Thread: Most challenging aspects of using color?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

Default Most challenging aspects of using color?

Hey guys,

I love reflection and all but I wanted to know your guys experience with what is the most challenging things that color faces? I haven't scripted in color for quite some time but I was interested to know from people who do.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Getting @slacky; to write all my code. Once that's figured out it's pretty easy.

One of the biggest "challenges" compared to reflection is simply the time spent figuring out how you should find something. e.g. something that's on the mainscreen can sometimes be pretty tricky to find perfectly every time with color, whereas with reflection it could be as simple as mouse(itemid, left click that thang);

As for challenging, without an include like rswalker/sps walking would likely be pretty time consuming. Probably more so before the recent update that people are saying has made the minimap more static/reliable.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

IMO... animation, facing direction, camera pitch, precise tile position and accurately converting minimap tiles to the mainscreen X/Y/Z vector. All of which are possible (or we as players could not visually interact with the game), only complex and time-consuming, especially compared to the easier, near same yield alternatives. But is that not what makes working with color-only based script so attractive; the challenge?

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Thread Information