Thread: [RS] In save mode [SMART]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Default [RS] In save mode [SMART]

Would like to setup typing bots in save mode would this be possible?

(Cuz 3 = limit)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

What is save mode? Do you mean safe mode? If so you can just load smart without the ogl or directx plugins but SRL-6 wont work.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    What is save mode? Do you mean safe mode? If so you can just load smart without the ogl or directx plugins but SRL-6 wont work.
    MMmm, yeah is the somthing simular to SRL-6

For safe mode for example: Logging in + entering world?

Does smart even work w/o srl6?
    Last edited by ImNotSatan; 01-18-2016 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotSatan View Post
    Does smart even work w/o srl6?
    Yes it does. But I don't really feel like helping you setup your army of spammers/phishers/scammers. I doubt anyone else will either, considering there is no legitimate use for what you're asking for.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    Yes it does. But I don't really feel like helping you setup your army of spammers/phishers/scammers. I doubt anyone else will either, considering there is no legitimate use for what you're asking for.
    How you came to have three green squares is beyond me

OP: There is nothing like SRL-6 that will work in safe mode, as SRL-6 was written with one of the two hardware graphics modes in mind: OpenGL or Direct-X

If you're looking to circumvent the limit of clients that can be loaded (you say it's three, though in my experience it's been four) check this thread out: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109112

I believe it contains the solution to your problem. There's no need to fall back on safe mode.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post

OP: There is nothing like SRL-6 that will work in safe mode, as SRL-6 was written with one of the two hardware graphics modes in mind: OpenGL or Direct-X

If you're looking to circumvent the limit of clients that can be loaded (you say it's three, though in my experience it's been four) check this thread out: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109112

I believe it contains the solution to your problem. There's no need to fall back on safe mode.
    You mean how he upholds the values that villavu started with? That might be why...
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

typing bots
    There's not many moralic things you can do with typing bots.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    You mean how he upholds the values that villavu started with? That might be why...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    There's not many moralic things you can do with typing bots.
    Since when do we expressly condemn the use of autotypers? I realize they're annoying but that's no reason to refuse help.

If it's not OP spamming today, it's just somebody else spamming tomorrow...
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

I came to have "three green squares" (lol) because I actually know what I'm talking about. Go ahead and look through my posts, I'm more than happy to help absolutely anyone as long as their intentions are not malicious. I don't think that's much to ask.

Secondly, I really don't understand your complete hypocrisy. You get fumed up that I didn't help him, and then tell him that SRL won't work with safe mode? Wat m8? Of course it will!

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Keep it on topic guys...

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Then tell him that SRL won't work with safe mode? Wat m8? Of course it will!
    It (SRL-6) actually won't work in safe-mode. That mode was abolished a few years back when it was decided that OpenGL and Direct-X modes will be the new thing. We thought about what would actually happen if they removed safe-mode (don't think NXT will have safe-mode, but let's see). The transition happened when Safe-Mode got messed up with all sorts of weird glitches and then Jagex also added this bar at the top of the client. Then they decided to fix safe mode and break OpenGL for a short period of time (zoom glitch) so Direct-X was used. Now we have OpenGL and Direct-X, but didn't go back to safe-mode.
    Last edited by Brandon; 01-19-2016 at 02:00 PM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

SRL won't work with safe mode? Wat m8? Of course it will!
    I actually know what I'm talking about.
    That's a bit oxymoronic, and there's evidence to the contrary. Brandon's post is accurate.

If you don't have something nice to say, please refrain from posting at all. Not helping a user is perfectly alright, but posting inflammatory/insulting remarks and blindly suggesting that he has malicious intentions is really not.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    It (SRL-6) actually won't work in safe-mode. That mode was abolished a few years back when it was decided that OpenGL and Direct-X modes will be the new thing.
    You'll have to forgive me, but I just don't think that's true. Perhaps SMART won't load safe-mode? Well, it does, because for ages it would kick me into safe mode automatically (so glad that stopped). Otherwise there is still the browser client.

I get that (for example) attempting to open a bank would need to be rewritten for safe-mode, but how would the OPs needs not be met? For example, TypeSend(text,enter) is really just an extension of Simba's SendKeys which will work with any client...

Unless I'm somehow missing what you mean.

That's a bit oxymoronic, and there's evidence to the contrary. Brandon's post is accurate.

If you don't have something nice to say, please refrain from posting at all. Not helping a user is perfectly alright, but posting inflammatory/insulting remarks and blindly suggesting that he has malicious intentions is really not.
    You're cute.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

You'll have to forgive me, but I just don't think that's true. Perhaps SMART won't load safe-mode? Well, it does, because for ages it would kick me into safe mode automatically (so glad that stopped). Otherwise there is still the browser client.

I get that (for example) attempting to open a bank would need to be rewritten for safe-mode, but how would the OPs needs not be met? For example, TypeSend(text,enter) is really just an extension of Simba's SendKeys which will work with any client...

You're cute.
    And you're insufferable...

SRL-6, the include written for interaction with RuneScape will not work in safe mode. All of the colors are different.

Functions that are color-agnostic such as SendKeys will still work, but that is a tiny component of the entire include. The rest of it won't function properly.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

And you're insufferable...

SRL-6, the include written for interaction with RuneScape will not work in safe mode. All of the colors are different.

Functions that are color-agnostic such as SendKeys will still work, but that is a tiny component of the entire include. The rest of it won't function properly.
    Hey bud! Guess what!?

Would like to setup typing bots in save mode would this be possible?
    Functions that are color-agnostic such as SendKeys will still work
    Ohhhh I totally get what you mean now. Clearly OPs needs can't be met. How could I be so silly.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Hey bud! Guess what!?

Ohhhh I totally get what you mean now. Clearly OPs needs can't be met. How could I be so silly.
    They can't ... you missed the part where SendKeys TypeSend is a miniscule part of an include, the rest of which won't work.

You're not seeing the big picture, SendKeys TypeSend will work but anything involving color won't. What happens when IsLoggedIn returns false and the script terminates? What happens when SRL-6 can't even log the player in because the login screen's colors are different?

The one single component that technically works, will be rendered useless

How is this so hard to grasp
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 01-20-2016 at 02:26 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

They can't ... you missed the part where SendKeys is a miniscule part of an include, the rest of which won't work.

You're not seeing the big picture, SendKeys will work but anything involving color won't. What happens when IsLoggedIn returns false and the script terminates? What happens when SRL-6 can't even log the player in because the login screen's colors are different?

The one single component that technically works, will be rendered useless

How is this so hard to grasp
    You literally don't get it.

First of all, obviously SendKeys will work. It is built into Simba, not SRL. I believe the function you are looking for is TypeSend. Secondly, the beauty of safe-mode is all button locations are static. Login would be super simple. Yes, many things won't work, and IsLoggedIn could very well return false...so don't call it. But literally everything the op asked for is possible to do, in safe-mode, with SRL.

Is it ideal? Of course not. I'd much sooner just use Simba's core functions and ditch SRL all together for this task. BUT - if you remember, I was pointing out your hypocrisy. You got mad because I didn't help him, then contributed absolutely zero help to him other than linking to a resource he didn't even ask about.

He asked: Is it possible to run auto-typers in safe-mode?
    The answer: YES

He asked: Can SRL be used in safe-mode
    The answer: YES (with limited functionality)

This wasn't about me telling this guy how to do it, I already told him I wouldn't help. This wasn't even about me saying SRL in safe-mode is a good idea. It was about making you look like an idiot. A task I feel well and easily accomplished.

Now can we please get this back on topic like Justin requested? If anyone feels like helping the OP now would be the time.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

*cough* @BMWxi; (or whoever else) safe/software mode srl-6.

But anyway, run them on different user accounts and bam. done.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

He asked: Can SRL be used in safe-mode
    I don't normally get among these sort of discussions, but advising the use of SRL-6 with safemode, even for an in-game spamming script is not a good idea, especially for a newbie:

Will it recognize the login screen? Nope.
    That's OK, just login and start the script. Will it recognise you are logged in? Nope.
    That's OK, just don't call isLoggedIn() and it will be fine. Nope, setupSRL() will hang as isClientReady() checks the above two things.

Without modifications to the include itself, a script won't even get passed setupSRL(). It's better to ditch SRL-6 altogether, login to the game, and write a 10 line auto-typer.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

@ImNotSatan; You can setup typing bots just fine with Safe-Mode. You just won't be doing it using SRL-6. You'd be using the raw Simba built-in API's. You might use SRL-6 to load SMART but that's about it. You'd have to get rid of the login checks. You have to write your own functions to interact with the chat box or options.

He asked: Can SRL SMART be used in safe-mode

The answer (SMART): YES.
    The answer (SRL-Colour functions): NO. It actually won't work at all. You will literally have to change every single colour function. And because of that, even the logic might have to change. Safe mode colours are more clustered than OpenGL colours. Meaning.. you can find a bunch of similar colours close together in safe mode but in OpenGL you won't. In Direct-X black has completely different RGB values from OpenGL which is different from Safe-Mode (IE: Mini-Map). Safe-mode's colours are more bland/plain and don't blend or smooth/shade (phong shading?) as much.

If it was a few simple colour changes, then the switch from Safe-Mode to OpenGL includes would not have required an entire re-write of the include + a version bump from SRL-5 to SRL-6.
    Last edited by Brandon; 01-20-2016 at 02:21 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

You're cute.
    @KeepBotting; and @Brandon; are technically right, SRL6 does not work in safemode (even for something as simple as spammers or whatever OP wants). However, if you look into the reason it doesn't work you'll see that it's an easy fix.

OpenGL and DirectX have all different colours than safemode (except for one colour of black I think, @Olly; has a screenshot somewhere with a comparison) which means that every colour that SRL6 uses needs to be changed to get everything working. However, if you don't need everything to work there are only a couple colours that you need to change. In order of importance: Colour that is used to detect whether SMART has loaded (main barrier), colours needed to login. After that, you only need to fix what you want to use. For a spammer, that's probably nothing else.

So once these are changed you are on your way to having a fully working SRL6-safemode include.

TLDR: @bank; you're right there's nothing inherent about SRL6 that means it can't be used in safemode, it's just that nobody (officially) has modified the needed colours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    *cough* @BMWxi; (or whoever else) safe/software mode srl-6.

But anyway, run them on different user accounts and bam. done.
    Thanks for the notification

Thread Information