Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setting up Simba on Linux (Wine)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Hi Mike408. I am not sure what is causing your issue. Are you sure you have the correct java path set for SMART? Are there any other messages printed in the debug while SMART is attempting to setup? Also, what version of Simba are you using? The newest Simba 1.3 is compatible with Linux, so you should not need to run it in WINE. It is available here: https://github.com/MerlijnWajer/Simb.../autobuild-348

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

So I upgraded Simba to 1.3 and it compiles the script, but how can I set the SMART java path? I haven't seen this on any guides so far.
    Edit: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I got the wine variable pointing to my JRE, and confirmed it with
    wine java -version
    , except I cannot load SMART still.
    I followed this guide, which was actually very helpful

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike408 View Post
    So I upgraded Simba to 1.3 and it compiles the script, but how can I set the SMART java path? I haven't seen this on any guides so far.
    Edit: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I got the wine variable pointing to my JRE, and confirmed it with , except I cannot load SMART still.
    I followed this guide, which was actually very helpful
    Hi,

I'm trying to remember how to set it via WINE; from what I remember it was in the WINE control panel -- setting it should be similar to windows (find the environmental variables, and just add the java path to it. It's weird though, I did try using Simba on WINE a few weeks back and it worked fine (which is not to say that you haven't got a problem ). Is everything 32bit?

If you can live without AeroLib, Simba 1.3 runs well enough on Linux with SRL.

AeroLib doesn't work (whether this is due to dlls being used - I'm not sure if you can compile them to .so counterparts on Linux -- I haven't tried!) but at this point I feel that it is a bit of a problem since it's been unmaintained for a year or two now, with certain people chucking band-aids on it (Looking at you @Dan the man).

I'd highly recommend SRL if you're interested in scripting. If not, I'll try my best to help you but I'm not quite sure what the problem is.

My first guess would be missing libs (winbind being the first, it's often part of samba). If you're using a 32bit WINE as recommended in this guide, check that the 32bit counterparts are installed too!

At any rate, I'm going to fire up WINE tonight and take a look ;-)
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information