Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Programmers and their Histories

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

I originally said it as a joke, but it means a lot that you SRLers are sticking up for me (*hugs*)
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Clan View Post
    I originally said it as a joke, but it means a lot that you SRLers are sticking up for me (*hugs*)
    No one's sticking up for you, because no one's trying to put you down (or at least they shouldn't be, let's keep this civil!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    In the end, why do some script devs get recognition, and not others?
    I've gone over this at least three times now, it's because people (read: you) are only giving a very basic outline of what's wrong with the thread instead of making any effort to contribute...how about telling us who should be taken off? who should be added, and why?
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 06-30-2014 at 08:15 PM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    I've gone over this at least three times now, it's because people (read: you) are only giving a very basic outline of what's wrong with the thread instead of making any effort to contribute...how about telling us who should be taken off? who should be added, and why?
    It's because it's on Powerbot... nobody cares about anything powerbot here... this is strictly color with a couple of your kind and @YoHoJo who... rages on sythe? or something?
    Your list has like 3 relevant people to us and past that its a matrix of cyberwaste. I don't really know why you posted it on SRL in the first place. I guess this just shows that if you want recognition, you either need to do some small part of java development, or steal gold (now who would do that?).

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

It's because it's on Powerbot... nobody cares about anything powerbot here... this is strictly color with a couple of your kind and @YoHoJo who... rages on sythe? or something?
    Your list has like 3 relevant people to us and past that its a matrix of cyberwaste. I don't really know why you posted it on SRL in the first place. I guess this just shows that if you want recognition, you either need to do some small part of java development, or steal gold (now who would do that?).
    By that logic, SRL is the elite end-all-be-all of RS cheating (which is true tbh) and everyone else are useless peasants, or to use your words, a matrix of cyberwaste (which is not true tbh).

Additionally, there are plenty of people on the list who are recognized for things other than Java or stealing gold.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

By that logic, SRL is the elite end-all-be-all of RS cheating (which is true tbh) and everyone else are useless peasants, or to use your words, a matrix of cyberwaste (which is not true tbh).

Additionally, there are plenty of people on the list who are recognized for things other than Java or stealing gold.
    I didn't say that you were peasants... I just said it was kind of stupid to post the link a list of Java bot developers with one or two SRL people on the SRL forum. If there was anything actually edifying on powerbot, I would have an account.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I didn't say that you were peasants... I just said it was kind of stupid to post the link a list of Java bot developers with one or two SRL people on the SRL forum. If there was anything actually edifying on powerbot, I would have an account.
    But you did say they were a matrix of cyberwaste, sounds pretty much the same to me.

Once again, this isn't a 'list of Java bot developers'. It's a list of people who've done something significant for the RS cheating scene. In addition to Java coders, there are also numerous people from SRL, SCAR, hell even AR.

The reason I posted it here; is because this community is obviously older that powerbot and I assumed it would be able to provide some more information. With the exception of Flight and Coh3n, I was horribly mistaken.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

But you did say they were a matrix of cyberwaste, sounds pretty much the same to me.

Once again, this isn't a 'list of Java bot developers'. It's a list of people who've done something significant for the RS cheating scene. In addition to Java coders, there are also numerous people from SRL, SCAR, hell even AR.

The reason I posted it here; is because this community is obviously older that powerbot and I assumed it would be able to provide some more information. With the exception of Flight and Coh3n, I was horribly mistaken.
    Evosonic - developed another version of RuneBot, the name of which I have forgotten
    Fasga - had nothing to do with the RS cheating scene but was a very talented programmer. I met him in Dodian's early days, as one of the first few public RSPS. Ran his own educational website for programming (Codefasga.com, does it still exist?).

wot? These people are just two that I saw from the list as I fast scrolled. Mind you that as I scrolled I felt myself being transferred to another dimension known as the Matrix. I met Neo, and he said that I had to confront whoever was responsible for the bombardment of irrelevance that had been introduced to his world.
    Like seriously, make a standard for who qualifies. If the bot had a community of 10000+ and lived for longer than 6 months, I would say it is worthy. Most of those half developed bots probably never had more than 100 active users and at best had the maturity of the powerbot forums.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Fasga was one of the first people to use the asm lib in an updater and he made his own bytecode lib, although that's nothing major . I have a copy of it knocking around some where.
    Last edited by Cov; 07-01-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

I thought I was fairly well clear on who should be removed... I mean there was like a 4 post discussion with that Cov fellow, where we discussed how simple script writers (especially that of merely a miner) really didn't need recognition in that type of scenario.

It's a slippery slope when you start to let in someone low tier like a script writer (this includes someone like myself), because that changes the entire tiering for who even deserves that kind of recognition - a script IS NOT remotely comparable to a whole botting framework or anything of the sort. And the fact that a miner gets recognition, as well as other non-descript scripters, is a part of the slippery slope. Why let in low-tier scripters (miner being one of the easier things to script) and ignore all the higher tier scripters (with me even having named one).

I thought that was all fairly well clear and described in my prior messages...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

I should be on list because I'm grats.
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grats View Post
    I should be on list because I'm grats.
    I support this suggestion.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    hoodz, Krazy_Meerkat and elfyyy - The thread on powerbot gives these three the title of "creators and developers of SRL's reflection include for Simba over at Villavu". This is true if the statement refers to the current OSR-Reflection. Actually, the majority the current OSR-Reflection include is just based off the old, original SRL-Reflection include, which can still be seen here. This was maintained by Drakan? (I've forgotten his original name), Pyroryan, Mormonman, and I believe some others had a hand in building it, such as Nava2 and Naike. If I remember what Pyroryan told me before Naike played a big role in this but I don't know personally.
    I didn't actually do a lot of work on SRL Reflection unless you count supplying the hooks and giving advice when it came to getting data from the client. Naike was the one who convinced me to help rebuild SRL Reflection and he was the one largely involved with programming the pascal side of things. Eventually others were brought on and people moved on with life.
    Most of my contribution to the RS cheating community is done through private channels rather than publicly anyways.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

hoodz, Krazy_Meerkat and elfyyy - The thread on powerbot gives these three the title of "creators and developers of SRL's reflection include for Simba over at Villavu". This is true if the statement refers to the current OSR-Reflection. Actually, the majority the current OSR-Reflection include is just based off the old, original SRL-Reflection include, which can still be seen here. This was maintained by Drakan? (I've forgotten his original name), Pyroryan, Mormonman, and I believe some others had a hand in building it, such as Nava2 and Naike. If I remember what Pyroryan told me before Naike played a big role in this but I don't know personally.
    I was a bit annoyed that NKN got credited with making Reflection's updater when I only sourced his .Jar Downloader.. The credit should go to N3ss3s, Frement, Sirenia, NKN and myself (As stated in Hooks.Simba) because those were the contributors to our updater (even though I put everything together and maintain it with Frement's help).
    It would be great if someone knew anything about the previous updater from SRL-Reflection. There doesn't seem to be any info about it (even in the reflection sub-forum)..
    Also flight, the majority of the OSR-Reflection include is not copied from the old SRL-Reflection include. Some of it is the same or relatively similar to the old methods. Many functions in the current include were not in the old reflection include and some functions they had are no longer possible in the new include. You might say that it's like Aerolib because we didn't want to "Take-over" the official include, we only wanted to make a reflection include which functions in OSR and offers Anti-Random support. We basically started from scratch and added any old functions which were useful (giving credit ofc) and still applicable (most of which needed modifying to work with the current hooks/client). All the solvers are made by us.

It was also a bit sad to see how little was known about the old SRL developers and well known SRL-scripters such as StarBlaster100, RsN, pups and Lorax who rarely get a mention anywhere, even though they contributed some amazing functions and inspired others to do the same..
    Last edited by Krazy_Meerkat; 07-09-2014 at 06:59 AM.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Not sure how no one knows who wrote the old updater (one of them at least)..

It was written by: Iamadam. That I am sure of. I think it's still on google too. I don't know about includes and updaters for SRL but I can't see it being too hard with hooks from JH.

Edit: https://code.google.com/p/simba-reflection-updater/
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-09-2014 at 01:59 PM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_Meerkat View Post
    It was also a bit sad to see how little was known about the old SRL developers and well known SRL-scripters such as StarBlaster100, RsN, pups and Lorax who rarely get a mention anywhere, even though they contributed some amazing functions and inspired others to do the same..
    As with what Kevin was talking about above if the intentions of this thread were to name important scripters then of course it would be much bigger. This is directed towards programmers and their contribution to the RS cheating scene. I believe we could name names all day of script-writers or just important people in general who somehow made an impact on the SRL community.

Perhaps it wouldn't be such a crazy idea to create a thread honoring important people in SRL history and posting it somewhere on the forums.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

As with what Kevin was talking about above if the intentions of this thread were to name important scripters then of course it would be much bigger. This is directed towards programmers and their contribution to the RS cheating scene. I believe we could name names all day of script-writers or just important people in general who somehow made an impact on the SRL community.

Perhaps it wouldn't be such a crazy idea to create a thread honoring important people in SRL history and posting it somewhere on the forums.
    I like this idea - lots of history here!

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaman88 View Post
    I like this idea - lots of history here!
    Feel free to start it up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information