Thread: Need help with ms grid for an osrs chin bot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Default Need help with ms grid for an osrs chin bot

Hi, I would need someone nice enough to help me implement something like this "https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72965" in Aerolib. I would like to know basically how a msgrid works, how I can interact with it and such. It's for a red chinchompa bot.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Nobody can really help you make this without writing the whole script for you

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Do you honestly see no issue with writing a help request post that says nothing other than "ms grid" and "pls help?"

If so, that's a problem and you should refer to rj's post.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Yea, then how can I learn how an MS grid system works?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Well, there's no guide for making a MS grid... How can I understand how it works?

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wedmarco View Post
    Well, there's no guide for making a MS grid... How can I understand how it works?
    Math, but you wont have much luck with it in OSR since the mainscreen shifts so much.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Math, but you wont have much luck with it in OSR since the mainscreen shifts so much.
    I think you mean the minimap.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    Nope, the mainscreen offset? remember the player isn't in the exact middle? You can't create a static tile grid in OSR.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

You don't know how a grid works? Because that's really all it would be, a cartesian plane. It's the same concept as any other grid, but used for walkable squares in the game that can be seen from the mainscreen.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    Nope, the mainscreen offset? remember the player isn't in the exact middle? You can't create a static tile grid in OSR.
    they both change. also they zoom in/out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

I know how a grid works lol, I dont know how to program one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

then is it possible to make a chincompa bot or naw

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

You might be able to implement an already made grid system, though I have no idea if they are still working and about other factors.
    If you aren't implementing grid system then it will be hard.¨
    Haven't attempted myself and don't think I will be.

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

then is it possible to make a chincompa bot or naw
    Yes but it's not just something you can learn from tutorials.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

That sucks

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodz View Post
    they both change. also they zoom in/out.
    I was not familiar with any scaling of the mainscreen, I've had dozen of images from one location taken over several days without seeing any scaling, iirc.
    The mainscreen doesn't offset relatively to the MM? I recall "rotation" in the mainscreen.

Edit.. I see now that the offsets are quite large, much larger then what I remembered.
    Last edited by slacky; 10-17-2015 at 01:50 AM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

That sucks
    It's the way it is. Not everything is spelled out for you in a tutorial -- a lot of advanced programming concepts can't be taught, rather they result from the happy culmination of a large amount of general knowledge.

Here's the bottom line: if you are not learning programming for the sake of learning, you will inevitably fail.

If you wish to learn how to program solely to accomplish a single task (in this case, creating a RuneScape script) then you will always struggle because you are not learning programming fundamentals or anything meaningful, rather you are only learning how to perform basic scripting for a use case that is incredibly specialized.

The result of this is that once you are forced outside of your comfort zone (read: once the includes cease to hold your hand in regards to your current task) you are completely stuck and haven't the faintest idea of what to do.

It's comparative to learning to read. We start out with Dr. Seuss, and then we move to chapter books with pictures. Eventually, we graduate to books with very small print and no pictures at all.

Applying this analogy to your specific situation: you have learned to read only with the illustrated chapter books, and as a result, possess neither the fundamentals learned from Dr. Seuss, nor the ability to absorb the advanced knowledge of the small-print novels.

You're stranded in the middle ground -- not quite clueless, but not quite competent, either.

The solution to this issue is to learn to program for programming's sake. Take a class or two at your local community college, or anywhere you can find them offered. Introduction to CS, Computer Science, is what you're looking for.

Learn to crawl before you walk, walk before you run, run before you sprint, and sprint before you fly -- because as it stands now, you're trying to run without knowing how to walk. And that just won't work.
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 10-17-2015 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Yea I know what you mean, but how can someone guess how ms grids work if there are no references of it nowhere...

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Yea I know what you mean, but how can someone guess how ms grids work if there are no references of it nowhere...
    You'd know exactly how a grid system works if you'd, like I just explained, learned to walk before running.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

By understanding "basic" maths (projection is just math - they often go through this at school), and implement it by understanding programming.

Anyways as said above.. if you actually learn programming you'd pretty much be able to write a static-ish "grid system" without using (fancy) maths, not that it would work well as the viewport does change way too much, same with the minimap, which rotates, and scales way too much..

Like by learning programming, exploring different things, you can combine what you have learned in order to create what you need.
    Last edited by slacky; 10-17-2015 at 02:08 AM.

Thread Information