Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you all train magic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deffailed View Post
    Aero magic pro
    +1 to this. Alching is great. Will give stun alching a go once I hit 80 magic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Splashing is the way to go
    I tried real life once, the graphics where great but the storyline was terrible.

What do these tags do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I did stun alching. Not all that expensive if you've got the supplies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Superheat, Alching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I would stun. Cursing is how I got to 70+ mage. Get you a mud battle staff and go to work!
    I used a script to curse at Jad non-stop, I wonder if there's still one working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I've gotten 4 99 magics with cursing for under 300k each. of course it's super slow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Can you really train a 99 stat for <300k? Even if you got body runes for 1gp surely that would still require more than 300k to do from 19-99. I'll probably drop the gold at some point to get 99 mage for all the teleports, really handy for skilling.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

I made like 10m plank making mahogany. And way more when I was tanning leather, but tanning is a bit slower getting the volume with decent margins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Crumble undead at twisted banshees

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

I ended up doing Lunar String make spell. Got over 2m exp in crafting and magic for a cost of like 1m. Was reletively fast (130-140k exp /hr combined) and has a mega low cost.

Check my signature for the script I was using.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

not hating dude but i know you said in another thread you got perm'd running your script right? it's probably best to be safe and mix it up with other training methods i assume?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by capint View Post
    not hating dude but i know you said in another thread you got perm'd running your script right? it's probably best to be safe and mix it up with other training methods i assume?
    Yeah think my ban was a mixture of things.

I had been temp banned prior to creating this script, so my account was obviously being watched. I used my account to create this script, so there might have been a few bank interactions that weren't the smoothest while I was working out the kinks etc. Was pretty solid by the end, but could still use a little TLC.

You should always change the mouse movements and interaction on a script that isn't private.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

I know you said you already made a script for magic, but another suggestion I have is tan leather. On my main I did the spell legit for some time, it takes a while sometimes to get the hides as there are buy limits and whatnot but you can actually make profit. The requirement is pretty steep though, Western Provinces Hard.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lolzea View Post
    I know you said you already made a script for magic, but another suggestion I have is tan leather. On my main I did the spell legit for some time, it takes a while sometimes to get the hides as there are buy limits and whatnot but you can actually make profit. The requirement is pretty steep though, Western Provinces Hard.
    Yeah I have seen green Dhides had a profit attached to them which was cool, but there would have been a lot of work getting the hard diary done. I hate agility >.>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Trust me I totally get that. I grinded 70 agility by hand twice now and have not wanted to even touch an agility course since.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Yeah it's certainly no fun. Sucks that there is no color agility bots. I am certainly not skilled enough to make one

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

I remember back in the day Ashaman08 made an agility bot that worked smoothly.

The way I have been training mage lately since I'm F2P for now is alching while RCing, I lose only a little bit of gold and since RC is such slow XP/hr I at least feel like I'm making progress.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sillyfrog View Post
    I remember back in the day Ashaman08 made an agility bot that worked smoothly.

The way I have been training mage lately since I'm F2P for now is alching while RCing, I lose only a little bit of gold and since RC is such slow XP/hr I at least feel like I'm making progress.
    That may be the Gnome Agility Course runner I believe he made before. I have a Ardougne Rooftop Agility runner that works great, using only color of course. And I've a few others in the works, I'll probably finish them via a private server.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Right now, you can train magic through lunar stringing, or bake pies, or spinning flax (which will make you a tiny bit of money). When training magic, I'm a firm believer that you should try minimize your loss, but then again gold is easy to come by.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    That may be the Gnome Agility Course runner I believe he made before. I have a Ardougne Rooftop Agility runner that works great, using only color of course. And I've a few others in the works, I'll probably finish them via a private server.
    How did u do agility in color?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    You're absolutely right it was. I stopped playing a few years ago and just got back into the game/community so I had to search for what the Rooftop Courses were. That's a great addition to the game. From what I have read, Agility is really hard to script in color. Not surprised of all people to make one, it is you Flight.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    How did u do agility in color?
    RSWalker to determine your player's location and DTMs paired with AeroLib's humanMMouseTxt to find obstacles. For movement I wouldn't go with isPlayerWalking(), which calculates pixelshift around the middle of the MM, because the majority of the MM is black; hard to detect pixelshift. Instead write a function that determines if you're walking based off MS pixelshift, like a small portion of the MS to save on time/CPU load. And I'll warn you now, you better brush up on your DTM skills as you'll be using these often in Agility scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyfrog View Post
    You're absolutely right it was. I stopped playing a few years ago and just got back into the game/community so I had to search for what the Rooftop Courses were. That's a great addition to the game. From what I have read, Agility is really hard to script in color. Not surprised of all people to make one, it is you Flight.
    The script I made was in fact written in SRL-OSR, before AL existed. Fast forward to AL and it was an easy convert given the similarities between the two includes. The biggest conversion was location detection. The SRL-OSR version used a combination of color-counting and DTMs on the MM to determine precise locations, which was later replaced simply by RSWalker. It's not too difficult to do if you're comfortable with RSWalker and DTMs, just use whatever you need to to handle each obstacle as it comes. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just has to work.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

1-43 Train magic with combat // Maybe with hoodzfighter ?
    43-55 superheat with AERO MAGIC
    55-66 fletch with hoodzfletcher and alch with AERO MAGIC
    66-99 fletch with hoodzfletcher and vulnerability,enfeeble,stun-alch with Hyperstunalch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

I Superheated for 99 smithing and magic only cost me around 60m worth 2 skills in 1 :P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

edit: also 19m magic xp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information