Thread: Switching to Simba from another client

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Switching to Simba from another client

Hello, new potential user here. I've been using Tribot for OSRS scripting and I've gotten annoyed with the closed source nature of the client. I'm interested in Simba because it's (purely?) a color client which in theory means it has a ridiculously low banrate.

I've heard success stories where people have suicided accounts for 5-6 months without bans but they're all from 2010-2013 and I'm wondering if that's still common or reasonable to expect.

I'm also worried that the functionality of Simba will be limited since it's only a color client and won't be able to do things like complex camera movements using the middle mouse button. I'm also used to Java's utilities and am hoping I can still do things like pull data from webpages, create GUIs, and use multithreading.
    Last edited by DragonDrop; 08-07-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

@DragonDrop,

In my experience Simba is pretty good when it comes to bans; but a few things that people do to lower ban rates. The first of the top of my head is to write your own scripts (well-coded, properly randomised ones!), next would be to use the official RS client instead of SMART (although I and plenty of others don't), and to stick to less than ~15 hours a day (and use breaks!).

Simba can use reflection for OSRS as well, we're going through a bit of a rocky period at the moment since the previous maintainer is busy, but some other people have stepped up: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117565

Doing complex camera movements shouldn't be a problem either!
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

have you noticed less bans with the official client?

Thread Information