Thread: Questions about my first RS script

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Default Questions about my first RS script

I have spent most of the day working with Simba and learning how Lape is used to script with Runescape. I have come up with a script that works nicely but I have run into a problem.

My script is a Swamp Toad collector.
    What it does is runs from the south bank in Tree Gnome Village and goes to the gated swamp. It picks up an inventory of Toads and walks back to the south bank.
    I have added an Antiban procedure that is randomly called while the walking occurs. It randomly moves mouse and hovers over a random skill and it takes random 10 second breaks.

My main question is actually about SPS.

I have been using it to walk to the swamp area but I have been running into a couple of problems.
    For some reason the script will walk a couple of times to the designated area but then at random decides to walk to the very top right corner of tree gnome village. The script gets stuck there and will not do continue to do anything properly.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix that? I have checked the code multiple times and even changed the path multiple times but for some reason SPS will walk me to the top corner randomly.

I should point out that it happened the first time after 2 hours of the script running.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

your SPS map is too small, create a bigger map and your problem should be fixed.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    your SPS map is too small, create a bigger map and your problem should be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    ^Probably correct. Posting the map would let us know if that is indeed the case.
    Cannot post until mod OK's the picture, but it has the entire area of Tree Gnome Village, and then some are all inside it.
    Last edited by Shield; 09-30-2015 at 01:44 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StickToTheScript View Post
    @SHIELD added me on skype and asked me to post this as I do not know why SPS would be having this problem.

It's likely just way too big with too many similar colors. OP, try using minimap symbols to walk instead? Or combine it with SPS?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yourule97 View Post
    It's likely just way too big with too many similar colors. OP, try using minimap symbols to walk instead? Or combine it with SPS?
    I've tried with a smaller map but for some reason that won't work either. From what I've read, you can only walk with specific symbols, like banks and quest symbols, and not with ordinary tree symbols. There are very few symbols in the path I take.

My question is if it would be easier to walk to the tree to the east and bank above there.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

I've switched paths and it is working well. I have had troubles with the Door to the ladder so I am reading through Camel's tutorial about using stationary objects to find the object you're looking for.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

My SPS for Swamptoads works perfectly, It always runs like 1-3 tiles off ladder.
    I also started making it like 4 days ago haha.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

I am also curious on if there is any way that the script can detect if there is someone else on the screen preferably using the minimap, unless there is a function/procedure that is already built into the include and I havent been able to come across it.

Quote Originally Posted by YouPee View Post
    My SPS for Swamptoads works perfectly, It always runs like 1-3 tiles off ladder.
    I also started making it like 4 days ago haha.
    Do you think it would be possible for me to get a copy of your map?
    Last edited by Shield; 09-30-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SHIELD View Post
    I am also curious on if there is any way that the script can detect if there is someone else on the screen preferably using the minimap, unless there is a function/procedure that is already built into the include and I havent been able to come across it.

Do you think it would be possible for me to get a copy of your map?
    Not if you decide to release it to pub. Cus then im screwed

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YouPee View Post
    Not if you decide to release it to pub. Cus then im screwed
    Lol. I wouldn't publicly release the script. The economy would crash!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

swamp toads are like 200k/hr aren't they? haha if you haven't, you can also try using spsblindwalk i'm using that in most of my script and it work like a charm

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

they are like 600k rs3
    The good thing about it is you dont need base resources, so you can army that shit without needing to refill something.

Thread Information