. If you have read this thread from the beginning you will know RiD is all about marketing. Those mouse movements are marketing 101 (practically useless, but keep the nubs frothing).
    You're forgetting an important fact, and that is that humans do not click randomly. Humans have biometric behavioral styles. This affects what, when, where, how, and why we click the way we do. Jagex can tell the difference between randomized inputs and human inputs.

Also, Jagex does have the capabilities of tracking actual movements, not just clicking patterns. Now, that's not to say they utilize this capability all the time as that would be a waste of resources, but they do have systems in place that are capable of this. I know this because I've been shown proof.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

You're forgetting an important fact, and that is that humans do not click randomly. Humans have biometric behavioral styles. This affects what, when, where, how, and why we click the way we do. Jagex can tell the difference between randomized inputs and human inputs.

Also, Jagex does have the capabilities of tracking actual movements, not just clicking patterns. Now, that's not to say they utilize this capability all the time as that would be a waste of resources, but they do have systems in place that are capable of this. I know this because I've been shown proof.

I'm not sure you actually understand the definition of the word "biometric", as the context you used it in doesn't make sense.. You basically said that humans have a fingerprint behavior style, as biometrics are a method of analyzing/identifying human behavior.. Maybe saying that humans follow a Gaussian type clicking patterns world be a more appropriate term? Also, even though I know the answer before asking, can you show the proof you have?

Biometric - "the process by which a person's unique physical and other traits are detected and recorded by an electronic device or system as a means of confirming identity"
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

Of course humans playing RS don't click randomly - you must follow some sort of pattern to actually complete whatever task you're currently performing. However, that pattern does have randomness - and that randomness is what's somewhat unique to every player. You can randomize randomness very easily (i.e. random player 'profiles').

Right now I'm lolling at your other point. If you had proof about botting evidence - mouse movements or otherwise - that would be the biggest RS news since the phat dupe in '03. Trent keep Trentin'

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Warning: Language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I8waBT0Ou4

All in good fun
    My favorite part was at the very end when all the Let's Plays of The Lion King for the Sega Genesis showed up as suggested videos, LOL
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Warning: Language

All in good fun
    Brilliant!

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information