Thread: Banned for auto clicking?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Default Banned for auto clicking?

I was wondering how many of you, if any, have gotten banned for auto clicking (just a plain ol' auto clicker) or if you've known for sure of anyone getting banned from auto clicking. I personally know of a friend that has gotten over 100m mage xp from auto clicking. I have also auto clicked millions of mage xp and have never been banned. So have my friends.

The reason I am especially concerned now is because I was banned for using an alching bot today and after my two day bot busting moderate ban is up I plan on auto clicking. Do you guys think i'll get banned for just using an auto clicker this time? I am regretting using an actual bot for something as simple as alching.

Thank's for any and all comments. Hope to see some constructive posts.

Jax
    Last edited by Jax; 07-30-2013 at 03:07 AM.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

I used an autoclicker (with a bits randomness in between clicks) for teleporting and alching, ran that for 6h+. BUT this was before the massive banwave/botystem upgrade. RS botting is a bit unsafe at the moment.

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Hi Sjoe. Thank's for your comment.

Was this on EoC or Old School?

Also, where would I be able to find this auto clicker that you used? Most clickers I find have no randomness. They just allow you to set an exact interval between clicks but it stays at that exact pace forever.

Jax

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

I wouldn't risk it. I have gotten rolled back using a mouse recorder that had 5 pixel off-set and random waits a while back

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Hi Sjoe. Thank's for your comment.

Was this on EoC or Old School?

Also, where would I be able to find this auto clicker that you used? Most clickers I find have no randomness. They just allow you to set an exact interval between clicks but it stays at that exact pace forever.

Jax
    this was on Eoc. I used simba

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sjoe View Post
    this was on Eoc. I used simba
    Ah ok. Yeah I think that when it comes to alching, using a simple auto clicker that you find from cnet or gary's hood or wherever is actually safer than using an intelligent bot with randomness and antiban features.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Barbrady View Post
    I wouldn't risk it. I have gotten rolled back using a mouse recorder that had 5 pixel off-set and random waits a while back
    Still not exactly an auto clicker though.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Ah ok. Yeah I think that when it comes to alching, using a simple auto clicker that you find from cnet or gary's hood or wherever is actually safer than using an intelligent bot with randomness and antiban features.
    What makes u say that? like to hear your reasoning

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

In OSRS my very first bot I made ground chocolate, and I used some sort of linux macro program that basically recorded key+mouse presses, I botted this for ~2-3hrs and did not get banned. Although that was OSRS, and it wasn't a super long amount of time either.

@Jax did you use Simba when you got banned, or PB etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sjoe View Post
    What makes u say that? like to hear your reasoning
    Well it's just my opinion of course, but it seems that auto clicking is generally regarded as being pretty safe in runescape.

I, along with many friends of mine, have auto clicked on different accounts for years and have never gotten banned.

Today I got banned after a few hours of using an actual alching bot instead of a simple auto clicker.

Maybe Jagex sees intelligent botting software as a serious threat, and a simple auto clicker as not so serious of a threat. Much like they don't see auto typing as a serious threat and hence auto typing is pretty safe as long as you use it responsibly (such as in w2 for buying and selling).

One thing to consider is Jagex's auto detection systems. Wouldn't a simple, unsophisticated auto clicker be the easiest thing for Jagex to detect? Of course it is. But then why don't players get banned as often from using such auto clickers? I have no statistics but I am quite sure that it is a very popular method of training magic. Jagex just doesn't seem to take as much action against a simple auto clicker. Maybe they can't prove whether or not it's an actual human, however un-humanlike it is?

Just my thoughts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrChill View Post
    In OSRS my very first bot I made ground chocolate, and I used some sort of linux macro program that basically recorded key+mouse presses, I botted this for ~2-3hrs and did not get banned. Although that was OSRS, and it wasn't a super long amount of time either.

@Jax did you use Simba when you got banned, or PB etc.
    Interesting.

Yes I was using Simba. Specifically "Cathering's AutoAlch". I ran it for about 7 hours straight. I was surprised I got banned because it is a very good script (great antiban and randomness).

EDIT: SORRY NOT 7 HOURS, 5 HOURS. THEN IT LOGGED ME BACK IN FOR ANOTHER 2 HOURS.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Interesting.

Yes I was using Simba. Specifically "Cathering's AutoAlch". I ran it for about 7 hours straight. I was surprised I got banned because it is a very good script (great antiban and randomness).

EDIT: SORRY NOT 7 HOURS, 5 HOURS. THEN IT LOGGED ME BACK IN FOR ANOTHER 2 HOURS.
    Theres a good chance it was manual

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Well it's just my opinion of course, but it seems that auto clicking is generally regarded as being pretty safe in runescape.

I, along with many friends of mine, have auto clicked on different accounts for years and have never gotten banned.

Today I got banned after a few hours of using an actual alching bot instead of a simple auto clicker.

Maybe Jagex sees intelligent botting software as a serious threat, and a simple auto clicker as not so serious of a threat. Much like they don't see auto typing as a serious threat and hence auto typing is pretty safe as long as you use it responsibly (such as in w2 for buying and selling).

One thing to consider is Jagex's auto detection systems. Wouldn't a simple, unsophisticated auto clicker be the easiest thing for Jagex to detect? Of course it is. But then why don't players get banned as often from using such auto clickers? I have no statistics but I am quite sure that it is a very popular method of training magic. Jagex just doesn't seem to take as much action against a simple auto clicker. Maybe they can't prove whether or not it's an actual human, however un-humanlike it is?

Just my thoughts.
    When were you and "many other friends" doing this autoclicking? Because for a while up until quite recently there were ~0 bans while people used Simba also.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Barbrady View Post
    Theres a good chance it was manual
    That's true. I was, afterall, in PC bank world 2 lol. But there were so many people under me and in that bank...

Thread Information