Thread: Measures after a ban

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Default Measures after a ban

What measures should be taken after a ban to ensure you're not tracked?
    Examples MAC address changing, fresh cache, new IP
    hi it me

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

just a new ip, delete jagex cache, dont use same bank card,...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Calluminati View Post
    MAC address changing
    Literally impossible AFAIK without changing hardware. Most you can do is spoof it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    Literally impossible AFAIK without changing hardware. Most you can do is spoof it.
    What I meant, was just wondering if this was viable and what other methods people use
    hi it me

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

There is no evidence to suggest that Jagex bans on basis of IP address. It's a really bad idea to do so, because IP addresses can be dynamic, meaning you'll run into conflicts at some point -- whether that be a legit player being banned after their ISP leases them a botter's former IP, or a botter being able to evade IP bans by simply rebooting their router.

I firmly believe that Jagex does not ban by IP. It's just not a practical thing to do.

You cannot change a MAC address or a hardware ID with any degree of persistence. You could continually spoof them if you're paranoid though.

I would advocate purging your Jagex cache and reconsidering the script you use, perhaps modifying it a bit to make it different from others (if it's public) or experimenting with different types of antiban/anti-pattern.

Also experiment with different "play"styles, e.g. level up some of your bots' irrelevant skills, run quests with them every once in a while, rotate them around on a varied schedule, buy them membership once or twice, etc...
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 03-08-2016 at 08:48 PM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Echoing what @KeepBotting said, I'd recommend modifying the script. Being banned suggests that BotWatch has a profile of your script's particular behavior. You should do everything possible to create a new behavior pattern.

I take this approach as well when using/releasing any public script. If I've released a script, I have my own private version with altered behavior. If I'm using a public script, I modify it's behavior slightly. A lot of leechers just download and run...who knows how hard they are suiciding the script on multiple accounts? You don't want to be associated with that behavior profile.

I've never bothered with IP/cache/MAC address, but I've also never been banned so I'm not in a position to say whether it's useless or helpful. Deleting cache seems like a reasonable step. They store a lot of random account information in there, and that could include botting flags. It seems extreme for them to be comparing credit cards unless your card is funding 50+ hardcore gold farm accounts and they are doing a manual investigation into your army.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    Echoing what @KeepBotting said, I'd recommend modifying the script. Being banned suggests that BotWatch has a profile of your script's particular behavior. You should do everything possible to create a new behavior pattern.

I take this approach as well when using/releasing any public script. If I've released a script, I have my own private version with altered behavior. If I'm using a public script, I modify it's behavior slightly. A lot of leechers just download and run...who knows how hard they are suiciding the script on multiple accounts? You don't want to be associated with that behavior profile.

I've never bothered with IP/cache/MAC address, but I've also never been banned so I'm not in a position to say whether it's useless or helpful. Deleting cache seems like a reasonable step. They store a lot of random account information in there, and that could include botting flags. It seems extreme for them to be comparing credit cards unless your card is funding 50+ hardcore gold farm accounts and they are doing a manual investigation into your army.
    I guess that makes sense, I had never been banned before either however I got banned on 2 accounts, one about 20 hours after this first one was banned, using separate scripts, but on the same laptop/ip; maybe it's just bad luck/poor timing but either way I've taken a few steps to ensure it'd be a little harder to track. Also for the record the first account was a private-ish script and the second was public running relatively high hours. Gonna just go with me being dumb and not being cautious about my botting and start fresh.
    hi it me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

I belive they check the simultaneous connections from the same IP once you get caught, especially if it came from a player report, so a mod do the overview of your situation. If I would care about bans, I would use virtual machines (with vmware) where you can pretty much can configure almost any aspect of the virtualized system, so each botting client would have different enviroment.
    Everything is achievable!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Best thing to do after a ban is to stop using the script for at least a couple days or to do what Clarity said and to change the behaviour of the script

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

They have so many tracking features in place for hours logged and exp gain it is scary.

Here are my measures:
    I've switched the way I bot around for a slower but sure pace that is much more realistic. I take prime time Fridays and Saturdays off occasionally as if I'm hitting the bar, while imitating a real human's play schedule. So I pretend to sleep in on weekends before botting and log out for meal times, etc.

I definitely heavily modify all the common scripts like KeepBotting's lovely fisher or the bonsaiFighter. Lol set the fighter up to auto heal with recuperate instead of using food. Add in some random key press to simulate accidental key strokes for auto bans etc. And of course I've added more waiting/afking even though it drops the efficiency by probably 25%.

Don't let a ban stop you from botting, just get smarter and allow your patience to grow

Thread Information