Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Main perm banned

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Unhappy Main perm banned

Hi all,

Just thought I would share; my 13 year old main account was perm banned today.

I can assume it is a mixture of trying out a new script that I developed (CastFlaxSpinner) and my temp ban from last year.

Anyway, I have kind of lost a lot of motivation for the game, so I don't think I will be doing too many more releases.

Will probably dump my scripts later.

Such is life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Sucks to hear that man, best of luck in whatever you decide to do next.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

That really does suck sorry man. Did people ever decide whether or not they flagged hardware? Didn't you just have another account banned? That's why I ask.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

I have had accounts banned, which I put down to running a gold farming script for too long.

I think it may have been something to do with my IP and the fact that I had a temp ban already.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Sucks to hear. My main also just got banned too. I'm kinda in your boat with not wanting to start over also. Kinda odd me and your mains both get banned in like a week span.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Yeah must be a sweep.

Is kind of what I needed to move onto better games any way lol.
    Last edited by Dan the man; 01-17-2017 at 02:46 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

If you'd like to keep playing, you're welcome to use that account I let you use for testing (94/90/99). You can use it as long as you'd like. Send me a PM if you'd like it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbia View Post
    If you'd like to keep playing, you're welcome to use that account I let you use for testing (94/90/99). You can use it as long as you'd like. Send me a PM if you'd like it.
    Hi mate,

I do appreciate the offer but I have kind of fallen out of love with OSRS as of late any way. The reason I was botting was because I could not be bothered the play the game myself; kind of felt more like a chore.

Thanks again though, and keep an eye out for the revised NMZ script I will post up later.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Sorry to hear.. I have been in a similar position many a times... but OSRS lures me back time and time again...

May i ask.. Had the temp ban expired??

<------------------>

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFools View Post
    Sorry to hear.. I have been in a similar position many a times... but OSRS lures me back time and time again...

May i ask.. Had the temp ban expired??
    Temp ban finished in June last year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    Yeah must be a sweep.

Is kind of what I needed to move onto better games any way lol.
    Yeah, I feel that. I was in the works with sooo many new scripts though that would have brought so much to the forum, that the only thing that got me fucked up.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Question: When your account gets banned for botting, what should you do to reset and prevent Jagex from identifying your new account?
    - I know VMWare can get around any Hardware ID flags.
    - I believe changing your IP address is necessary as well (static IP makes that a little hard).

Anything else that I can do to reset?

I am wanting to do a few tests on color scripting on the main RS client to see what the ban rates are.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Some say to delete the jagex_cl_oldschool_LIVE.dat and random.dat files, for me in C:\Users\*yourname*. I haven't done this and years though and haven't received a ban, but can't hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Actually don't delete random.dat, but modify it instead - open it in notepad, remove all the text and save it as a .dat again. Then open the file properties and make the file read-only.
    What that is known to do, is allow you to multilog. Nobody actually knows if it does anything else besides that.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bago47 View Post
    Actually don't delete random.dat, but modify it instead - open it in notepad, remove all the text and save it as a .dat again. Then open the file properties and make the file read-only.
    What that is known to do, is allow you to multilog. Nobody actually knows if it does anything else besides that.
    Wouldn't the client be able to see if you have been tampering with it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

You shouldn't bot on a main anyway :/ stick to botting on trash accounts you don't care about getting banned for making $$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

I'm sure it can, since it tries to replace (rewrite) modified file with original - but as you have modified version set to read-only, it can't.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bago47 View Post
    I'm sure it can, since it tries to replace (rewrite) modified file with original - but as you have modified version set to read-only, it can't.
    Sorry what I meant was wouldn't they be able to read the data and realize that it has been tampered with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

You tried ban appeal thread?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/YoHoJoSRL
    Good scripting guides on youtube
    Formerly known as (djcheater)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Here is the thing it's part of the game that we play with the game devs and always have. DO NOT get down and def DO NOT quit doing what you are doing. try this take a break PLAY some actual games. Villagers and heroes is a game that you can easily create bots on and there anti ban is min, so that would be nice easy macro building with no harsh consequences.

Also OSRS was owned by macros before they closed it and that was the main reason they closed it. With machines learning now a days it does not surprise me that it learned you were autoing before and compared it to now and decided that you were macroing now.

Moverover play some runescape by hand. The game is ever changing and I have often seen macros that are playing the game as it was plaid before updates unbeknownst to the macro builder esp rs3.

Lastly ALL of my successfully macroed characters are only about 50% macroed the other time I am "poking" the game by hand to improved my ever changing programs. I have many 15 yr old hand played characters all because I know I WILL be banned no matter how good the macro I build is.

Anyway, sorry for your loss. òzz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by randy marsh View Post
    You tried ban appeal thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzhates View Post
    Here is the thing it's part of the game that we play with the game devs and always have. DO NOT get down and def DO NOT quit doing what you are doing. try this take a break PLAY some actual games. is a game that you can easily create bots on and there anti ban is min, so that would be nice easy macro building with no harsh consequences.

Also OSRS was owned by macros before they closed it and that was the main reason they closed it. With machines learning now a days it does not surprise me that it learned you were autoing before and compared it to now and decided that you were macroing now.

Moverover play some runescape by hand. The game is ever changing and I have often seen macros that are playing the game as it was plaid before updates unbeknownst to the macro builder esp rs3.

Lastly ALL of my successfully macroed characters are only about 50% macroed the other time I am "poking" the game by hand to improved my ever changing programs. I have many 15 yr old hand played characters all because I know I WILL be banned no matter how good the macro I build is.
    òzz
    You guys both know this thread is well over a year old right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Yer but i dont no if he nos about the ban appeal <3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

oh shit my bad no i did not

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Yeah I honestly couldn;t be stuffed. Think most of them get confirmed as a bot now days anyway. Have a new main, which I anticipate will be banned again (has been temp banned) but thats all part of the process I suppose. Plan on making a few maxed mains to work with in NMZ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Did you appeal? I appealed all my bans , 5/5 all denied
    I keep sending them in but im sure they wont unban if you tried to appeal already and it was denined

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information