Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1956

Thread: How to install/setup Simba for RS3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

So i'm running into a problem with Simba, most likely user error as most are. But Simba keeps going back to default every time i open it back up. I.E no extensions are set and some times there is no extensions at all listed when I go to check them on and re-update them. Additionally, i run into another frequent problem when i try to use the Player Manager app, once i open it sometimes it will crash Simba. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

@Coh3n

Im not sure if this is my fault or not, but when I attempt to download the windows installer from here i run into a problem while opening it.

I get a popup saying
    Code:
    The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.
    I am just trying to do a fresh install, but its been giving me these issues lately.

Does this happen for anyone else?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StickToTheScript View Post
    @Coh3n

Im not sure if this is my fault or not, but when I attempt to download the windows installer from here i run into a problem while opening it.

I get a popup saying
    Code:
    The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.
    I am just trying to do a fresh install, but its been giving me these issues lately.

Does this happen for anyone else?
    Fairly sure this is a known problem with its own thread. I'll link if I find it.

Edit: Didn't take long, first search; http://villavu.com/forum/showthread....ight=corrupted
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    Fairly sure this is a known problem with its own thread. I'll link if I find it.

Edit: Didn't take long, first search; http://villavu.com/forum/showthread....ight=corrupted
    Thanks man. Should have searched for it. My bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Hi,

I just came back to srl on a new computer and I have difficulties installing Simba again.
    I'm also running Windows 8 (on a 64bit laptop), like the guy above I can't install because the install file is corrupted.
    Using this link I'm able to download the 64bit installer, when installed, there is no exstensions menu.
    When I download the 32 bit version (according to the guide) the exstension menu is there, but there are no extensions. After forcing Simba to update, it gives a message that there is an error loading the program after restarting.

I don't know what else I can try.
    Thanks in advance.
    bones heal, pain is temporary, glory lasts forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

i downloaded and installed simba, i updated it and such and i dont have a SRL-6 folder in the includes, just a SRL.
    Exception in Script: File "srl-6/srl.simba" not found at line 3, column 5
    thats my error, i tried to rename the folder and such and nothing happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

bmxerke, i had the same issue, i just downloaded a previous version then updated it and i had all my extensions again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by muffinheadstatus View Post
    bmxerke, i had the same issue, i just downloaded a previous version then updated it and i had all my extensions again.
    Thanks, this worked, although I'm not able to run any script atm, getting some errors I never heard about.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bmxerke View Post
    Thanks, this worked, although I'm not able to run any script atm, getting some errors I never heard about.
    What kind of errors?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    What kind of errors?
    After updating the exstensions and restarting Simba it gave an error that the program was damaged and closed.
    It seems that the installer for version 1.0 isn't corrupted anymore and I succesfully installed Simba now, and updated everything.
    I'm going to try and run a script, I'll post if I run into any errors.

Thanks for replying anyway

Edit: Yo Coh3n The only thing I have issues with now is selecting Open gl.
    I can click on it, it says: "Your graphics have been changed, Do you want to keep this setting?" I click yes, but DirectX is still active.
    None of the guides could really help me, I made a Path with jre(1st) and jdk(2nd) but still no open gl.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)

I run a 32-bit version of windows and have no way to install Simba right now!

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Edit: Yo Coh3n The only thing I have issues with now is selecting Open gl.
    I can click on it, it says: "Your graphics have been changed, Do you want to keep this setting?" I click yes, but DirectX is still active.
    None of the guides could really help me, I made a Path with jre(1st) and jdk(2nd) but still no open gl.
    So you're not given any error? That's odd. Have you tried loading it in OpenGL in your browser?

Quote Originally Posted by grahambr View Post
    I run a 32-bit version of windows and have no way to install Simba right now!
    I'm confused. Is having 32-bit Windows somehow preventing your from installing Simba? Because it shouldn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

So you're not given any error? That's odd. Have you tried loading it in OpenGL in your browser?
    Like I told you in a PM I'm not able to run any script in SMART and I won't be able to run unless Intel releases a graphic driver updat for my Windows 8.
    I'm not a complete fool when it comes to computers, but I know there is no solution for my problem.

Anyways, I'm running my script in browser mode useing DirectX.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Like I told you in a PM I'm not able to run any script in SMART and I won't be able to run unless Intel releases a graphic driver updat for my Windows 8.
    I'm not a complete fool when it comes to computers, but I know there is no solution for my problem.

Anyways, I'm running my script in browser mode useing DirectX.
    Oh, sorry! I get a lot of PMs and don't always remember them.

Brandon is working on a DirectX plugin for SMART, so hopefully you'll be able to use SMART soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Default Is it possible to *NOT* use SMART?

Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

Is there a way to not use SMART with the new updates? I've updated everything and the scripts i've tried work with SMART, but before the SRL6 update, I was able to run simba without SMART if I wanted to, is this not possible yet with the new updates?

When I comment out the appropriate lines in the scripts and tell simba to use either the actual runescape client or a web brower using the "select a client" button, I get this every time:

Compiled successfully in 1965 ms.
    -- setupSRL()
    ---- Setting up SRL...
    ---- HINT: You are not using SMART, be sure to use Simba's crosshairs to select the RS client.
    ---- Waiting up to 5 minutes for RS to load...

then it counts down the 5 mins then ends the script.

Am I missing something?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by relics View Post
    Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

Is there a way to not use SMART with the new updates? I've updated everything and the scripts i've tried work with SMART, but before the SRL6 update, I was able to run simba without SMART if I wanted to, is this not possible yet with the new updates?

When I comment out the appropriate lines in the scripts and tell simba to use either the actual runescape client or a web brower using the "select a client" button, I get this every time:

Compiled successfully in 1965 ms.
    -- setupSRL()
    ---- Setting up SRL...
    ---- HINT: You are not using SMART, be sure to use Simba's crosshairs to select the RS client.
    ---- Waiting up to 5 minutes for RS to load...

then it counts down the 5 mins then ends the script.

Am I missing something?
    Did you load RS in your browser and select the client using Simba's crosshairs?

You also need to be in DirectX graphics mode. We just recently found out that this works, and I haven't had the chance to add it to this guide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Did you load RS in your browser and select the client using Simba's crosshairs?

You also need to be in DirectX graphics mode. We just recently found out that this works, and I haven't had the chance to add it to this guide.
    Yes, I've used the crosshairs after rs was loaded, but i've been on opengl this whole time so I'm going to try directx now, thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Yes, I've used the crosshairs after rs was loaded, but i've been on opengl this whole time so I'm going to try directx now, thanks!
    And directx fixed it! thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Oh, sorry! I get a lot of PMs and don't always remember them.

Brandon is working on a DirectX plugin for SMART, so hopefully you'll be able to use SMART soon.
    Haha ok no problem
    Good luck with adding the plugin, but I just need a few levels so I'll be using Simba for a short term period.
    The only stupid thing is that I can't use my laptop to work on anything else while running Simba :P

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

And directx fixed it! thanks!
    Good.

Haha ok no problem
    Good luck with adding the plugin, but I just need a few levels so I'll be using Simba for a short term period.
    The only stupid thing is that I can't use my laptop to work on anything else while running Simba :P
    Yeah that's kind of a pain. You could use a virtual machine if you wanted to work at the same time, but if you're only using Simba for a short period it might not be worth it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)

I'm confused. Is having 32-bit Windows somehow preventing your from installing Simba? Because it shouldn't.

well the 32-bit installer download link is broken right now and the 64-bit one does not work for 32-bit..
    Last edited by Spartan 117; 12-22-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

After updating the exstensions and restarting Simba it gave an error that the program was damaged and closed.
    It seems that the installer for version 1.0 isn't corrupted anymore and I succesfully installed Simba now, and updated everything.
    I'm going to try and run a script, I'll post if I run into any errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by grahambr View Post
    well the 32-bit installer download link is broken right now and the 64-bit one does not work for 32-bit..
    Have you tried downloading it recently?

E: If it's still corrupt, you can download the latest version from here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

So I'm getting the waiting for Rs to load like other people on here. I tried switching to DirectX for my browser and opengl for smart, but either way I still get the 5 minutes, and it terminates. Any help would be appreciated
    "We don’t want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn’t affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape"
    - Jagex Ltd. 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dragonbotz View Post
    So I'm getting the waiting for Rs to load like other people on here. I tried switching to DirectX for my browser and opengl for smart, but either way I still get the 5 minutes, and it terminates. Any help would be appreciated
    Are you in fixed size?

Everything is working fine for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Have you tried downloading it recently?

E: If it's still corrupt, you can download the latest version from here.
    Yes, I downloaded it a couple of days ago and it wasn't corrupted anymore.

Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread Information