Thread: Tips on not getting banned?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Default Tips on not getting banned?

Hey guys, I have been using SRL - OSR for a while now and fortuity haven't been banned yet. But I know there is still the risk of it, what I was wondering is if anyone could give me some tips on reducing that risk. My account is usually running around 10-15 hours a day. 60% botting using color and reflection scripts, 40% doing quests and slayer (other legit activities). I usually only use //{$DEFINE SMART} to bot on the official client, but sometimes using S.M.A.R.T 8.3 is inevitable.

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips
    Please move this thread if I have posted in the wrong forum.

Alot of my account has been done legit, I have really only used bots for basic grindy skills not for goldfarming.
    Last edited by KingGriny; 12-09-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingGriny View Post
    Hey guys, I have been using SRL - OSR for a while now and fortuity haven't been banned yet. But I know there is still the risk of it, what I was wondering is if anyone could give me some tips on reducing that risk. My account is usually running around 10-15 hours a day. 60% botting using color and reflection scripts, 40% doing quests and slayer (other legit activities). I usually only use //{$DEFINE SMART} to bot on the official client, but sometimes using S.M.A.R.T 8.3 is inevitable.

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips
    Please move this thread if I have posted in the wrong forum.

Alot of my account has been done legit, I have really only used bots for basic grindy skills not for goldfarming.
    Hi!

In my opinion, the besr chance of not being banned is to have a decent script that is randomised/won't get stuck. Not botting too much is always a benefit, but you mentioned doing lots of legit stuff so you shouldn't worry too much. Most importantly, manual bans through reports seems like how most people are getting banned in OSRS.

You've come to the right place anyway, bans on color bots such as Simba are much lower than injection bots (powerbot etc.). If you're still concerned, maybe try to babysit the bot a few times to make sure it runs smoothly?
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Yeah I have been using Hoodz fighter at ghouls and I barely use 1 shark for 30 minutes of fighting so no need for banking. Also My pc is at my workplace and I can check up on my bot whenever but I haven't had any problems with it so far. Luckily I have never used any injection bots previously on this account so I shouldn't have a ban lined up. Will most likely do a quest on my break then switch over to the colour AIO Runecrafter to mix it up. This is good to mix it up?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingGriny View Post
    Yeah I have been using Hoodz fighter at ghouls and I barely use 1 shark for 30 minutes of fighting so no need for banking. Also My pc is at my workplace and I can check up on my bot whenever but I haven't had any problems with it so far. Luckily I have never used any injection bots previously on this account so I shouldn't have a ban lined up. Will most likely do a quest on my break then switch over to the colour AIO Runecrafter to mix it up. This is good to mix it up?
    By all means it should be fine -- I've been using a very basic enchanter script that I wrote non-stop for a week and it's been fine
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

The only way to prevent a ban is to not break the game rules. Don't use macroing software, and there is a 0% chance you will incur a ban.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Don't use macroing software, and there is a 0% chance you will incur a ban.
    Not true

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    Not true
    Don't use macroing software, and there is a 0% chance you will incur a ban for macroing.

GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

"My account is usually running around 10-15 hours a day" - this topic has been covered so many times; but i will throw in my 2 cents again.

firstly i suggest; get a noob account and bot it 15 hours a day until you get banned. Then you will know what not to do. (don't do this too many accs or you will get an IP flag an this causes a whole host of other problems)

I think ban rates are based on bot behavior. If you include quests, mini-games, bossing and your not a gold-farmer you can do 6-10 hours a day no problem providing your not doing the sam chore for 10 days straight and your bot doesn't bug out. mis-clicking the same things for 6 hours.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Don't use macroing software, and there is a 0% chance you will incur a ban for macroing.

there's a chance that you get hit w/ a false positive (under 0.01%, but still not 0% tsk tsk kb can't believe you're spreading false information like this man)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    there's a chance that you get hit w/ a false positive (under 0.01%, but still not 0% tsk tsk kb can't believe you're spreading false information like this man)
    Don't use macroing software, and there is a 0% chance you will incur a justified ban for macroing.

>.>

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Don't use macroing software, and there is a 0% chance you will incur a justified ban for macroing.

>.>
    What about if you do this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1GsnsxeCeM
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Don't use macroing software or hardware, and there is a 0% chance you will incur a justified ban for macroing.

technically a USB host controller is s type of software, but I'll play along

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

>.>
    hmm...
    depending on a persons definition of botting, 1:1 ahk could be considered not botting to them yet using it can result in a justified macroing ban (third party software)

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

hmm...
    depending on a persons definition of botting, 1:1 ahk could be considered not botting to them yet using it can result in a justified macroing ban (third party software)
    Actually, the person's definition doesn't/shouldn't matter in the slightest, it's Jagex's definition that matters.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Actually, the person's definition doesn't/shouldn't matter in the slightest, it's Jagex's definition that matters.
    Jagex's definition by itself isn't what truly matters, if that was true then their definition of rule breaking third party programs would result in well over half of the current rs07 userbase being banned for using osbuddy http://services.runescape.com/m=rswi...party_software

spoiler

I think we've derailed this thread enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

After botting for over 7 years , and having nurmoues accounts banned ,
    and used almost every bot there's been here's what I learnt.

1)
    no matter how careful your be ,your mostly like get caught at some point

2)
    Don't bot on fresh accounts

3)
    Don't bot obvious places yew trees etc

4)
    If using fighting bots make sure your not jumping peoples monsters, there most likely report you if don't reply.

5)
    Don't get greedy and bot more then 3-4 hours a day if your really paranoid.!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/YoHoJoSRL
    Good scripting guides on youtube
    Formerly known as (djcheater)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Jagex's definition by itself isn't what truly matters, if that was true then their definition of rule breaking third party programs would result in well over half of the current rs07 userbase being banned for using osbuddy http://services.runescape.com/m=rswi...party_software

spoiler

I think we've derailed this thread enough
    Based on this I think you're more than safe using reflection on OSRS
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anth_ View Post
    Based on this I think you're more than safe using reflection on OSRS
    I haven't really done anything osrs since my last scripting homie from villavu became too busy irl, but yes, in my experience reflection on osrs is extremely safe (in that the bans are due first & foremost to script quality, rather than client detection or any other factors).

Thread Information