Thread: Rune Running: Too Obvious?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Default Rune Running: Too Obvious?

This isn't really a request, I'm just curious to see what other people think.
    Would a rune running script be worth making, or would it draw too much attention? Let me know.
    Last edited by Citrus; 03-03-2015 at 12:32 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

Is that a runite ore miner or a runecrafting based runner? Either sound solid for gold farming puposes

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uhit View Post
    Is that a runite ore miner or a runecrafting based runner? Either sound solid for gold farming puposes
    I was thinking of runecrafting but I guess there are other applications.
    Last edited by Citrus; 03-03-2015 at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

I'd assume this would quickly draw unwanted attention.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evilcitrus View Post
    Would a rune running script be worth making, or would it draw too much attention? Let me know.
    Atleast runemining ones draws attention for sure

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cosmasjdz View Post
    Atleast runemining ones draws attention for sure
    Not as much as you'd think if it's hopping worlds correctly. I've had a private one running in the mining guild resource dungeon. No problems so far.

This depends if the script would be private or public, how many accounts are running it, the extent of the antiban, and how well the script is written. I'm not sure how much money rune running is per hour, this would be the deciding factor of making the script or not. There are tons of money making methods that can be scripted, as always, the best way of making money will always be prioritized. If scripters think their time is better spent working a script that would bring in more money, the odds of a rune runner being made are slim.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterXehanort View Post
    This depends if the script would be private or public, how many accounts are running it, the extent of the antiban, and how well the script is written. I'm not sure how much money rune running is per hour, this would be the deciding factor of making the script or not. There are tons of money making methods that can be scripted, as always, the best way of making money will always be prioritized. If scripters think their time is better spent working a script that would bring in more money, the odds of a rune runner being made are slim.
    Well I would be the one to make it. I'm not really worried about maximizing profit, I just thought it would be a cool script to make. But not if it was too easy to ban.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Rune running has changed now, its all about the assist system.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    Rune running has changed now, its all about the assist system.
    That's how I was thinking of doing it, but it wouldn't still look suspicious?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

That's how I was thinking of doing it, but it wouldn't still look suspicious?
    Is it something someone would actually do to make money currently? If so, then a well made script will negate issues as well as smart botting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

If you had it running for your own purposes (as in training your own runecrafting level) then I think it wouldn't be that obvious. I couldn't see a rune running script making tons of money though.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notadad View Post
    If you had it running for your own purposes (as in training your own runecrafting level) then I think it wouldn't be that obvious. I couldn't see a rune running script making tons of money though.
    Since this is in the RS3 section, and you're wanting a way to train Runecrafting quickly, why not just use the Runespan? That place does still exist in RS3, right?

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Since this is in the RS3 section, and you're wanting a way to train Runecrafting quickly, why not just use the Runespan? That place does still exist in RS3, right?
    Yes, the Runespan is still there and still stupidly fast RC xp.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Well, it would give the possibility of making a decent profit while training runecrafting. Unless you can also make a profit off of runespan?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

I make 350k/hr with Camel's air crafter on one account, so with 3+ runners the money would be decent for f2p.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Well, it would give the possibility of making a decent profit while training runecrafting. Unless you can also make a profit off of runespan?
    The money is nice, plus I've never actually done Runespan and have no idea how it works

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Yes, the Runespan is still there and still stupidly fast RC xp.
    It was a slap-in-the-face to runecrafters when it was released. Quite a big let down that one of the more respected skills could be quickly mastered.

If it were me I'd train up Runecrafting to 91 at the Runespan and then just make a nature-crafter and craft Nature runes until you've made your hundreds of millions.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

If it were me I'd train up Runecrafting to 91 at the Runespan and then just make a nature-crafter and craft Nature runes until you've made your hundreds of millions.
    Orrrr, make the rune running script, and make a nature altar standing script separately. Just setup multiple players to be running the ess, and have one stand at the altar making double nats. Technically if you have enough runners going, you could be crafting double nats constantly. Say trading a runner and clicking the altar takes "x" amount of seconds. And say you have runners taking you 27 essence per load (making it possible to run ess fresh off tutorial island), that means you craft 54 natures every "x" seconds. At the current GE price of 299 coins per nat, you'd be making 32,292 geepee every "x" seconds.

Now, lets throw some number in for "x", say 30 seconds to trade and click the altar. You'd be making 64,584 geepee/minute => 3875k/hr.

Now lets say we write amazing scripts in which "x" would be reduced to 20 seconds. That's 5812k/hr.

Throw in a six hour fix for the scripts and let them go for 15 hours a day (unless you're a madman for 24/7). That's 87.18M geepee/day. Two altarstanders going at it for 174.36M /day.

Ha though nobody would ever release these for public use if they made them. This can technically work for any runes, so you can have accounts standing at the most profitable altar and have the runners go there for even moar geepee. I'd propose having the runners go through the abyss though if you're planning to go to multiple altars. And if there is a change of price in runes (too much farming) just change a few lines of code to move on to the next profitable altar until the original recovers/stabilizes in price.

I've just convinced myself to start working on these scripts now. This may actually even be more profitable on OSRS if your plan is to gold farm (plus I think rune running actually happens on OSRS servers so less chance of everything getting JamFlexed).

EDIT: At the rate of 9720 nats/hr at OSRS price (239 gp per nat), that's 2.32 OSRS gp/hr. Which means 34.84M /day with one accounts, 69.69M/day with two. Currently gold is 1EOC:8OSRS, so that's technically 557.54M EOC geepee/day. So much potential here.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Orrrr, make the rune running script, and make a nature altar standing script separately. Just setup multiple players to be running the ess, and have one stand at the altar making double nats. Technically if you have enough runners going, you could be crafting double nats constantly. Say trading a runner and clicking the altar takes "x" amount of seconds. And say you have runners taking you 27 essence per load (making it possible to run ess fresh off tutorial island), that means you craft 54 natures every "x" seconds. At the current GE price of 299 coins per nat, you'd be making 32,292 geepee every "x" seconds.

Now, lets throw some number in for "x", say 30 seconds to trade and click the altar. You'd be making 64,584 geepee/minute => 3875k/hr.

Now lets say we write amazing scripts in which "x" would be reduced to 20 seconds. That's 5812k/hr.

Throw in a six hour fix for the scripts and let them go for 15 hours a day (unless you're a madman for 24/7). That's 87.18M geepee/day. Two altarstanders going at it for 174.36M /day.

Ha though nobody would ever release these for public use if they made them. This can technically work for any runes, so you can have accounts standing at the most profitable altar and have the runners go there for even moar geepee. I'd propose having the runners go through the abyss though if you're planning to go to multiple altars. And if there is a change of price in runes (too much farming) just change a few lines of code to move on to the next profitable altar until the original recovers/stabilizes in price.

I've just convinced myself to start working on these scripts now. This may actually even be more profitable on OSRS if your plan is to gold farm (plus I think rune running actually happens on OSRS servers so less chance of everything getting JamFlexed).

EDIT: At the rate of 9720 nats/hr at OSRS price (239 gp per nat), that's 2.32 OSRS gp/hr. Which means 34.84M /day with one accounts, 69.69M/day with two. Currently gold is 1EOC:8OSRS, so that's technically 557.54M EOC geepee/day. So much potential here.
    Other than the fact last time someone did this on OSRS reddit just gave all the bots names to mod weath and they all got banned.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    Other than the fact last time someone did this on OSRS reddit just gave all the bots names to mod weath and they all got banned.
    How does one distinguish a rune runner bot from a regular rune runner?

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

There's few ways to do nature runecrafting, and only 2 are efficient: via the Abyss and via a Spirit Graahk (is that the name?) Neither can be accomplished with a fresh account. Now if you did use a fresh account and you had it running between the general store and the nature altar (very slow mind you) your runes-per-hour would be stupidly low. On top of that even if you had a fast rune-crafter with this fresh account "rune running" it would have to wait at the altar for the account to arrive with a single load of pure essence, slowing down the real money-making account substantially.

The fastest I've ever crafted Nature runes on OSRS is a rate of 4,000 per hour and that's with 91+ RC, a very high Agility/Mining/Thieving level. A new account running runes between the general store can at max do 500 per hour, and that's excluding waiting for the 'main account' to arrive & trade. So let's say you factor in the waiting and trading delay and somehow miraculously pull off 400 extra essence per hour with this "rune runner", that's an extra 800 runes crafter per hour, totaling 4,800 Nature runes per hour.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

How does one distinguish a rune runner bot from a regular rune runner?
    Like how couldnt you distinquish? If you mining ore legitly around all those bots and few legit players in few hours you can spot whoever is botting or no. Bots tends to do same things in same situation. Iv been botting around and watching few bots doing it and could tell like without me there were like 2 other different bots running and changing like 2-3 chars each. Like now i am doing swamp lizzards and can tell iv seen so far like 3 types of bots. One of them is like suiciding 2-3days nonstop, not even breaks before ban But everytime recovers with other accounts. Others are modified ashmans with banking pretty sure. Well mine was based on ashmans too i admitt but now his code is like 10% of the script. And one is very hard to distinquish, maybe private cause only seen 2 chars high lvl seems like maybe hacked ones or just person doing it very self confident as nobody would risk 200$ worth chars for 500k/h. And those spottings done in like a week with botting with only 8 chars now, sometimes see fun things like on different worlds bots synchronize their movement And althrough they very obvious and guy is probably suiciding cause of that he still makes proffit cause most of them reach like 75-76 hunting before bans.

Might reconsider myself botting strategy. Why make good bot in a week or two while you can write in a hour and just suicide, difference not really much, if suiciding runs 72hours straight no break on average before ban, mine runs 160-200 hours 4-6 hours a day then yeah, why not? Jagex is basicly gravedigging right there. Maybe they want to crash mills prices to the point it wouldnt be worth botting.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)

This bring back memories of my very first banned account lol. It was way back when I think either KBot or RSBot had a script which ran runes to a main account at the air altar (I was f2p then). It worked magnificently for a few days; however, as soon as a legit player noticed what i was doing, I was almost instantly banned as it was super duper obvious that I was botting :c

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

There's few ways to do nature runecrafting, and only 2 are efficient: via the Abyss and via a Spirit Graahk (is that the name?) Neither can be accomplished with a fresh account. Now if you did use a fresh account and you had it running between the general store and the nature altar (very slow mind you) your runes-per-hour would be stupidly low. On top of that even if you had a fast rune-crafter with this fresh account "rune running" it would have to wait at the altar for the account to arrive with a single load of pure essence, slowing down the real money-making account substantially.

The fastest I've ever crafted Nature runes on OSRS is a rate of 4,000 per hour and that's with 91+ RC, a very high Agility/Mining/Thieving level. A new account running runes between the general store can at max do 500 per hour, and that's excluding waiting for the 'main account' to arrive & trade. So let's say you factor in the waiting and trading delay and somehow miraculously pull off 400 extra essence per hour with this "rune runner", that's an extra 800 runes crafter per hour, totaling 4,800 Nature runes per hour.
    I don't really count the abyss miniquest and few defense levels as investing too much time into an account. To me it'd be still fresh, but I understand how that got misunderstood. Either way, it's a butt load of geepees.

Thread Information