Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Fix To load RS3 In Smart + Recommended In Game Settings!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Default Quick Fix To load RS3 In Smart + Recommended In Game Settings!!

This Is by No Means an Official Fix, But due to the fact that the official fix won't be till end of summer. I figured I would post this to help others out

Note: Im using Smart7.2, Settings should be the same for all smart versions, but you might need to take the -1 off In SmartParams

Setting up Smart to load rs3 correctly:

Step 1.

Go to Includes folder, SRL, Then Open SRL.Simba

Go To line 194 and replace the current Line with
    Simba Code:
    SetTargetArray(SmartImageArray, 800, 600);
    (Old Code should look pretty much the same, just different params)

Step 2.

Go Includes folder, SRL, SRL, Misc Then Open SmartParams.Simba

Go To Line 292 or so and replace the old params with

Simba Code:
    Result := SmartSpawnClient(ReplaceWrap(PluginPath, '\', '/', [rfReplaceAll]), Params[0], ',' + Params[1], 800, 600, 's', '', '');
      {$ELSE}
      Result := SmartSpawnClient(ReplaceWrap(PluginPath, '\', '/', [rfReplaceAll]), Params[0], ',' + Params[1], 800, 600, 's', '', '', -1);

Thats it for Smart! It should now load re-sized Perfect to fit the new rs3

Setting Up the correct default Interface/Graphics For RS3 (best ones i have found so far)

Once you're logged in. Hit Esc and the Options Menu should Pop-up. Click the dropdown menu under "quick load layout" and Select "old school" Setting.

Also, click Interface Settings, And Slide Transparency all the way down to the LOWEST possible. This makes it so all your Interfaces(banking/inv) are NOT see-through. Which would make it ALOT harder to find objects.

Set "Hide Titlebar On Lock" and set "Use Thin Window layout". This Takes away ALOT of useless boarders -Credit to Brandon for noticing this :P

After that, just make sure you're in Safemode/fixed. And you should be good to go!

If you did it all correctly, it should look something like this below.

Feel free to post any other settings/suggestions that you find would work best as a good "default" base for everyone on SRL to use

Special thanks to @Kevin And @Sjoe for helping out with the Smart params :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List Of Top Things that need Fixing:
    1. Calling SetupSRL doesn't Work. Most likely due RSREADY being broken now. Fixed it!
    2. Login Colours all different, most likely Mousebox positions too. Fixed! Login now works with my include set.
    3. World Hopping and loggin out/lobbying needs Fixed. Im too tired to finish that today, will do tomorrow if no one else does!

List of things that work:
    1.World switching and lobby handling still does surprisingly, just needed minor colour changes.
    2. SPS Still works once you change the globals (vary person to person depending which layout you use)
    - Credit to Ian for testing this for me
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I added My Includes that currently work to log me in correctly. I HAVE NOT tested them very much, so they very well may be some bugs!
    Only Use my Includes if you have the SAME or very similar interface layout as me. Also i only recommend jr mems+ Using these for now, Still VERY MUCH a work in progress.
    If you have a different interface layout, you can still use my include set, just need to change some mousebox and Getcolour positions...But i added semi-detailed comments so it should be easy to do so!
    But they should work for you guys to build apon them and start scripting Feel free to post any additions or edits you made yourself to make them better!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Itankbots; 07-23-2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Added my Include set

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Good job on this

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Added List of things that needs fix to then bottom of the post. (Only added top priority ones, like Login and stuff)

Im Off to bed though, too tired. Ill look at them tomrrow.

Feel free to take a look yourselves, If you fix them , Please post and ill add it to the list of fixed Im sure everyone will appreciate it

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

now someone get sps walking working please lol

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Those are definitely not recommended settings.. Look how small that screen space is..

Press Escape then go to Interface. Set "Hide Titlebar On Lock" and set "Use Thin Window layout".
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Those are definitely not recommended settings.. Look how small that screen space is..

Press Escape then go to Interface. Set "Hide Titlebar On Lock" and set "Use Thin Window layout".
    I only had like an hour messing with it, that why I said please post things to make it better :P. Ty for input I shall add that

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

If anybody wants something for Mouseover text I made something: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104933

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Today I fixed Globals.simba/Players.simba To work with The setup show in my first post. Credit to BMWxi and others for helping me when i got stuck at certain spots :P

Along with Login.Simba (still need to Fix Logging out/ World hopping)

Once i Finish fixing The login include fully ill add it to the first post and release it for others to use. But remember, you need the EXACT Same setup as shown in my first post. Or the include wont work for you! And you will have to edit it on your own.

Hopefully ill finish it tonight, if not tomorrow at the latest and post an update. Cheers everyone

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Very nice work @Itankbots. I was going to get working on Players and Login.simba but it seems you've got it covered. Need anything done just let me know

Quick question though, am I being really stupid/blind/both? I can't see the button to logout anywhere with this layout!
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Very nice work @Itankbots. I was going to get working on Players and Login.simba but it seems you've got it covered. Need anything done just let me know

Quick question though, am I being really stupid/blind/both? I can't see the button to logout anywhere with this layout!
    It's in the very top right corner for me, it's tiny too.

If you don't see it there clicking in that spot should have the same effect. You can get it back by setting the interfaces to not go into slim mode.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Its really tiny in the upper right cornor, But jagex is changing the main way to get into all the Options menu by hitting 'esc' Now, that is easiest way to log out

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Cheers guys. Bit of a poor design if the button disappears in slim mode..?
    <3

I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Cheers guys. Bit of a poor design if the button disappears in slim mode..?
    Yeah, I think it's because the button picture was put onto the tab that gets minimized. I'm sure they'll fix it sometime though, this feels like a beta still.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itankbots View Post
    I added My Includes that currently work to log me in correctly. I HAVE NOT tested them very much, so they very well may be some bugs!
    Only Use my Includes if you have the SAME or very similar interface layout as me. Also i only recommend jr mems+ Using these for now, Still VERY MUCH a work in progress.
    If you have a different interface layout, you can still use my include set, just need to change some mousebox and Getcolour positions...But i added semi-detailed comments so it should be easy to do so!
    But they should work for you guys to build apon them and start scripting Feel free to post any additions or edits you made yourself to make them better!
    Keep up da good work!

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sjoe View Post
    Keep up da good work!
    Thanks Im off to bed for now... hopefully i come back and see someone else has posted some snippets too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)

what does the global.simba fix?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dzpliu View Post
    what does the global.simba fix?
    I would assume things like the MSX1, MIX1 constants etc.
    <3

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

@Itankbots, as Coh3n mentioned in this thread, we are really wanting people to not start writing unofficial includes as it will create an ugly fragmentation problem like we had with the P07Include. The SRL-6 release is not months away. You can follow the progress on the SRL-6 Github. After the beta release, if you have any suggestions, they will be much appreciated. Otherwise, I would highly recommend not putting too much time into this and instead be patient a little while longer.
    [10/14/13:19:03] <BenLand100> this is special relatively, just cleverly disguised with yachts

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

I added all of your include files and it still won't run anything... it targets correctly but nothing past that? Am I doing something wrong? It doesn't have any special features and doesn't use any interfaces in the entire script..
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph D View Post
    I added all of your include files and it still won't run anything... it targets correctly but nothing past that? Am I doing something wrong? It doesn't have any special features and doesn't use any interfaces in the entire script..
    You may need to fix RSReady yourself, his version is off for me by 20 pixels.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    You may need to fix RSReady yourself, his version is off for me by 20 pixels.
    even if I log in the character myself?
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph D View Post
    even if I log in the character myself?
    If you log the character in yourself you'll need to fix LoggedIn. It's fixed in almost the exact same way as RSReady. (Using GetColor to check if a certain point is a certain color)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Sorry, i had a 9hr doctors app yesterday and today im really sick from the long day

@euphemism I can take this down if you wish, i really am only making it for personal use, and few friends, to keep 1-2 of my scripts going while the main include is getting a full re-write. I only plan to update things i use, inv/banking/login. Nothing else. And sorry, i got the impression that coh3n said i could make an unofficial thread with it. and end of summer here is September, so that is a few months for me. Just let me know and ill do whatever that makes everyone happy Don't wanna cause mass confusion.

@Everyone else, this was my first semi,working version. Will only work if you have smart loaded to 800x600 and I already have a better one with fail-safes/ Better cords. Just too sick to finish it and upload it. Ill wait for Euphemism's/Another admin/mods reply before i upload new one tho.

any questions or need newest version you can always find me in unofficial SRL Skype group. Anyways im off to rest. Peace

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)

There's an unnoficial SRL skype group? How does one get invited to that? Do you have to be a member/junior member?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by serajin View Post
    There's an unnoficial SRL skype group? How does one get invited to that? Do you have to be a member/junior member?
    Most are mem+ , I'm not as you can see tho. You need an invite from @Justin

Feel free to add my Skype " Peter_knight2191". I'll help with what I can. ATM I'm busy with health issues tho, so expect slow response

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information