Thread: People who have been banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default People who have been banned

Were you banned from using simba or another sort of bot?

I've always thought simba was nearly undetectable.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

I believe that 100% of the bans were cause by using another bot. Simba is safe to use.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silentcore View Post
    I believe that 100% of the bans were cause by using another bot. Simba is safe to use.
    Actually a few days ago I received a ban for crafting boots on a throwaway account, the account had only used Simba, and only used my script. I've looked through the script numerous times and I couldn't find anything that should throw flags. As I was sleeping at the time, I don't know what the circumstances of the ban were except that the script had been running flawlessly up until the ban (I can assume this due to the xp/h being one of the highest it's been on my setup). That being said, I don't believe that Jagex is detecting the SMART, or else there would be far more bans.

Personally, I'm going to wait this one out. It's a bad time to be skilling in F2P.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

Botting in F2p is like 80% chance of being banned. Botting with Pbot on F2p is like 100% of being banned. I have kept botting since the last bans and soo far nothing. It has only been with Smart (Ive stopped using pbot since the last wave.)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silentcore View Post
    It's only safe to use if it's a decent script which is being used, and is being used sensibly. There's always a chance of getting caught.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

I got my main acc banned for 48 hours using Ashaman&ggzzLRC.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denart5 View Post
    I got my main acc banned for 48 hours using Ashaman&ggzzLRC.
    Me too.. Me too. Same script. When I got unbanned, I had no rollbacks whatsoever though :S
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Never had a single ban with Simba scripts.
    I think Jagex may intentionally delay bans (like banning you few weeks after they caught you) so that you won't know which client/script is detectable, so don't always assume that the script you were running at the time of ban is the cause.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

No bans ever for me while using Simba. The last banned account was from using Aryan. There's a handful of things you can do to keep your account under the radar.

And yes indeed Simba itself won't be detected; the riskiest factors of using Simba is the possibility of SMART being detected or if you're using a low quality script. If one is banned using Simba I can guarantee it's due to human error (perhaps doing the same task for so long, having a flagged IP, insane amounts of botting time, and so on...) or you simply were at the wrong place at the wrong time and got reported or insta-banned by a JMod.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    Actually a few days ago I received a ban for crafting boots on a throwaway account, the account had only used Simba, and only used my script. I've looked through the script numerous times and I couldn't find anything that should throw flags. As I was sleeping at the time, I don't know what the circumstances of the ban were except that the script had been running flawlessly up until the ban (I can assume this due to the xp/h being one of the highest it's been on my setup). That being said, I don't believe that Jagex is detecting the SMART, or else there would be far more bans.

Personally, I'm going to wait this one out. It's a bad time to be skilling in F2P.

is this for EOC or OSR?

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrewSRL View Post
    I've always thought simba was nearly undetectable.
    Simba is, in a way, but the individual scripts you use may not be. When using a script, you are placing your trust in that person who wrote the script. Somebody could write a script which solely uses known methods of detectability and several people will use it who are none-the-wiser, only until they log in the following day to find their accounts have been frozen/banned (unless, of course, you know how to script/know enough to find simple flaws within one).
    You may contact me with any concerns you have.
    Are you a victim of harassment? Please notify me or any other staff member.

| SRL Community Rules | SRL Live Help & Chat | Setting up Simba | F.A.Q's |

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Yep imo it's all about the script - for example, while the forums were down, a couple of bugs popped up for the LRC script that caused it to appear like an obv bot. Therefore manual ban hammer (specially cuz they watch that area so closely).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Recently jagex been really cracking down on Bots on 07scape/Eoc but they've all ignored that one auto Guild miner on RS classic .
    I've only been banned once, and thats during 2008 on a noob account for two weeks using RSbot, and thats because i over did it.

Never had a ban from Scar or Simba and i've been using it for almost a decade now, just recently discovered an old forum acc of mine on these forums . I've had two or three people confirm to me that they were banned using my Fight Cave script and Curser script, only after that spot became a hot spot for banning and only after they ran it for 90+ hours straight without breaks in between or anything.

I've ran my curser script with breaks for 24 hours and same for my fight caves with breaks for 19 hours, no ban. Its all how you bot and what you do with the time your not botting, be anti - social and you're more likely to get picked up and detected as a bot, participate in a clan/socialize with other players and you probably wont raise much red flags.

The script its self is just as important, if it doesn't have anti ban or over uses antiban then it will get you banned :P

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaman88 View Post
    Yep imo it's all about the script - for example, while the forums were down, a couple of bugs popped up for the LRC script that caused it to appear like an obv bot. Therefore manual ban hammer (specially cuz they watch that area so closely).
    What kind of bugs? Did Jagex change something in the LRC?

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denart5 View Post
    What kind of bugs? Did Jagex change something in the LRC?
    enough color changes to through a few processes off. the biggest was the sps paths - causing all users to miss the safespot initially, they all would end the path at the same point (obv bot). The failsafes got them in the safe spot, but 50 or so people running to the same off spot? bot bot bot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

Recently had 4 accounts banned. All used PB. They were Lower lvl accounts but I still lost a considerable amount of wealth :\ Lesson learned.

Thread Information