Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Branding and Growing my website, Memberize.Me

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Default Branding and Growing my website, Memberize.Me

Hey all, long time no see!
    Just finished up a round of final exams in my 2nd to last quarter in college!

I'm now on summer vacation for a week, and then have summer classes (but I'll have 4 day weekends)!

Now that I will have a ton of free time, I really want to spend it redesigning and branding www.Memberize.Me

I really don't have any idea of exactly what I'm going to have to do to accomplish my goals, but all I know is that I want to make Memberize.Me bigger, better, and have more/happier customers!

The points outlined in this article are a good start/summation of what I want done:
    http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/77408

If you have any ideas, suggestions, critiques, or talents to give/tell/lend to me please do so!

Basally: What are things I can do to make Memberize.Me a better experience for all?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

Live chat/skype group for extremely fast service? Like you get on the skype chat, and then a "representitive" adds you and you work from there. All in all you could get a deal going in some 5 minutes from website to trade.
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph D View Post
    Live chat/skype group for extremely fast service? Like you get on the skype chat, and then a "representitive" adds you and you work from there. All in all you could get a deal going in some 5 minutes from website to trade.
    Ah yes good suggestion.
    I'm defiantly looking into getting some sort of LiveChat for the website itself so people can visit, order, and get their service right away (as long as someone is online). For now since it's just me and occasionally just 1 other person working I don't want to invest into something like that just yet, but when I do I'll most likely purchase a subscription to https://www.zopim.com/ I've used it a bit in the past and it seems to be really solid and feature rich.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

When someone submits a purchase, you should store their username/keyword in a database, and have a bot just sitting somewhere. They then proceed to say the keyword to the bot, and if the keyword/username match, it accepts the GP from the user, and then an email is dispatched with a game code(Which you store in a database as well?)

Might take some work, but imagine the rush of sales of instant members.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

Add Silentcore Services, lol.
    Please add live chat, gold selling section, and several responsible people to work with you.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Memberize.Me is that . supposed to be representing like a function pointer?

Anyway, maybe you could have them purchase "credits" and they can exchange those credits for membership/gp/tripbot VIP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

This looks cool! You only accept rs07gp?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

add a gold selling/buying section

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

The site looks really clean but why would you want to buy membership with gold instead of real money while you can get the one with the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denart5 View Post
    The site looks really clean but why would you want to buy membership with gold instead of real money while you can get the one with the other.
    buy member ship directly with rs gold = 1 step

selling rs gold --> buying membership = 2 steps

if he adds a sell/buy gold option it would be perfect

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by i kees i View Post
    buy member ship directly with rs gold = 1 step

selling rs gold --> buying membership = 2 steps

if he adds a sell/buy gold option it would be perfect
    Okay I get it

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)

the site layout looks very clean cut try adding a skype so the customers get fast access to there pins.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)

Some ideas:
    • By displaying prices only in 07 gold, you are limiting your customers. Accept both eoc and 07 gold.
    • Your website lacks feedback and reviews from your customers. Add an incentive to promote your customers to honestly review their experience.
    • Implement a reward system for customers referring others to your website. Give the referrer a discount if the referee purchases membership.
    • I agree with NKN. Creating an automated process using bots would greatly increase your availability, thus increase your sales.
    Last edited by Wetish; 06-17-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

Not going to happen as the site is professional and allowing others to take part in selling increases scam rate and lowers reputation.
    I agree with Wetish and I like Silent's idea about addint the services
    FEEL FREE TO PM ME ABOUT ANYTHING! Will help over Teamviewer...just ask!! "WITH A NEW QUESTION COMES A NEW CHALLENGE"
    Silentcore's AIO Service team !!! Pm me if you want questing done or service done or post on thread ofc

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wetish View Post
    Some ideas:
    • By displaying prices only in 07 gold, you are limiting your customers. Accept both eoc and 07 gold.
    • Your website lacks feedback and reviews from your customers. Add an incentive to promote your customers to honestly review their experience.
    • Implement a reward system for customers referring others to your website. Give the referrer a discount if the referee purchases membership.
    • I agree with NKN. Creating an automated process using bots would greatly increase your availability, thus increase your sales.
    These are really good points. Totally agree with the Eoc and 07 gold prices.

What I'm not sure about is the bot. You could easily have somebody troll the bot as soon as they knew what it was and start spamming keywords or as soon as somebody says a word, you say it too. It would become suspicious and just as soon become guarded by a mod to catch RWT.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Tweak the website so all text is properly seen, add Live chat possibility, hire some workers, add new payment options, buy some ads so your website will get more visitors.

~Home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

i was talking about selling to the site not to other players.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

These are really good points. Totally agree with the Eoc and 07 gold prices.

What I'm not sure about is the bot. You could easily have somebody troll the bot as soon as they knew what it was and start spamming keywords or as soon as somebody says a word, you say it too. It would become suspicious and just as soon become guarded by a mod to catch RWT.
    With a username/keyword pair, you'd only trade with the matching username that says the word. It wouldn't matter what anyone else says. And who's gonna really wonder if the keyword was "sup dude"

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    With a username/keyword pair, you'd only trade with the matching username that says the word. It wouldn't matter what anyone else says. And who's gonna really wonder if the keyword was "sup dude"
    Then what about the next 100 customers? "Sup dude5 banana chococlate11 L0000oool?!6&!"

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Then what about the next 100 customers? "Sup dude5 banana chococlate11 L0000oool?!6&!"
    Why can't they all use the same keyword? Their usernames are still unique.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    717 Post(s)

On his order form, you choose your own keyword

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NKN View Post
    When someone submits a purchase, you should store their username/keyword in a database, and have a bot just sitting somewhere. They then proceed to say the keyword to the bot, and if the keyword/username match, it accepts the GP from the user, and then an email is dispatched with a game code(Which you store in a database as well?)

Might take some work, but imagine the rush of sales of instant members.
    I've pondered automating it through a database of codes and Simba, but it's not something I plan to do in the near future just yet. It would be really awesome but it would need to be foolproof and heavily tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentcore View Post
    Add Silentcore Services, lol.
    Please add live chat, gold selling section, and several responsible people to work with you.
    Yeah I'm looking into ZoPim livechat and hiring a few people, and a gold selling/buying section will be added too in the future, but not anytime too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Barbrady View Post
    Memberize.Me is that . supposed to be representing like a function pointer?
    Anyway, maybe you could have them purchase "credits" and they can exchange those credits for membership/gp/tripbot VIP
    Not really , just thought it would be a neat name for the site.
    Umm what would be the point of that though? My only guess is that they could stock up on 'credits' via 1 big RSGP trade, and then get their services instantly via purchasing through credits instead of having to wait for someone to accept RSGP, hmmm pretty cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by count to potato View Post
    This looks cool! You only accept rs07gp?
    Yeah I only take RS07 GP, @Kyle Undefined;
    made the entire site for me!

Will do in the future, but for now I just want to work on bettering what I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by happy hippo View Post
    the site layout looks very clean cut try adding a skype so the customers get fast access to there pins.
    On all of the forums I advertise at I list my Skype, however on the site itself I prefer an order form for logging purposes etc. Easier to deal with a backlog that way too.
    And thanks, @Kyle Undefined; made the site for me!

Some ideas:
    RS07 gold is WAY more popular than EoC right now, 9/10 (maybe more) of my customers do RS07 no problem at all so I don't really want to deal with EoC right now.

No it does't, www.memberize.me/#feedback

I'm definitely going to implement some sort of referral system, something like after every X referrals you get a free month .

Yeah I really would love to automate it, but it would be quite a bit of work, for now I can just hire/pay people to work for me, and eventually try to just automate it.

Thanks everyone, keep them rolling in!
    Does anyone know of a service that allows for users to create accounts and referral links to be made etc auto-magically? Does something like that exist?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/b8TMlIq.png

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Do you have adblock or noscript or something of that sort? Try disabling them and refresh, that's odd.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    Do you have adblock or noscript or something of that sort? Try disabling them and refresh, that's odd.
    Ah.. Ghostery was blocking Disqus. My bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information