Thread: "updater scripts"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Default "updater scripts"

Hi, i have a problem when i want to run a script that uses a updater/ downloads the script from somewhere.
    There is always a error when i try to run it. Like scripts from ross for example (not only his). any ways to fix this?
    -ty

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

You'd look at the source code and see where it's trying to update from, usually that's where the issue lies.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

If the whole script uses an updater, just change the version number if it gives you an error. Just look in the code where it uses the updater and it will say something like
    Simba Code:
    (if VersionNumber < 3.4) then
    Look at the top of the script in the const box for VersionNumber then and if it's not there, it is likely in the mainloop. Change the VersionNumber to whatever the number it would be looking for (ie. 3.4 if script is looking for 3.4).

If it is a script that uses a smaller script to download the big script, just look for the url in the updater and see if the link is broken. He may have deleted older versions of the script which the url is connects to.
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

okay i tried the wilderness agility script. I have downloaded it manualy from github, but i get this error when i run the script itself: Error: "" is an invalid float at line 539
    Execution failed.
    The following bitmaps were not freed: [Minimap Mask]
    I looked for another script that uses an updater for example the honeycomb looter:
    Compiled successfully in 594 ms.
    Checking for latest version...
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang=en>
    <meta charset=utf-8>
    <meta name=viewport content="initial-scale=1, minimum-scale=1, width=device-width">
    <title>Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</title>
    <style>
    *{margin:0;padding:0}html,code{font:15px/22px arial,sans-serif}html{background:#fff;color:#222;padding:15px }body{margin:7% auto 0;max-width:390px;min-height:180px;padding:30px 0 15px}* > body{background:url(//www.google.com/images/errors/robot.png) 100% 5px no-repeat;padding-right:205px}p{margin:11px 0 22px;overflow:hidden}ins{color:#777;text-decoration:none}a img{border:0}@media screen and (max-width:772px){body{background:none;margin-top:0;max-width:none;padding-right:0}}#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/1x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) no-repeat;margin-left:-5px}@media only screen and (min-resolution:192dpi){#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) no-repeat 0% 0%/100% 100%;-moz-border-image:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) 0}}@media only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio:2){#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) no-repeat;-webkit-background-size:100% 100%}}#logo{display:inline-block;height:54px;width:150px}
    </style>
    <a href=//www.google.com/><span id=logo aria-label=Google></span></a>
    <p><b>404.</b> <ins>That’s an error.</ins>
    <p>The requested URL <code>/git/CurrentVersion.txt</code> was not found on this server. <ins>That’s all we know.</ins>

Newer Version Found!
    Autoupdating to newer version...
    ReWriteFile - Exception. Could not create file: C:\Users\myname\Downloads\HoneyComb <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang=en>
    <meta charset=utf-8>
    <meta name=viewport content="initial-scale=1, minimum-scale=1, width=device-width">
    <style>
    *{margin:0;padding:0}html,code{font:15px/22px arial,sans-serif}html{background:#fff;color:#222;padding:15px }body{margin:7% auto 0;max-width:390px;min-height:180px;padding:30px 0 15px}* > body{background:url(//www.google.com/images/errors/robot.png) 100% 5px no-repeat;padding-right:205px}p{margin:11px 0 22px;overflow:hidden}ins{color:#777;text-decoration:none}a img{border:0}@media screen and (max-width:772px){body{background:none;margin-top:0;max-width:none;padding-right:0}}#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/1x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) no-repeat;margin-left:-5px}@media only screen and (min-resolution:192dpi){#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) no-repeat 0% 0%/100% 100%;-moz-border-image:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) 0}}@media only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio:2){#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) no-repeat;-webkit-background-size:100% 100%}}#logo{display:inline-block;height:54px;width:150px}
    </style>
    <p>The requested URL <code>/git/CurrentVersion.txt</code> was not found on this server. <ins>That’s all we know.</ins>
    .simba
    Fatal error writing to C:\Users\myname\Downloads\HoneyComb <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang=en>
    <meta charset=utf-8>
    <style>
    </style>
    .simba!!
    Successfully executed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    Paste the error code from the debug box into the thread so we can better help you.
    added

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by panpetter111 View Post
    added
    The files your script is trying to retrieve doesn't exist anymore. Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by superuser View Post
    The files your script is trying to retrieve doesn't exist anymore. Sorry.
    Even the Wilderness agility?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

mxtrix' honeycomb script likely didnt work due to google code shutting down.
    fady's wilderness agility didnt work because the proxy is not working. The proxy is used due to getPage() not being able to read https links by default & github forcing https. Pretty neat idea @Frement; Just now made my own proxy modeled after yours incase it's ever needed.

this was where simba told you the float error was:

It's the non-functioning proxy again! What's the script trying to access?

okay then let's just give it what it should be getting from getPage(), a string of 1.1

Boom, SMART loads and it'll probably try to go about doing whatever it's coded to do. Wouldn't be surprised if it messes up ingame, as it hasn't been updated whatsoever in over 2 years, though I also wouldn't be surprised if it actually works if the area hasn't changed graphically.

p.s I highly recommend not looking at this community for public scripts to just leech. The best public threads are in the scripting guides section, as this is an open source learning-oriented community, knowing how to write scripts (for yourself or in collaboration with others) is imo the only way you'd find botting success here. + you'd be getting beginner programming experience, which can be a very valuable thing longterm.
    Great guide for general simba scripting basics here: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58935 (everything down to the "Putting it all Together" section)
    Great guide for srl6/color finding basics here: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107757

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Okay. I see, thanks for answers

Thread Information