Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Object DTMs: A Walking/Positioning System

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    That's what I like to hear. It'll take some time and many, many new SMARTs/clients loaded but indeed it's very possible. Let me know how your progress is coming along and if there's anything I can do to help. At the moment I'm just trying to work on the object records as they'll be the most difficult to finish.

Yes they are indeed. Take a look at the two ACA's I've had opened for the past 4 days or so, 1 is for gathering the ladder colors and the other is for boulders. You can see the big difference between each color. Each color (basically) represents a new client loaded. That is how dynamic these colors are.

I will certainly let you know if there is anything with which you can help. If you are interested in updating the records then that would be an excellent place to start. To be honest, that looks pretty standard as far as number of required colors to grab is concerned.
    [10/14/13:19:03] <BenLand100> this is special relatively, just cleverly disguised with yachts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

Can you tell me what does AvgTol means? I'm editing the record for my own use. Updated the trees colors, made a palm tree record, now updating the rocks. And it's working good so far, hope color doesn't change too much.

As well as AvgNumOfPoints please.
    Last edited by Haxz; 05-15-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haxz View Post
    Can you tell me what does AvgTol means? I'm editing the record for my own use. Updated the trees colors, made a palm tree record, now updating the rocks. And it's working good so far, hope color doesn't change too much.

As well as AvgNumOfPoints please.
    First, AvgNumOfPoints is what it says, the average number of points. This refers to the length of the TPA of each object DTM.

An example, you're looking for boulders on the minimap. You search for the color and that is split into, roughly, 5x5 boxes, and you've found 3 of those, 3 boulders. One contains 18 points (of the dark gray color), the second contains 26 and the third contains 33 points. So your "AvgNumOfPoints" would be about 26 with the "AvgTol" being 8. So when the actual object-finding function works it'll split the object color and search each separate TPA to make sure the length of the TPA = "AvgNumOfPoints" with a tolerance +/- "AvgTol". A literal example would be:
    Simba Code:
    if inRange(length(TPA[i]), AvgNumOfPoints - AvgTol, AvgNumOfPoints + AvgTol) then
        This_TPA_is_a_boulder;

This is done so if someone on the minimap, that contains that exact color, has too much or too little color in the H/W area then it's not counted as an ObjectDTM. I hope that makes sense!

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    First, AvgNumOfPoints is what it says, the average number of points. This refers to the length of the TPA of each object DTM.

An example, you're looking for boulders on the minimap. You search for the color and that is split into, roughly, 5x5 boxes, and you've found 3 of those, 3 boulders. One contains 18 points (of the dark gray color), the second contains 26 and the third contains 33 points. So your "AvgNumOfPoints" would be about 26 with the "AvgTol" being 8. So when the actual object-finding function works it'll split the object color and search each separate TPA to make sure the length of the TPA = "AvgNumOfPoints" with a tolerance +/- "AvgTol". A literal example would be:
    Simba Code:
    if inRange(length(TPA[i]), AvgNumOfPoints - AvgTol, AvgNumOfPoints + AvgTol) then
        This_TPA_is_a_boulder;

This is done so if someone on the minimap, that contains that exact color, has too much or too little color in the H/W area then it's not counted as an ObjectDTM. I hope that makes sense!
    Thanks for the explanation! Now I know where I've done wrong. Thank you very much!

EDIT: I'm gonna treat ObjDTM as a backup walking method, expecting good news from your progress with Reflection/Injection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Will this be updated to use SRL-6? Because I downloaded it and it couldn't compile because it wasn't using SRL-6

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

In theory, yes, though the deciding factor is the amount of free time I have.
    [10/14/13:19:03] <BenLand100> this is special relatively, just cleverly disguised with yachts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Please update it if you have the free time
    I'll help too!! Just tell me what to do
    I'd rather use this over SPS and the likes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

hey i've downloaded the objectdtm thingy through the link provided. The problem is that it got downloaded as a text. I tried changing the file name to .sex instead of the .sex.txt it originally got downloaded as. But the extension still did not pop up in the extension list. what's wrong? Really need and appreciate all the help i can get. thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

it's okay.. realised that it was the browser problem.. used chrome instead of safari and everything worked out fine

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by obradley View Post
    it's okay.. realised that it was the browser problem.. used chrome instead of safari and everything worked out fine
    Glad to hear you got it worked out, but at this time the project is in a less-than-usable state. Hopefully this summer I can come in and rewrite it.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread Information