Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Randoms Development

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyRS View Post
    Yeh that Idk how I got srl5 on my clipboard :/

going to maybe try and actually make a real script tomorrow to use OSR haha, maybe a flax picker to see if the beehive randoms in OSR or not
    Wish there was an official list of the 2007 randoms somewhere. Ps is declare players normally called after setupsrl? If so the setchatname won't work in setupsrl?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaman88 View Post
    Wish there was an official list of the 2007 randoms somewhere. Ps is declare players normally called after setupsrl? If so the setchatname won't work in setupsrl?
    I always called it before, does it make a difference? Always works fine before for me

Programming is like trying keep a wall of shifting sand up, you fix one thing but somewhere else starts crumbling

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

I always called it before, does it make a difference? Always works fine before for me
    haha well I guess not, we will just have to make sure it is included in the randoms instructions - that's why people have been getting runtime errors with it

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

haha well I guess not, we will just have to make sure it is included in the randoms instructions - that's why people have been getting runtime errors with it
    Yea Random's are kinda advanced Simba stuff for most user's, because of the way we have to set it up, and you need to call it in scripts in a certain way like that, I'll write a guide later today if noone else wants to by then

Programming is like trying keep a wall of shifting sand up, you fix one thing but somewhere else starts crumbling

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Yea Random's are kinda advanced Simba stuff for most user's, because of the way we have to set it up, and you need to call it in scripts in a certain way like that, I'll write a guide later today if noone else wants to by then
    Go for it Make sure to cover all the stuff like setting the run directions and everything !

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

I had the animal ballons detected well in the new rs, but the animals are twice (if not more) bigger than the ones in old rs (because people were complaining about the difference lol). So yeah its alot harder in the old version because all animals are near enough a blob of purple.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollybest View Post
    I had the animal ballons detected well in the new rs, but the animals are twice (if not more) bigger than the ones in old rs (because people were complaining about the difference lol). So yeah its alot harder in the old version because all animals are near enough a blob of purple.
    I got sheep and goat 90% accurate, but thats useless, and dog-cat is near impossible, at runtime, I'd say impossible

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Also I have an idea for the skill related randoms (like steaming rock and w/e).

Something like so:

Have a boolean for each skill that produces a specific random (SRL_MININGRANDOMS)
    Have it set to false by default
    If the script is a mining script, have script writer set miningrandoms to true
    Then in findnormal randoms run the scan for the smoke or w/e
    Solver would just be to click under character and wait 10 seconds or so.

That way we wouldn't have to worry about a ton of false positives for mining (fill in each skill here) randoms when the script has nothing to do with mining.

Apply that to all the skill specific randoms.

Maybe?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

Also I have an idea for the skill related randoms (like steaming rock and w/e).

Something like so:

Have a boolean for each skill that produces a specific random (SRL_MININGRANDOMS)
    Have it set to false by default
    If the script is a mining script, have script writer set miningrandoms to true
    Then in findnormal randoms run the scan for the smoke or w/e
    Solver would just be to click under character and wait 10 seconds or so.

That way we wouldn't have to worry about a ton of false positives for mining (fill in each skill here) randoms when the script has nothing to do with mining.

Apply that to all the skill specific randoms.

Maybe?
    Sounds better, go ahed , got a strange box finally, guna try some functions on it

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)

Added Lost and Found (Abyss) to the list.
    STOP PM'ING ME

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

I'm going to work on a few randoms the next few days, my weekend start in around 2 hours
    I/we have finished a big university group project that needs to be done next week already so I have some hours of spare time.

I assume this is still updated?
    I believe I have ACA files for the strange plant which should be easy to solve because of the dark purple.

Other than that I have been really unlucky with random events, nearly all have been NPC's. I have never been on ScapeRune Island or does that one not exist? I've had the Molly random event once but I saw the TRiBot random solver solving it so I just watched it as it was nearly done anyways..

I hope to get a few good randoms that are not solved yet to finally contribute properly except from contributing to the genie xp lamp and a few .aca files

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Awesome JJ! I believe the list is updated. As for strange plant, only thing I would say is to put multiple verifications (idk, see purple and making sure that green is near it?) also semi good thing is if it does attack the runaway stuff will be called

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)

Any updates on this? We are currently at 71.7% detection.

Sorry for being away lately, its finals time ad I've been buried. Git is all pulled now.
    STOP PM'ING ME

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J J View Post
    I'm going to work on a few randoms the next few days, my weekend start in around 2 hours
    I/we have finished a big university group project that needs to be done next week already so I have some hours of spare time.

I assume this is still updated?
    I believe I have ACA files for the strange plant which should be easy to solve because of the dark purple.

Other than that I have been really unlucky with random events, nearly all have been NPC's. I have never been on ScapeRune Island or does that one not exist? I've had the Molly random event once but I saw the TRiBot random solver solving it so I just watched it as it was nearly done anyways..

I hope to get a few good randoms that are not solved yet to finally contribute properly except from contributing to the genie xp lamp and a few .aca files
    Sounds wonderful. Yes I was thinking along the same lines for the Strange Plant: detect it via the fruit, attempt to pick the fruit and wait for what the next game message will be; "You pick the fruit" should give the green light that the anti-random was successful, if we got the message "..unable to pick the fruit" then we could set some sort of timer that, while enabled, will ignore searching for the Strange Plant so we don't repeatedly try to interact with the same plant. I imagine this timer should be approx. the same amount of time it takes for the plant to grow into the attacking NPC.

Yes ScapeRune (both the island & prison exist). Although I've not yet encountered the pirate on the island nor the beekeeper yet.

Some good advice for everyone wanting to trigger random events, I encourage you to spin flax in the Lumbridge Castle; this area is extremely prone to light-weight random events (mostly interacting NPCs from what I've observed), while if a random event is triggered via teleporting it's likely to be a much more complex random, as in ScapeRune/Prison/Island/Maze.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Any updates on this? We are currently at 71.7% detection.

Sorry for being away lately, its finals time ad I've been buried. Git is all pulled now.
    Well we are not sure if the skill specific ones will be handled by the solver or by the specific skill scripts and the script writers (like for the ent...the solver would not only have to detect an ent tree... yellow uptext or something... but it would also have to figure out which way your character is facing and if your character is even cutting that specific tree...this would be hard to implement across all situations

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)

Im pretty sure in the past we had (Using ents as an example) a FindEnt function and people would build their own antirandom procedure which had findnormalrandoms and the skill specific ones for the skill they are doing. I may be completely wrong but that is what I remember.
    STOP PM'ING ME

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

@Flight; I've seen several flax picking bots get the Bee Keeper random as I think you can only get it while picking flax. I think we might need to suicide some accounts in order to get the random event

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Im pretty sure in the past we had (Using ents as an example) a FindEnt function and people would build their own antirandom procedure which had findnormalrandoms and the skill specific ones for the skill they are doing. I may be completely wrong but that is what I remember.
    I'll dig through some of the old stuff and see what I can find

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

I forgot to post this yesterday but while running Naturez I watched the random solver work wonderfully for the Drill Demon. Great job Dev. team!

Current projects:

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

A few minutes ago the random solver for the sandwich lady failed to identify the correct sandwich. The target was a square sandwich but the solver chose the wrong one and I got clubbed out of the fishing colony.

Sorry I wasn't there to see which item it selected instead, I'm afraid this is all the info I can provide. I hope it helps.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Ok everyone, who can give me some information about failing the frog random event? Is it like before when if you ignore the royal frog or choose the wrong option you're teleported to a cave? I've never failed it in OSR so I need a bit of info before I make a solver for it. Please and thank you.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Ok everyone, who can give me some information about failing the frog random event? Is it like before when if you ignore the royal frog or choose the wrong option you're teleported to a cave? I've never failed it in OSR so I need a bit of info before I make a solver for it. Please and thank you.
    Yeah that is what happens. I believe Justin wrote a solver to get out of the cave. PS I thought I saw in the other thread that strange box solver wasn't working. Why is that? That is the one with the shapes and numbers right? I wrote a solver for that awhile back and it was working 80% each question and 100% eventually

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    A few minutes ago the random solver for the sandwich lady failed to identify the correct sandwich. The target was a square sandwich but the solver chose the wrong one and I got clubbed out of the fishing colony.

Sorry I wasn't there to see which item it selected instead, I'm afraid this is all the info I can provide. I hope it helps.
    I'm going to re-write the sandwhich solver with shape detection after my final assignment is handed in in a week or two seems color alone is dodgey still :/

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

@Flight, Had a quick rework of it ^.^

https://github.com/SRL/SRL-OSR/pull/127
    Last edited by DannyRS; 05-21-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Nicely done DannyRS.

Yeah that is what happens. I believe Justin wrote a solver to get out of the cave. PS I thought I saw in the other thread that strange box solver wasn't working. Why is that? That is the one with the shapes and numbers right? I wrote a solver for that awhile back and it was working 80% each question and 100% eventually
    That would be nice, I really don't want to have my script keep logging out the player after a strangebox is given.

Current projects:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information