Thread: Level 3-40 botting

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Default Level 3-40 botting

Do you guys reckon its lower ban rate if you're botting as level 40 instead of level 3?
    Can't wait to hear answers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

EDIT: I personally get my acc to 10 str def att then bot, but what do you guys prefer?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)

Probably don't need 2 posts within 1 minute.

Also I just bot on level 3's.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GetHyper View Post
    Probably don't need 2 posts within 1 minute.

Also I just bot on level 3's.
    Jokes on you, the forums have a 60 second cool down in between posts haha

Also I prefer to have accounts that have multiple levels in numerous skills rather than a fresh account straight off the tutorial, maybe even a few quests. I'm actually considering developing a script that does it all just so that I don't need to do it manually.
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srlMW View Post
    Jokes on you, the forums have a 60 second cool down in between posts haha

Also I prefer to have accounts that have multiple levels in numerous skills rather than a fresh account straight off the tutorial, maybe even a few quests. I'm actually considering developing a script that does it all just so that I don't need to do it manually.
    Welllllllll I was only looking at the timings 8.54 & 8.55

That would be a pretty helpful script for farmers if they feel a few levels help, good luck to you my sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I always start after I get some levels people don't seem to watch you as closely. I find when someone sees a level 3 skilling they straight away yell bot.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dodo View Post
    I always start after I get some levels people don't seem to watch you as closely. I find when someone sees a level 3 skilling they straight away yell bot.
    That is the sad truth, though if your script is good enough it wont matter... but it's better to be safe than sorry.
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    200 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akela View Post
    Do you guys reckon its lower ban rate if you're botting as level 40 instead of level 3?
    Can't wait to hear answers.
    Higher if combat bot is low quality. Personally i just bot on lvl 4's because doing minigame got combat and lvl 15's because reviously botted spider eggs, also got few ex-drags bots with 40-100 cmb Ban rates same for all in a long run in Rs3. In osrs different story.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

My experience (5+ years) with botting is that level of a bot does not matter. What matters is how the script is written.

P1nky

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

The last time I was gold farming (nature runes) I had a batch of accounts that botted combat & then got pouches, and another batch that got straight to runespan to start making money. It seemed like ban rates were the same, 3 weeks average from the start of nature runecrafting. Not sure about current rates, I'll know in a few weeks I guess.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justln View Post
    The last time I was gold farming (nature runes) I had a batch of accounts that botted combat & then got pouches, and another batch that got straight to runespan to start making money. It seemed like ban rates were the same, 3 weeks average from the start of nature runecrafting. Not sure about current rates, I'll know in a few weeks I guess.
    Congrats on spamming to Jr. Mems!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Haha Ross, gotta love the spam. I have a small library of screenshots of things like this:

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yourule97 View Post
    Haha Ross, gotta love the spam. I have a small library of screenshots of things like this:
    At least he put effort into his posts and didn't grave bump...

E: I only viewed a few posts, inb4 I'm wrong by a mile
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srlMW View Post
    At least he put effort into his posts and didn't grave bump...

E: I only viewed a few posts, inb4 I'm wrong by a mile
    Didn't 'spam' but yes I was aiming for 30 posts. At least I didn't grave dig

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Thanks Ross! Feel free to reply & quote this so we can both continue spamming our post counts up together!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justln View Post
    Didn't 'spam' but yes I was aiming for 30 posts. At least I didn't grave dig
    Quote Originally Posted by yourule97 View Post
    The post count requirement overall encourages spamming, rather than worthwhile posts. The promotion is supposed to happen passively as a result of being helpful and active overtime. It's worked great for some, while others are magically 'active' until 30. Hence why I don't release better scripts to Juniors much anymore. FYI to SSRL+ and some others, derepping prevents the junior promotion from happening.

Anyways, on topic: I think your level doesn't really matter as much as the gear you are wearing, your username, and your behavior. There are many level 3 skillers.

Consider if someone saw: sjfgskfjstye (level: XX) with full rune, whip, and anti-dragon shield. Instantly reported.
    As opposed to InterestingName (level: XX) with bandos, whip, and upgraded dragonfire shield. Looks much more like a real player.

I still don't understand why all mass gold farmers can't spend 2-3 minutes customizing their usernames to be real, gear loadout (there are many options besides rune), and appearance. Players can see at a glance who is botting because the stereotypes are completely reinforced.
    Last edited by Clarity; 07-02-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    The post count requirement overall encourages spamming, rather than worthwhile posts. The promotion is supposed to happen passively as a result of being helpful and active overtime. It's worked great for some, while others are magically 'active' until 30. Hence why I don't release better scripts to Juniors much anymore. FYI to SSRL+ and some others, derepping prevents the junior promotion from happening.

Anyways, on topic: I think your level doesn't really matter as much as the gear you are wearing, your username, and your behavior. There are many level 3 skillers.

Consider if someone saw: sjfgskfjstye (level: XX) with full rune, whip, and anti-dragon shield. Instantly reported.
    As opposed to InterestingName (level: XX) with bandos, whip, and upgraded dragonfire shield. Looks much more like a real player.

I still don't understand why all mass gold farmers can't spend 2-3 minutes customizing their usernames to be real, gear loadout (there are many options besides rune), and appearance. Players can see at a glance who is botting because the stereotypes are completely reinforced.
    As someone who can give some insight into this. I have a program I wrote to create accounts and it just spams fieowjfiojsdij or something like that. But those accounts are only meant to last over the weekend, which they always due banned Monday as normal. That is there only purpose. I also have other accounts that are realistic names, stats etc. They last about 2 months normally. It does make a HUGE difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Agreed, lots of bans are done manually nowadays.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

It does come down to a good script. Getting reported is a bug factor though.
    Why join the navy if you can be a pirate? -Steve Jobs

Thread Information