Thread: Proteinnnnn

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    252 Post(s)

Default Proteinnnnn

anybody here workout and knows some stuff about protein and nutrients, idk what one to get. leaning towards the IsoMass but it tastes like shit, had some good results with it before tho. havent tried the ON clean gainer before but it seems to be lacking the glutamine and creatine that the IsoMass has (why im leaning towards IsoMass) but still a pretty good clean mass gainer and about 10 bucks cheaper. the amount of glutamine, creatine and BCAA's in IsoMass really isnt much but the protein looks more well rounded too

thoughts? or anyother weight/mass gainer recomendations?

lol at the recomended 10 days of serving size for this price

isomass:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/un/isomass.html

ON:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/gainer.html

View my OSR Script Repository!

Botted to max
    Guides: How to Report Bugs to the Scripter
    ~~~~ Moved to Java. Currently Lurking ~~~~

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

I don't take much supplements; It pretty much comes from the food choices I make each day.

My simple supplement just for after workouts is 2 Scoops of ON Whey Gold Standard Protein with a cup of milk and oatmeal.

Just eat a lot of fish, chicken, eggs, oat, quinoa, and so forth and lift.
    Im not the type to rely mostly on supps.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

You could try adding peanut butter to your diet in addition to whatever protein product you choose

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Before you waste money on completely useless proteins, make sure you weight at least 80 kg( or 90 kg if you are tall). Just note how many people are buying stuff like that, follow 'bodybuilding routines', and are tiny as hell. Stuff like this is just a small extra, you don't get big from it if your regular meals aren't correct. Eat healthy and with a big variety if you are actually serious about this.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

Id take Jakes suggestion. I am no expert my self, but I recognize what Jake does, and it seems to be pretty much the same as my brother does, and my brother is getting quite big. Mainly chicken, eggs and oat (he does not each much fish).
    Pretty sure he also uses Whey protein, at least I've overheard quite a bit of talk about it, seems like an ideal supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    I don't take much supplements; It pretty much comes from the food choices I make each day.

My simple supplement just for after workouts is 2 Scoops of ON Whey Gold Standard Protein with a cup of milk and oatmeal.

Just eat a lot of fish, chicken, eggs, oat, quinoa, and so forth and lift.
    Im not the type to rely mostly on supps.
    MasterBB also as some reasonable tips
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

I would have to agree, I am just finishing up several bio genetics courses and we have come to the conclusion ( through several studies done throughout the class ) that supplements are next to useless in the protein department. It would be much cheaper to eat your wight in chicken and eggs, plus they taste a hell of a lot better. The reason being the healthy protein rich foods also provide other nutrients that the protein supplements do not.

I've found that eating grilled chicken breast / tuna after a workout was good. I also like to snack on almonds ( high calorie content, portable and protein rich..)

I eat a ton of eggs as well.. Like 3-4 in the morning and 2-3 midday. Eat them with some whole grain toast, bananas are also amazing as well. Potassium really helps the day out..

However some supplements are quite useful. I've found that cycling creating properly while bulking and building for the year helps tremendously. You just have to make sure you don't eat / drink gallons of it, it can upset your bodies balance that way... If you do take it, cycle properly and drink a TON of water, creating WILL dehydrate your body if you don't increase water uptake 10 fold. Cliff bars are also really good post workout meals as well.

I would suggest creating cycling, consuming all the eggs/ tuna /protein your can naturally and possibly checking a blood screening with your doctor to see what other. Nutrients you could be missing.

Protein supplements are a waste, you can eat them naturally for cheaper and a better taste.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    that formatting.. ;p
    Also, what did I just watch...
    its my new fookin' haircut. .bat'es dont like it? fookin' skanks.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    252 Post(s)

nice replys guys, ill try adding some peanut butter to my shakes and snacking on the seeds. @Jake where do you find quinoa at? havent heard of them. @King do you mix your almonds with anything? i use to snack on sliced ones before but they were rather blah and got me gassy lol became unappetizing rather quickly.

im currently bulking so an outside Protein source is almost necessary otherwise the dieting would become even more extreme and time consuming than it already is and school and work wouldnt allow that level of commitment. Also hitting 3500 calories is pretty hard with HEALTHY food alone so the protein is a good help with that. Protein supplements are a great way to start ur muscle recovery and there really has been no evidence to dispprove it. ya your body can only take so much protein at one time but many of the products have casien protein mixed in them which is a slow releasing protein so youre really not hitting your body with all that protein at once and some of it gets used as energy to restore your body before it starts to recover. Also cause its liquid u can eat more :P

what studies did you do King?

@masterBB size or weight isnt a big deal for taking protein supplements. although you shouldnt be heavy lifting/power lifting until 16 17 or even later as your body is still developing bone structure. those kids you see who take protein supplements and follow bodybuilding routines and lack results is because their diet sucks, you cant get bigger if you arent eating the right foods to get the right nutrients and caloric intake. 1 gram of protein, 2 grams of carbs per body weight pound per day, minimum. i started lifting 18 months ago and took protein at 128 pounds (<60kilos) and i am now 165 pounds. your diet is the most crucial aspect of bodybuilding, not the weight room as you would assume.

the ON Gold Standard is good, i use it when im not bulking. i take 2 scoops aswell.

im currently eating 8 eggs, 4 packets of oatmeal with toast, 12oz of yogurt, 1 banana, a few ounces of brocli, 4 cups of milk, a couple pbj/meat sandwhiches, a roll of Ritz Crackers, some cottage cheese, and then chicken breast or pasta for my dinner each day

@Turpinator hahaha i havent seen that video for a couple years now, fricken hilarious "WHERE'S THE GOD DAMN PROTEIN MOM!!!!"
    watch the BroScience vids, Doms pretty funny and if you workout youll get all the jokes lol

Botted to max

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

I do occasionally mix the almonds sliced into tuna, ect.. I get mine salted and roasted.

We studied the effects of protein between several studies on muscle growth through comparison studies between 10-15 people. We measured growth through pure lifting power, weight, and size. Each person started with 10% body fat roughly and each had a year of lifting experience. Everyone did the same routine of lifting, with ample breaks for muscle recovery..

The people taking protein over the 6 months versus the people who ate protein through healthy foods had no clear advantage. The healthy protein group also showed a better growth through the long run.. We think it was due to the variety in choices of food they ate everyday instead of just protein shakes..

I do agree, diet can be hard, however I can hit 3500 calories in a day easy (; if you are busy I would just take the protein, I was just saying that natural would be cheaper and I prefer it, however protein shakes will do just the same!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sk1nyNerd View Post
    nice replys guys, ill try adding some peanut butter to my shakes and snacking on the seeds. @Jake where do you find quinoa at? havent heard of them.
    I buy all of my food in Bulk from Costco/Walmart, its so inexpensive, per serving wise.

Quinoa is found at local groceries/super markets.
    Its pretty much a chopped up grain (seed), that people eat solely for the high protein levels and good carb levels too.

Eat it cooked/boiled or throw it in some rice. Its delicious.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Annyway. I was so smashed when i made all those posts.

Ive seen broscience a few times. i laughed a bit.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

I think some people are really exaggerating with their diets. Like eating 6 meals a day and getting at least 0.5 grams of protein per lb bodyweight or something and at least this and at least that..

What generally works is just eating above maintenance and eating more protein rich food.. Perhaps the strategy mentioned above might result in slightly better results but is it really worth the effort?

You could get sick for a while and lose a lot of your gains.. or get injured.. or go on a holiday.. etc. Although I have to admit I have hit a plateau myself now at 218 lbs 14% BF. My goal has always been to hit 100 kg (220 lbs) but I've been around 218 for 3-4 months now.. annoying. So I'm actually considering to change my diet significantly :P

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

I've been looking to work out too because I'm looking to be a firefighter and I am not looking the part. Every day for the last 2 weeks I have gone out for lunch just looking to gain some weight. I'm 6'6 and 165 lbs, looking to hit 180 and then work out with what I've got but on a good diet. I looked into Mutant Mass protein for gaining lots of weight, and the bag only costs like $75 for 15 lbs, has anyone had experience with weight gain on a high metabolism?
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    252 Post(s)

damn JJ youre a beast! keep up the work!

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Clan View Post
    I've been looking to work out too because I'm looking to be a firefighter and I am not looking the part. Every day for the last 2 weeks I have gone out for lunch just looking to gain some weight. I'm 6'6 and 165 lbs, looking to hit 180 and then work out with what I've got but on a good diet. I looked into Mutant Mass protein for gaining lots of weight, and the bag only costs like $75 for 15 lbs, has anyone had experience with weight gain on a high metabolism?
    i have a high metabolism, ill eat and be hungry again an hour later ha. my whole family is on the skinny side. youll find this a good thing although it will be stressful when trying to get bigger. good because your body is burning fat at a higher rate. i wouldnt recomend taking a mass gainer such as the one you mentioned without some type of workout or if you divided the serving size between each meal you eat otherwise youre gonna shit youre brains out taking it all at once. mass gainers are designed for you to go hard in the gym and take after your workout when your body is broken down.

The two mass gainers ive used are IsoMass and Serious Mass. I prefer the Serious Mass but its pretty pricey and i only tried because i got a hell of a deal at bodybuilding.com for thanksgiving cyber monday. idk if ill try it agan until summer once i start working more and have more cash to throw around. The Mutant Mass looks to be like an alright gainer, let me know how it works if you use it

Botted to max

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

The only thing that matters: count your calories. You want to get bigger? Add calories to gain mass (clean or dirty calories doesn't really matter)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Clan View Post
    Over here. I've only started going to the gym since November after moving out for college. I've never really been a healthy eater but I've always been a skinny guy... No muscle and no fat, just skin and bones. Now I go to the gym a five times a week (arms, chest, shoulders, back and legs with abs and small amounts of cardio mixed in), and I'm eating roughly 3000 - 3500 calories per day. In terms of supplements all I've got is some whey protein which I have straight after a workout and creatine which I take in the morning. So far I've gained around 15 lb, and I've noticed increases in the weights I'm using as well as looking a bit better. Admittedly, I'm still skinny and it's only been a few months, but I'd say I'm getting there...
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sk1nyNerd View Post
    damn JJ youre a beast! keep up the work!

i have a high metabolism, ill eat and be hungry again an hour later ha. my whole family is on the skinny side. youll find this a good thing although it will be stressful when trying to get bigger. good because your body is burning fat at a higher rate. i wouldnt recomend taking a mass gainer such as the one you mentioned without some type of workout or if you divided the serving size between each meal you eat otherwise youre gonna shit youre brains out taking it all at once. mass gainers are designed for you to go hard in the gym and take after your workout when your body is broken down.

The two mass gainers ive used are IsoMass and Serious Mass. I prefer the Serious Mass but its pretty pricey and i only tried because i got a hell of a deal at bodybuilding.com for thanksgiving cyber monday. idk if ill try it agan until summer once i start working more and have more cash to throw around. The Mutant Mass looks to be like an alright gainer, let me know how it works if you use it
    Thanks :P We share the same height. I was 184 lbs 1,5 years ago and put on 34 lbs since then. Gained a little bit of fat and holding more water but still a good amount of muscle.

For @Wu-Tang Clan; and @Rich; -> just keep going and make sure to eat above maintenance. I try to avoid supplements as much as possible, only a protein shake with milk after a workout. I'm not too sure about weigh gainers. I've finished a tub myself and I did gain a bit more weight in that period compared to whey protein but I believe I gained more fat as well.

It just takes time to fill out. Especially for you @Wu-Tang Clan;. You really need to gain half your weight to look big. At 6'6" 218 lbs I don't even look that big to be honest. But when standing next to an average person I do.. kinda.

I'm aiming for 230-240 at 10-12% BF in the future. I think/hope I will be able to get there but I might be closing in on the natural limit..

Check out Jamie Johal for some motivation, he is 6'5" 240 lbs or something.

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Mass gainers...Pshh, eat real food. Count your calories, hit about 3k+ calories with real food mate. Also, take Gold Standard Whey Protein twice a day.

Good luck and we'll all make it
    -P1nky

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

If you do end up getting protein powder I'd recommend watching some vid's by this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/EJFitness
    It might even make you want to buy some just to use in his recipes.
    Solar from RiD.

Thread Information