Thread: I'm back!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Default I'm back!

Hey SRL, some of you probably noticed that i've been gone (hopefully :P). I'm in my last year of high school and i've had a TON of assignments, tests, and final exam prep going on which resulted in my inactivity. I recently got accepted to the University of Toronto for the Computer Science program which i'm super excited about, so I have one less thing to worry about. I haven't logged into RS for almost 6-7 months. What changes have been implemented? I don't plan to play, but i'd still like to be updated.

I've been playing ALOT of Civilization 5 with the Brave New World DLC. It's honestly one of my favorite game to play now. Has SRL moved to something else? I'd love to code for a game other than RS.

I've been learning to code apps for Android but I'm just waiting for my dad to buy me a phone to code on (I've been coding on a HTC Spice LOL). Anyone have any recommendations for a good Android phone? I've been considering the HTC One or the Nexus 5. Anything seems like an upgrade from my 4S.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

Welcome back Sin I know you don't know me but I know because of your scripts
    Can't say much about SRL and RuneScape, but I can talk about phones
    What phone you expecting to get? OnePlusOne? Moto?
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    193 Post(s)

gtfo ur not welcome here

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onilika View Post
    Welcome back Sin I know you don't know me but I know because of your scripts
    Can't say much about SRL and RuneScape, but I can talk about phones
    What phone you expecting to get? OnePlusOne? Moto?
    I remember you, dw!
    I don't really have a $ limit, but I'd like to go cheap if I could, since there's gonna be ALOT of other expenses for my dad (car for me, tuition, insurance, etc). Preferably no contract.
    The HTC One seems really good, but the Nexus 5 seems better. My choices aren't limited to those though. Any brand that runs Android is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    gtfo ur not welcome here
    I missed you to <3

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Heyyyyyy was just talking about you last night

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Welcome back!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Killer View Post
    Heyyyyyy was just talking about you last night
    Hehehe no leak we was talking shat

welcome back

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

In my opinion, I would say both nexus 5 and HTC M8 are great phones, and I've been thinking on them for a while. But since I'm so used to iPhone, I keep preffering my 5S. I'm not a fan of samsung. Of course they have some 'machines' there, I prefer a good quality of a phone ( materials ), and Samsung is not my thing.
    If I were you and, since you have an iPhone 4s, which I also had one and then upgraded to iPhone 5s, I would go for a OnePlus One, because it's good quality, and there is a great ration between specs/price. Of course Moto X would be my second choice! It's really gorgeous and wouldn't think twice buying it!
    But I would.. Stay also with the iPhone. Would be two completely different phones, 2 different languages, 2 different SO's.
    From apple last keynote, I got interested on learning the new language, since I like its SO and I always had the curiosity to do an app for these mobile devices! I only need to gather the money for a macbook so I could use the XCode6 haha

Oh we'll, you'll figure what smartphone fits you better. That was merely my opinion.

Best of luck, congratulations with the University of Toronto acceptance, and hope to hear from you soon!

~onilika
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onilika View Post
    In my opinion, I would say both nexus 5 and HTC M8 are great phones, and I've been thinking on them for a while. But since I'm so used to iPhone, I keep preffering my 5S. I'm not a fan of samsung. Of course they have some 'machines' there, I prefer a good quality of a phone ( materials ), and Samsung is not my thing.
    If I were you and, since you have an iPhone 4s, which I also had one and then upgraded to iPhone 5s, I would go for a OnePlus One, because it's good quality, and there is a great ration between specs/price. Of course Moto X would be my second choice! It's really gorgeous and wouldn't think twice buying it!
    But I would.. Stay also with the iPhone. Would be two completely different phones, 2 different languages, 2 different SO's.
    From apple last keynote, I got interested on learning the new language, since I like its SO and I always had the curiosity to do an app for these mobile devices! I only need to gather the money for a macbook so I could use the XCode6 haha

Oh we'll, you'll figure what smartphone fits you better. That was merely my opinion.

Best of luck, congratulations with the University of Toronto acceptance, and hope to hear from you soon!

~onilika
    The OnePlus One looks really interesting, but apparently it's only available after their second financial quarter... Quite frankly i'm sick of iPhones. I've had an iDevice for the past 5 years and the only thing that redeemed them was the fact that I had them jailbroken. I've heard that Google stopped production of the Moto X? Or am I mistaken?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    The OnePlus One looks really interesting, but apparently it's only available after their second financial quarter... Quite frankly i'm sick of iPhones. I've had an iDevice for the past 5 years and the only thing that redeemed them was the fact that I had them jailbroken. I've heard that Google stopped production of the Moto X? Or am I mistaken?
    Motorola (owned by Google) still has the moto X, G, and E on their mainpage. http://www.motorola.ca/

I've been wanting a moto G for awhile, it's a low spec & cost version of the moto x. Haven't heard about the moto E until now, going to look it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

The HTC One(M8) is the way to go for sure. I had the Galaxy S4 then got the newest HTC One. Two of my roommates have the Nexus 5 and I really think the HTC One is much better. I think they think it too haha. The HTC One looks really nice with the aluminum finish and the M8 came out like 5 months after the Nexus 5 so it has much better hardware.
    - My Scripts (Beginning to Update to SRL 6) -

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Welcome back!

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org
    I also get email notifications of private messages, though.

Simba (on Twitter | Group on Villavu | Website | Stable/Unstable releases
    Documentation | Source | Simba Bug Tracker on Github and Villavu )

My (Blog | Website)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

I also heard of something. Can't remember if they were talking about Nexus or Moto X. BUT I think they would stop Nexus production, and start a new model.. But I'm not 100% positive sure
    Last edited by onilika; 06-09-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Welcome :P

Congrats on Uni man!! UoT will be awesome no doubt! (Ever consider Computer Engineering?) I might be headed to Lakehead University in September so I'll have to pop on by (lol)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cause View Post

Congrats on Uni man!! UoT will be awesome no doubt! (Ever consider Computer Engineering?) I might be headed to Lakehead University in September so I'll have to pop on by (lol)
    Please do not take offensive. I mean no disrespect. But isn't lakehead one of the worst schools.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unfold View Post
    Please do not take offensive. I mean no disrespect. But isn't lakehead one of the worst schools.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Hello, even though I don't know you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Unfold View Post
    Yes...but I messed up my GPA and have to take what I can get

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cause View Post

I absolutely hate Physics and Chemistry, so Engineering won't be for me LOL.
    Definitely, hit me up with a PM and we'll hang out for a bit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Hey Sin! Nice post count. o.O

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truncheon View Post
    Hey Sin! Nice post count. o.O
    My post count is one of the few things i'm proud of in this world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

My post count is one of the few things i'm proud of in this world.
    Haha I'd be proud as well! Be careful when logging into RuneScape, addiction will come again quickly as I found out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome back

Thread Information