Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cryptocurrencies discussion

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Default Cryptocurrencies discussion

Hey all,

Anyone mining/investing in any of the latest cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum / Dash / Monero?

I made a bit of cash investing quite early in Monero

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

@anth_;
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Not heard of Dash. But i'm pretty certain Ethereum will increase in value same as Monero did. Monero was added to one of the largest darknet sites (Alphabay) when it spurted in value. Alphabay is also adding support for Ethereum so you can almost guarantee that it'll increase too.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kave View Post
    Hey all,

Anyone mining/investing in any of the latest cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum / Dash / Monero?

I made a bit of cash investing quite early in Monero
    Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    Hehe. Monero is a solid bet, it's got solid crypto and a non-toxic community. I've been following it since ~2015 when they were 30p each and they're now over 15 quid (GBP) each! I'd steer clear of ethereum since the DAO got hacked a while back; same with dash -- I haven't looked into it personally but from what I've read some see it as a sham. I don't know personally, but it might be worth reading up on.

Anyway, XMR seems solid, I hang out on the IRC quite a lot and the core devs are good people
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Oh yeah, and I was reading on bitcointalk a couple of weeks back - NEM/XEM and Iconomi had high hopes -- although I've also being looking into Lisk. It's like the wild-west though
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Worth looking into Stratis for investment, seems to have had a pretty good growth trend
    Last edited by slacky; 03-27-2017 at 03:31 AM.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

How often do people actually use bitcoin as a currency they hold other than a investment or to spend immediately?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

People who fall for the alternative currency meme do quite frequently
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    How often do people actually use bitcoin as a currency they hold other than a investment or to spend immediately?
    Only times I do is due to laziness.

I really dislike the instability that's currently associated with crypto-currencies, speaking in terms of wanting to use it as a medium of exchange like USD that I can hold in reserve, even though it's usually/always been to my own slight profit in practice thus far.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    I've only ever spent them immediately. The first time I bought around 25 bitcoins. I remember thinking that $3 for a virtual coin seemed like a lot

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    Worth looking into Stratis for investment, seems to have had a pretty good growth trend
    Any reason why it's just shot up over the past week? Cheers for the info anyway! (In GBP)

2017-03-27-163633_1090x370_scrot.png

EDIT: Random speculations on reddit too: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurre...ars_portfolio/
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Jumped in/out/in/out on monero at all the right times. Gotta love how unstable it is

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bago47 View Post
    Jumped in/out/in/out on monero at all the right times. Gotta love how unstable it is
    Good stuff! I still have a fried SSD that has 200 XMR on :/ (Back stuff up I guess!)
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a some portion of a bitcoin somewhere from a long time ago and I don't even remember how to find it lol

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anth_ View Post
    Hehe. Monero is a solid bet, it's got solid crypto and a non-toxic community. I've been following it since ~2015 when they were 30p each and they're now over 15 quid (GBP) each! I'd steer clear of ethereum since the DAO got hacked a while back; same with dash -- I haven't looked into it personally but from what I've read some see it as a sham. I don't know personally, but it might be worth reading up on.

Anyway, XMR seems solid, I hang out on the IRC quite a lot and the core devs are good people
    Quote Originally Posted by anth_ View Post
    Oh yeah, and I was reading on bitcointalk a couple of weeks back - NEM/XEM and Iconomi had high hopes -- although I've also being looking into Lisk. It's like the wild-west though
    Yep Dash to me always seemed like a pump and dump.

Glad to hear about the developers. I feel XMR is what Bitcoin was thought to be by most people (anonymous) but due to the blockchain it isn't really that way.. Bitcoin development seems to have some internal disputes on the way forward so I'm hoping Bitcoin users starts to trickle down into altcoins so I'm holding my XMR There was also the issue of Bitcoin crackdown in China.. LTC definitely saw a price increase due to the announcement of SegWit.

I think Lisk is a good altcoin as well. The altcoins I'm watching closely at the moment are ETH, XMR & SC (SIACOIN).

I also think ETH will see an increase of usage/value with the development of the raiden network.

I'll keep an eye on it

Quote Originally Posted by Bago47 View Post
    Hopefully just short-term instability - has been sitting around the 20$ for a little while now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kave View Post
    Yep Dash to me always seemed like a pump and dump.

Glad to hear about the developers. I feel XMR is what Bitcoin was thought to be by most people (anonymous) but due to the blockchain it isn't really that way.. Bitcoin development seems to have some internal disputes on the way forward so I'm hoping Bitcoin users starts to trickle down into altcoins so I'm holding my XMR There was also the issue of Bitcoin crackdown in China.. LTC definitely saw a price increase due to the announcement of SegWit.

I think Lisk is a good altcoin as well. The altcoins I'm watching closely at the moment are ETH, XMR & SC (SIACOIN).

I also think ETH will see an increase of usage/value with the development of the raiden network.

I'll keep an eye on it

Hopefully just short-term instability - has been sitting around the 20$ for a little while now.
    Sorry the late reply, had a hectic week. Yeah -- lisk looks decent if it takes off. XMR dropped a bit and has risen as well to ~20GBP!
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I got a question, what do you guys think is the next cyrpto to invest in? That can still shoot up 100x????? Tell meeee

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOsrsplayer View Post
    I got a question, what do you guys think is the next cyrpto to invest in? That can still shoot up 100x????? Tell meeee
    Undoubtedly, Ethereum.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOsrsplayer View Post
    That is very hard to predict. @Kasi; says Etherum, I am not so sure about that, somewhat doubt it. It competes in a market where a tens of other wellknown crypto-currencies also compete, along with Etherum Classic. Stratis however is quite different from the rest, so it wont compete in the same way which makes it more likely to grow individually, however 100x, that's A LOT, specially since it has already since september grown more than 100x.

But surely there is good room for growth in several crypto-currencies.. But as a currency grows larger growth will be slower, and Etherum is already quite big, quite close to the size of Bitcoin now.
    Last edited by slacky; 05-26-2017 at 08:10 AM.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

What established cryptocurrency would rise 100x anyways? I interpreted it as a figure of speech.

Stratis uses a centralized model like Bitcoin. Ethereum is decentralized and waaay more community based. Stratis really doesn't offer more than Ethereum.
    @slacky; What are Stratis' main differences? when you say it is quite different from the rest?

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    What established cryptocurrency would rise 100x anyways? I interpreted it as a figure of speech.

Stratis uses a centralized model like Bitcoin. Ethereum is decentralized and waaay more community based. Stratis really doesn't offer more than Ethereum.
    @slacky; What are Stratis' main differences? when you say it is quite different from the rest?
    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1512202.0 - So basically their target audience is what separates it.
    Last edited by slacky; 05-26-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1512202.0 - So basically their target audience is what separates it.
    Because it's developed for businesses using c#?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Some crazy drops in the past 24 hours..

Pretty amusing to see USDT which is supposed to be pegged at $1.00 at $1.07

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Bought 867151 SIA @ $0.0061 going to hold while monitoring project progress on slack.

Hoping it hits around 0.03$ at the end of this year but this is definitely a long term hold for me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

@slacky I wish that I stocked up on some STRAT not doing so bad though myself!

3333.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information