Thread: Reflection Writing Help

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Default Reflection Writing Help

I am currently attempting to write some scripts for the Reflection include. My only problem is that I am having some trouble learning how its all pieced together. I have read through the basic tutorials by @elfyyy, but it explains the functions and doesnt really explain how the reflection scripts are supposed to be written. I have also looked through other scripts, but even then, a few things don't make the most sense. I am a person who learns the best with 'Stupid People' tutorials.

I was wondering if there is anyone who would be able to write a tutorial that would be similar to this tutorial(https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113433) which was written by @StickToTheScript.

I found that it was super easy to understand and follow as it explains what each part of the script does. It gives you the basics of walking, object finding, and use of the SRL-6 include.

I know some people might not like the idea, but it is just a thought.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Just post what you're struggling to understand since I doubt anyone is going to make another reflection tut (To the detail you are asking) anytime soon.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

In my opinion, it is absolutely the same. If you know how to work with color, you should have no problem with reflection either. If you have any color scripts written, you should try to re-write some functions using reflection to get the hang of it. Lets say if you are using color function to find a banker, change it to a TReflectNPC function. All the required info is in elfyyys tutorial and if you have specific questions, just ask.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MariusK View Post
    In my opinion, it is absolutely the same. If you know how to work with color, you should have no problem with reflection either. If you have any color scripts written, you should try to re-write some functions using reflection to get the hang of it. Lets say if you are using color function to find a banker, change it to a TReflectNPC function. All the required info is in elfyyys tutorial and if you have specific questions, just ask.
    This ^. Virtually every aspect of scripting is made easier using reflection. But definitely post any questions you have and/or add me on skype, I'm glad to see that you are going to be doing some osr scripting!
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Where can I find a list of functions and how to use them? Specifically functions using lape reflection that pertain to walking to a location, banking, using items, clicking npcs/objects, etc. I am trying to read reflection scripts to make sense of this stuff but it is quite hard.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terd View Post
    Where can I find a list of functions and how to use them? Specifically functions using lape reflection that pertain to walking to a location, banking, using items, clicking npcs/objects, etc. I am trying to read reflection scripts to make sense of this stuff but it is quite hard.
    https://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=659

or my favorite kind of resource, the source, https://www.github.com/elfyyy/osr-reflection

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tls View Post
    I've used both of those quite extensively. I am just trying to make a script for fun over the next few days. I have attached the script that I have been working on. I am trying to start basic and make a script that mines rune essence from Varrock east. I am currently stuck because the reflection find method does not seem to be able to find the portal object. I have also had a lot of trouble with the WalkPath method. I have fairly extensive java and c++ experience. Any chance you or anyone could help me out? We could talk outside of this thread if this is inappropriate.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by terd View Post
    I've used both of those quite extensively. I am just trying to make a script for fun over the next few days. I have attached the script that I have been working on. I am trying to start basic and make a script that mines rune essence from Varrock east. I am currently stuck because the reflection find method does not seem to be able to find the portal object. I have also had a lot of trouble with the WalkPath method. I have fairly extensive java and c++ experience. Any chance you or anyone could help me out? We could talk outside of this thread if this is inappropriate.
    Instead of using the name "Portal", try the ID of 15638. Just replace the string with that ID and it should work. Some Game objects name's won't show up and to get the ID I just found all nearby objects and printed out ID's as the mouse moved to the object.

Also, if you're using reflection you really shouldn't need to use Aerolib, especially for the walking, as reflection has the most accurate way in which to walk..
    Last edited by Kyle; 11-23-2015 at 02:01 PM.
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elfyyy View Post
    Instead of using the name "Portal", try the ID of 15638. Just replace the string with that ID and it should work. Some Game objects name's won't show up and to get the ID I just found all nearby objects and printed out ID's as the mouse moved to the object.

Also, if you're using reflection you really shouldn't need to use Aerolib, especially for the walking, as reflection has the most accurate way in which to walk..
    Is that ID the ID of all of the portals? I can't seem to consistently find a portal using that ID. How do I find the ID's of objects near me and print them? Currently the only thing keeping my script from being able to roughly run is the fact that I can't find the portal.
    Last edited by terd; 11-24-2015 at 12:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elfyyy View Post
    This ^. Virtually every aspect of scripting is made easier using reflection. But definitely post any questions you have and/or add me on skype, I'm glad to see that you are going to be doing some osr scripting!
    @MariusK
    i as well am having the same problem yes I have read the functions and what they are for but theres nothing there saying how to set up relflection or what would a fully working reflection script look like because what I do know is you can't say it's as easy as learning colours for the main reason of accuracy and precision if there one little thing missing then the script wont compile and for another reason being theres a certain order in witch the lines of code need to be put in or script wont compile but non of the reflection tuts say or show examples of how reflection should be set up and the proper order iam looking specifically for how to walk from point a to point b

also as far as finding colours well I learned that years ago from YoHoJo who has video tutorials explainning exactly what your writing why your writing it and how to write it but I am not saying every tutorial should be video just examples of what a successful compile would look like for reflection topics and the ( // this means that it will do this or the 3 and the 5 means ... ) kinda thing helps someone understand what each line of code does and why it is there

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxlvs View Post
    @MariusK
    i as well am having the same problem yes I have read the functions and what they are for but theres nothing there saying how to set up relflection or what would a fully working reflection script look like because what I do know is you can't say it's as easy as learning colours for the main reason of accuracy and precision if there one little thing missing then the script wont compile and for another reason being theres a certain order in witch the lines of code need to be put in or script wont compile but non of the reflection tuts say or show examples of how reflection should be set up and the proper order iam looking specifically for how to walk from point a to point b

also as far as finding colours well I learned that years ago from YoHoJo who has video tutorials explainning exactly what your writing why your writing it and how to write it but I am not saying every tutorial should be video just examples of what a successful compile would look like for reflection topics and the ( // this means that it will do this or the 3 and the 5 means ... ) kinda thing helps someone understand what each line of code does and why it is there
    Literally, it is as easy as walking from point a to point b...

Simba Code:
    program Meh;
    {$DEFINE SMART}
    {$i Reflection/Reflection.simba}

var
      LocPlayer: TReflectLocalPlayer;
      PointB: TTile;

begin
      LocPlayer.Username := '@yahoo.com';
      LocPlayer.Password := '5';
      LocPlayer.Active := True;
      Reflect.Setup;
      LocPlayer.Login;
      PointB := Point(3000, 4000);//Please don't use this actual Tile..
      LocPlayer.BlindWalkMM(PointB);
    end.

Hense why I did say, and can say that reflection is quite simple..

Also, some punctuation in a post goes a long way. That was a massive run on sentence you managed..
    Last edited by Kyle; 11-25-2015 at 12:31 AM.

Thread Information