Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Movie Collection..

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

Default Your Movie Collection..

So, SRLers, what kind of movie collections do you guys have? Are they on a PC? or are you one with a thousand DVDs?

How did you come by them? No sources pirates

If they are digital, what is your setup to watch them?

I have a small library of digital movies, I recently decided to go digital.

Is what I have so far, I haven't watched Dark Skies, or Empire State yet, but I have watched the rest and liked them. Now You See Me, was a bit confusing and disappointing with its ending.

I have a 32' LED in my bedroom to watch them on, I have it hooked up to a Roku HD, then just direct stream them in 1080p to the box. I have found that transcoding is what kills my movies (laptop not fast enough to decode and recode 1080p real time). So if they do have to transcode for the Roku to play them, I usually have a 720p version.

Also I have found that I love the PLEX channel and it is how I stream them.

Anybody have any thoughts on ChromeCast? (link to what it is here) My Roku HD was 49.99$ and I want the Roku 3 (99.99$) because it has better specs and streams smoother because of them, however I think I may buy Chromecast instead.. thoughts?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

I tend to either stream movies or download them and delete them after. It's not like I'm going to watch a movie often enough to justify keeping it on my hdd.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    I tend to either stream movies or download them and delete them after. It's not like I'm going to watch a movie often enough to justify keeping it on my hdd.
    I may delete them if they start taking up to much space, I only have 320gb on my laptop, which is where I keep them. I usually keep them to give to friends ect.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Nice, you have Now You See Me and Oblivion. I watched those both in theaters, really good movies. I'm one of those guys with a library of DVDs since they're illegally copied in this country for, roughly, $.50 ea.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Nice, you have Now You See Me and Oblivion. I watched those both in theaters, really good movies. I'm one of those guys with a library of DVDs since they're illegally copied in this country for, roughly, $.50 ea.
    Do the theaters you have there have English speech, English speech and local subtitles, Dubbed local speech, or Dubbed local speech and English subtitles?

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    Do the theaters you have there have English speech, English speech and local subtitles, Dubbed local speech, or Dubbed local speech and English subtitles?
    Original English audio with the local language.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

I watch most movies online through a Jailbroken APP on iphone called MovieBox, its free and grants you access to watch online/download movies at great quality with no lag or delay or buffer times, i love it.

In the past i used to download films from TPB, watch em and then delete once i finish but now days i just watch it all on iphone, that app has a mega library and all they ask from their users is to click on the ads every once in a while

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)

I have over 5000 films on one of my stepdads servers Which aren't HD and about 2700 HD films.

I know it seems a bit overkill. But to be honest I studied film... and I love it to bits, I watch a film every night, i just don't have the time to see em all xD

Got a home cinema in my house too

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xtrapsp View Post
    I have over 5000 films on one of my stepdads servers Which aren't HD and about 2700 HD films.

I know it seems a bit overkill. But to be honest I studied film... and I love it to bits, I watch a film every night, i just don't have the time to see em all xD

Got a home cinema in my house too
    Buy a popcorn & soda machine and some extra seats and you've got a theater.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)

Buy a popcorn & soda machine and some extra seats and you've got a theater.
    I can probably grab some snaps if you wanna see :P

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Or host an SRL party there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

I ddl'd them all on a 1 TB HDD and use a media center to stream it. I want to get a NAS system for better streaming and "mirroring". I usually keep only movies I like. It is currently a mix between the top 250 on imdb.com and this:

1299271980273.jpg

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Well I have like so many family guys recorded and hundreds of DVDs..

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

WE HAVE A THEATER TOO!

Have a popcorn machine, just need some actual theater seats ( we have double couches ) and a pop machine! We set the whole thing up for roughly 6-7k including the projector, we have over 7500hrs on it, bulb was supposed to last like 4k lol.

In all honesty, i think we just skipped vacation one year for it, its easy to move with us as well.

Ill post some pics if @xtrapsp does :P

Also, not sure if this allowed to be posted, but I get ALL of my movies from Yify, guy has a full website dedicated to it, all 720p or 1080p, seed ratio is insane for a public tracker. I usually get 1mb-2mb/s, easily download a 1080p movie in 30 minutes or less. He rips them from Blu-rays, 720p are usually 800mb, 1080p usually 1.5gb or so, video quality is amazing, I watch them on the LED in my room and the theater, all look like blu-ray from the PS3. Sadly you do need atleast 25mb/s to stream them with no wait :P
    Last edited by King; 08-25-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    WE HAVE A THEATER TOO!

Have a popcorn machine, just need some actual theater seats ( we have double couches ) and a pop machine! We set the whole thing up for roughly 6-7k including the projector, we have over 7500hrs on it, bulb was supposed to last like 4k lol.
    Wow that's quite a setup. Ya post some pictures if you get the chance.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

Wow that's quite a setup. Ya post some pictures if you get the chance.
    Ill post some tomorrow, been out with the girlfriend all day

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

I just stream all my movies from my dedicated server

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

WE HAVE A THEATER TOO!

In all honesty, i think we just skipped vacation one year for it, its easy to move with us as well.

Ill post some pics if @xtrapsp does :P

Also, not sure if this allowed to be posted, but I get ALL of my movies from Yify, guy has a full website dedicated to it, all 720p or 1080p, seed ratio is insane for a public tracker. I usually get 1mb-2mb/s, easily download a 1080p movie in 30 minutes or less. He rips them from Blu-rays, 720p are usually 800mb, 1080p usually 1.5gb or so, video quality is amazing, I watch them on the LED in my room and the theater, all look like blu-ray from the PS3. Sadly you do need atleast 25mb/s to stream them with no wait :P
    Oh man, YIFY is the bomb!!
    Oblivion: Decent plot and cool twist but a little long and drawn out. Also the greenscreen acting (while flying the heli-flyer) was medicore (esp the girl)
    Pain and Gain: Almost walked out of the theatre, overly crude sexual and too much swearing...lost respect for The Rock and Wallyberg.

We just moved to the country so internet speed is about 150 KB/s so I download on our main mac computer to external harddrive, then move to USB and watch off the PS3. I would use PS3 Media Server but ps3 can't stream wirelessly...hopefully ps4 can do this. Kinda annoying to move to USB all the time but on the flip side you can fast forward with no lag/jumping/issues.
    E: Post pics , @xtrapsp too!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cause View Post
    Oh man, YIFY is the bomb!!
    Oblivion: Decent plot and cool twist but a little long and drawn out. Also the greenscreen acting (while flying the heli-flyer) was medicore (esp the girl)
    Pain and Gain: Almost walked out of the theatre, overly crude sexual and too much swearing...lost respect for The Rock and Wallyberg.

We just moved to the country so internet speed is about 150 KB/s so I download on our main mac computer to external harddrive, then move to USB and watch off the PS3. I would use PS3 Media Server but ps3 can't stream wirelessly...hopefully ps4 can do this. Kinda annoying to move to USB all the time but on the flip side you can fast forward with no lag/jumping/issues.
    E: Post pics , @xtrapsp too!
    Pain and Gain was stupid, I didnt like it a bit. Oblivion was only okay, didnt like the lack of "feel" the characters had even after being so long..

Do you have the "fat" PS3? As I have a slim and can stream fine with PS3 Media Server, it might be only the newer one, never tried it with my older one lol.

Pictures of the theater (messy as it is our rec room, 4 kids here)

we are having a new house built, moved about a year ago to be closer to my dads work. We had a dedicated theater room at the other house, but we are renting this one, so we cant change the structure of the walls. New one being built will have a 20 x 30 ft room roughly, over the garage only for the theater.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)

Pain and Gain was stupid, I didnt like it a bit. Oblivion was only okay, didnt like the lack of "feel" the characters had even after being so long..

Do you have the "fat" PS3? As I have a slim and can stream fine with PS3 Media Server, it might be only the newer one, never tried it with my older one lol.

Pictures of the theater (messy as it is our rec room, 4 kids here)

we are having a new house built, moved about a year ago to be closer to my dads work. We had a dedicated theater room at the other house, but we are renting this one, so we cant change the structure of the walls. New one being built will have a 20 x 30 ft room roughly, over the garage only for the theater.
    I gotta say, that's pretty cool!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I gotta say, that's pretty cool!
    It wwas worth skipping the vacations anyone in Michigan can come watch movies with us :P

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)

Sorry for the quality, used a shitty cam corder + it was dark:

Screen:

Screen + Door (Remote controlled and slides open automatically, like in a spaceship from the future):

That second picture kinda gives you a realisation of the size

Part of the ceiling (Has speakers there because the surround sound works better that way):

The lights have up to 8 different dimming settings, depending on the situation.

I'l unlock the server cupboard tomorrow (people are in bed atm) to show you the sound setup.

HD Area:

Last edited by xtrapsp; 08-26-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

>stream.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    553 Post(s)

Very sweet Brad! We are hoping to get something similar setup in the new house, I felt like crying when we had to leave the setup.. we had the basement finished just for the theater, then THEY
    DANG WELL MOVED.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Sorry for the quality, used a shitty cam corder + it was dark:

o was the second picture meant to be 3d?
    I need a new site to stream from :/ Movie2k got blocked in UK :'( and my internet is crap.
    I don't like downloading so usually get them off friends. Got all the inbetweeners downloaded and about 11 films including Dark skies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information