Thread: Chicken Killer / Feather Collect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Lightbulb Chicken Killer / Feather Collect

I know it sounds silly beings how you can get really cheap feathers from the Fisherman, however there is a cap on per day 1k buying from them.

So, I have a fletcher running right now and I noticed that Headless Shaft prices tanked, as a solution in efforts to maintain some decent income, the need to farm feathers is REAL.

Started the script, however im not understanding the scripting process very well even with coding experience. some help with it would be great.

There is potential.

filled in skeleton, alot of wait periods for trial mode.. came up with Error: Don't know which overloaded method to call with params (Int32, Int32, Int32, *unknown*, Int32) at line 37
    also took some thought and will add good anti-ban, and pathing whenever I learn and understand better of the scripting process

UPLOADED UPDATED!! IT WORKS kinda.. please help LOL
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dicheddarib; 03-08-2015 at 12:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107757

try reading this bro

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)

And this one if you're having a little trouble with the other link provided.

https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109161

Goodluck, champ.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Good for you that you had the drive to try and make the script! Keep at it, don't give up! Read online resources here, and ask specific questions when you hit a road block. Always try and solve things yourself though, there's nothing more rewarding than figuring out the problem you've been struggling with for hours!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    Good for you that you had the drive to try and make the script! Keep at it, don't give up! Read online resources here, and ask specific questions when you hit a road block. Always try and solve things yourself though, there's nothing more rewarding than figuring out the problem you've been struggling with for hours!
    Amen, bro.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

You finished that quick! Did it only take you that one night?

EDIT: Just looked at the script. Nevermind. lol, ill help you when i get on again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by o0Matthius0o View Post
    You finished that quick! Did it only take you that one night?

EDIT: Just looked at the script. Nevermind. lol, ill help you when i get on again.
    the struggle..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I am going to attempt to get this up tonight.

EDIT: Finished very rough draft, very basic, however im having troubles still understanding the error codes etc..

Error: Don't know which overloaded method to call with params (Int32, Int32, Int32, *unknown*, Int32) at line 37

reccomendations?
    Last edited by dicheddarib; 03-06-2015 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dicheddarib View Post

EDIT: Finished very rough draft, very basic, however im having troubles still understanding the error codes etc..

Error: Don't know which overloaded method to call with params (Int32, Int32, Int32, *unknown*, Int32) at line 37

reccomendations?
    You didnt fill in the parameters correctly. probably forgot a bracket somewhere.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dicheddarib View Post

reccomendations?
    That means you're passing incorrect parameter types (or amounts) to a function.

"Overloads" are functions within SRL that have the same name, but execute slightly differently and accept different parameters.

So, one function might have five overloads by the same name, and all you have to do to use the one you want is give it the correct parameters for the corresponding overload.

Most of the time, you probably won't even know you're using overloaded functions as they're put into SRL simply to make your life easier: things like accepting a TBox instead of xs, ys, xe, ye variables.

For instance:

Look at all those bankScreen.withdraw() overloads! They are awesome, because they allow us to withdraw by DTM, BMP, slot, mouse-over text... all we need to do is pass the correct params.

At any rate, you error is due to you passing the wrong paramaters to an overloaded function. The script looks at every possible overload for that function - but the combination of parameters you're using doesn't match any of them! SRL freaks out at throws an error.

The fact that you've got an unknown paramater in there means you've probably got it right, but just typed something wrong or missed a bracket at Matthius said. Go to line 37 and see if there's anything glaringly obvious. If you can't get it, post the line here and we can help you out.
    Last edited by KeepBotting; 03-07-2015 at 02:49 AM.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

So I actually looked at the code and found the problem. Basically you forgot/didn't put a comma after a paramater(aka a number or word)
    Simba Code:
    mainscreen.findObject(x,  y, 725853, 10  ['Chicken'], MOUSE_LEFT);
    //Change this to this:              //look right here, I added a comma after 10
    mainscreen.findObject(x,  y, 725853, 10,  ['Chicken'],  MOUSE_LEFT);
    You also did that with the other mainscreen.findObject in the the script.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I got the script to run without errors.. so thats a plus. however, how do i get it to work through SMART?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

I may be wrong here but
    program new;
    {$DEFINE SMART}
    {$I SRL-6/SRL.simba}
    I'm still learning but I believe this is what you need. You can refer to this - https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109161

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trollcrank View Post
    So I actually looked at the code and found the problem. Basically you forgot/didn't put a comma after a paramater(aka a number or word)
    Simba Code:
    mainscreen.findObject(x,  y, 725853, 10  ['Chicken'], MOUSE_LEFT);
    //Change this to this:              //look right here, I added a comma after 10
    mainscreen.findObject(x,  y, 725853, 10,  ['Chicken'],  MOUSE_LEFT);
    You also did that with the other mainscreen.findObject in the the script.
    i updated the new script mind going and checking it out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    That means you're passing incorrect parameter types (or amounts) to a function.

"Overloads" are functions within SRL that have the same name, but execute slightly differently and accept different parameters.

So, one function might have five overloads by the same name, and all you have to do to use the one you want is give it the correct parameters for the corresponding overload.

Most of the time, you probably won't even know you're using overloaded functions as they're put into SRL simply to make your life easier: things like accepting a TBox instead of xs, ys, xe, ye variables.

For instance:

Look at all those bankScreen.withdraw() overloads! They are awesome, because they allow us to withdraw by DTM, BMP, slot, mouse-over text... all we need to do is pass the correct params.

At any rate, you error is due to you passing the wrong paramaters to an overloaded function. The script looks at every possible overload for that function - but the combination of parameters you're using doesn't match any of them! SRL freaks out at throws an error.

The fact that you've got an unknown paramater in there means you've probably got it right, but just typed something wrong or missed a bracket at Matthius said. Go to line 37 and see if there's anything glaringly obvious. If you can't get it, post the line here and we can help you out.

hey mind checking out the script? it works.. but only a little.. lol

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)

I think it'd work a little bit better if you use this more elaborate findObj function.

mainscreen.findObject(var ix, iy: integer; col, tol: integer; colSettings: TColorSettings; sortFrom: TPoint; objWidth, objHeight, minCount: integer; mouseOverText: TStringArray; mouseAction: integer = MOUSE_LEFT)

ix, iy: The coordinates of the object if found (note this is an output variable).
    col: The color to be found - this is the color from ACA.
    tol: The tolerance of the color - this is the HSL Tol from ACA.
    colSettings: The color settings are presented in parentheses (CTS, hue, sat) - these are from ACA.
    sortFrom: The TPoint where you want it to sort the array from (don't worry too much about this now - I explain this in my TPA/ATPA sub-tutorial below).
    objWidth: The width (in pixels) of the object you're trying to find.
    objHeight: The height (in pixels) of the object you're trying to find.
    minCount: The minimum number of pixel that must match your color on a single object.
    mouseOverText: The mouseOverText of the object.
    mouseAction: The action of the mouse. Default is MOUSE_LEFT, but you could also have MOUSE_RIGHT, MOUSE_MOVE.

To find the deposit box I'm going to use this:

mainscreen.findObject(x, y, 5270142, 5, colorSetting(2, 0.07, 0.15), mainscreen.playerPoint, 30, 50, 50, ['eposit', 'box'], MOUSE_LEFT)

I am searching for the color 5270142
    with a tolerance of 5
    I'm using CTS2 with a hue of 0.07 and sat of 0.15
    I'm sorting the matching TPoints from my player
    My object has a width of about 30 pixels
    My object has a height of about 50 pixels
    I want it to find at least 50 matching pixels
    The mouseOverText is 'eposit' or 'box'
    I'm left clicking the mouse (I could leave this blank as MOUSE_LEFT is actually default)
    I'm actually working on making this too. Though I can't figure out how to make it stop checking the same drop all of the time. Goodluck, mate.

Thread Information