Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Epicbot*has virus.(how to correctly uninstall)*****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Epicbot*has virus.(how to correctly uninstall)*****

The Au_.exe executable file belongs to the rogue anti-spyware program, SpyFalcon. This malicious program camouflages itself as an anti-spyware utility when in fact it is a Trojan. This malware has the capability to infiltrate your computer through security exploits and install itself along with other Trojans. What the file basically does is hijack the user’s desktop and changes user settings to make it function according to its own requirements.

Au_.exe is also linked to many other spyware, adware and cloaked malware groups. Where some say that the origin of this Trojan is unknown, some are of the opinion that the malicious software to which the file belongs can be downloaded easily from manufacturer’s website. The file is also said to be a part of the Arovax Anti-Spyware software. This may be probable, as the initial description says that this executable pretends to be an anti-spyware application.

How Au_.exe Infects your PC

The following are some of the ways au_.exe is known to affect the PC it infects:

Deletes essential processes from the disk
    Executing harmful processes stored in temporary folders
    Creates other potentially dangerous processes on your system.
    Uses HTTP protocols to communicate with other computer systems for malicious purposes.
    Adds bad entries to the registry.
    Hijacks system processes to delete links in the Start Menu and can be a source of annoyance for many users.
    Looks at what’s inside the autoexec.bat file and invades your privacy by reading email addresses and phone book details.

IF you have downloaded this bot, and you are seeing decreases in PC performance, files disappearing, or anything else strange, open task manager, go to processes, Select: Show processes from all users, look for Au_.exe, and end it, then go to: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp, if you see a folder ~nsu.tmp open it, and see if there is a program with the Epicbot icon, if so, go back and delete the ~nsu.tmp and restart your computer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awesome. Though I'm hoping most people already knew that Epicbot was a virus, now you guys know how to remove it properly. Thanks for the helpful post.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

It doesn't even add to startup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

First time when I downloaded it did my Anti Malwarebytes pro pop up so I knew from the beginning it was a malware lol.
    Pure --> Berserker progress: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=907073
    Best SRL Member around (Bonfield): http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1106646
    Sorry for my english grammer.
    ~Bwuk.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Expected it to have malware. I'll be sticking with Simba for the rest of my RuneScape career.

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

i never touched epicbot and i never will simba is the best in my mind, and if it isnt, it can definetly become it

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)

I chucked Epicbot onto my laptop to test this out, no AU_.exe in the process :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did you hit all processes, and did you try running it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xtrapsp View Post
    I chucked Epicbot onto my laptop to test this out, no AU_.exe in the process :P
    same lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Epicbot itself has no virus. When you install Epicbot the installer also installs other Third-party applications unless you uncheck the boxes.
    <3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wrong, if you read.... the virus in epicbot is disguised as spyware ^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Someone help im freaking it :s

I dont have Au_.exe as a process.

I've tried running Epicbot but the process still doesn't show up, what do i do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmm now its a good bot atm, now will it hurt anything sitting in a virtual machine ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cheezits guys... I'll get a sandboxie of it within the hour...

-Edit-
    Lol, I can't even get to download it because it is known malware. Fail.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MITJ1...ature=youtu.be

More fail

I see no reasoning for sandboxie now.
    There is your proof naysayers!

Quote Originally Posted by botsalot123 View Post
    hmm now its a good bot atm, now will it hurt anything sitting in a virtual machine ?
    As long as you have nothing of importance on it and you don't mind if your account is stolen.
    Last edited by uz3; 03-11-2012 at 03:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i find the au.exe i just deleted what i should do now ??

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Epic bot itself doesn't have a virus.. if u monitored it with Process Explorer and GMer or watch it execute with OllyDbg and WireShark or a packetsniffer/monitoring tool you'd know that.. What flags this thing is actually the shitload of ads and thirdparty software.. The thirdparty stuff is full blown malware for sure though. Could possibly be associated with epicbot.. but the bot itself has nothing.

Also if your playing around with testing bots and don't have outbound connections(Except RS) in your firewall blocked for that application then you have problems..
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Like we said from the beginning EpicBot has a virus/logger attached to it. good How to for those who has fallen into the epicbot trap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rice View Post
    Like we said from the beginning EpicBot has a virus/logger attached to it. good How to for those who has fallen into the epicbot trap.
    Actually, as pointed out above, Epicbot itself actually doesn't contain a virus. The extras that the installer, by default, installs are malware. You can choose to not install the extras though.
    <3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

Its a good thing I haven't used epicbot then.

I really hope the same isn't for rarebot...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sahibjs View Post
    Its a good thing I haven't used epicbot then.

I really hope the same isn't for rarebot...
    Well Rarebot is mostly color, or so I've heard? Correct me if i'm wrong please. But any bot you have to install most likely do or will in the future contain spyware/malware/keyloggers. Except for Simba of course! :P My advice is wait to use other bots until after the upcoming bot nuke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Incarceron View Post
    Actually, as pointed out above, Epicbot itself actually doesn't contain a virus. The extras that the installer, by default, installs are malware. You can choose to not install the extras though.
    I never said EpicBot itself was a virus. I said there was one ATTACHed to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

im using epicbot for long time ( only to gain money ) and didnt have any hack attempt.
    when you first install epicbot it ask you if you want to install another 3rd part programs, just click cancel and none of the harmfull programs will be on your pc, even if you want to use epic bot and you afraid to have a virus/trojan or any other harmfull programs, just install epicbot, copy the already installed epicbot ( the .jar file) to USB disk or any other storage device, format your pc and run the .jar on the new clean version of windows. i dont undrstand how people getting hacked by usign epicbot, its because people are stupid, they are going on youtube and looking for runescape bots, youtube find them videos with bots and fake download link (an infected epicbot) you click on "more info" and you see something like: DOWNLOAD EPICBOT: www.mediafire.com/blablabla
    seriously, who is downloading epicbot or any other bots from mediafire he will be infected 100% and then they blame epicbot, oh cmon guys, just download from official sites, same thing with simba, people are stupid if they are downloading from non official sites. for me epicbot is safe as longer as you dont install all the shit that comes with the epicbot installer.
    Last edited by zamserv; 03-11-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Epicbot is not a virus/keylogger, these problems only occur when you download a malicious copy -.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Its not that i like epicbot or anything but i use that bot at the same time i use this, ATM i am running eb, without any Au_.exe also i would like to say that i used it even before the nuke, and got several 99's with it. So EB is safe... just so u guys know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ivanch11 View Post
    Its not that i like epicbot or anything but i use that bot at the same time i use this, ATM i am running eb, without any Au_.exe also i would like to say that i used it even before the nuke, and got several 99's with it. So EB is safe... just so u guys know
    This.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information