Thread: Applying for member

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Default Applying for member

Not that I am applying or intend to anytime soon, but do you all only take scripts made with SRL-6 or could we provide something with OGL?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit
    Q: What if it is not an RS script?
    A: Judge it as another kind of script. If you think the script is not complex enought then vote according to your thoughts. RS scripts are the usual in applications, but not a must.

Q: What if it is not a Simba Script?
    A: A simba script is a must for SRL Members, as this is a group for those who have shown proficiency in simba scripting.
    Sauce: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74195

Your script doesn't even have to be for RuneScape, but it must be for Simba. It matters not which library or include you write under.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post

Your script doesn't even have to be for RuneScape, but it must be for Simba. It matters not which library or include you write under.
    This may be an "official" stance but you'll find that you have many less roadblocks in voting when you apply with an SRL-6 script. You may use Aerolib, but people will complain. Using the perceived "easier" methods such as reflection and OGL will require more work on your part, because you will be expected to do more with a script than if you use color only.

Basic guidelines I look at are:

1) Have you submitted a script that shows you understand scripting using Simba (and preferably SRL)?
    2) Are you a nice person who I would like to represent the forums as an SRL Member?
    3) Are you relatively active and helpful on the forums?

Other people will have other priorities, but basically I just want to know that you can script and you're a good person.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Like Garrett said, some people won't be happy unless you demonstrate mastery of the official include. A lot of people might not be familiar enough with OGL to know if you're script is written 'correctly.'
    From what I can tell you're actively contributing and have a good attitude, so with a really solid script you'd have all your bases covered.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post

Thanks everyone for the responses!

Thread Information