Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: [SRL-6] bonsaiFighter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Progress Report:
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //////////  Script runtime:                                                               //////////
    //////////       10 hr 6 min 34 sec(Total) 9 hr 49 min 34 sec(Active) 16 min 59 sec(Break)//////////
    //////////                                                                                //////////
    ////////////////////////////////////////        Kills       ////////////////////////////////////////
    //////////                             Total        Per Hour    /Hour Active              //////////
    //////////        fire-giant           2,761          273.11          280.99              //////////
    //////////                XP     1,172,872.8      116,017.42      119,362.74              //////////
    //////////          Const XP       386,816.1       38,262.81        39,366.1              //////////
    //////////                                                                                //////////
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    99's using SRL bots: Mining, Smithing, Magic, Cooking, Firemaking, Fletching, Hunting, Divination, Fishing, Woodcutting, Defense, Attack, Strenght, Constitution, Contruction, Ranged.
    Thanks to: Ashaman, DannyRS, The Mayor, footballjds, KeepBotting, Press Play, bonsai, Clarity, BANNED ON jonesy259 JASTRALS

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mantasx27 View Post
    ////////// Script runtime: //////////
    ////////// 10 hr 6 min 34 sec(Total) 9 hr 49 min 34 sec(Active) 16 min 59 sec(Break)//////////
    ////////// //////////
    //////////////////////////////////////// Kills ////////////////////////////////////////
    ////////// Total Per Hour /Hour Active //////////
    ////////// fire-giant 2,761 273.11 280.99 //////////
    ////////// XP 1,172,872.8 116,017.42 119,362.74 //////////
    ////////// Const XP 386,816.1 38,262.81 39,366.1 //////////
    ////////// //////////
    Wow, that's a great run! Don't get yourself banned!

If you use [ report ] tags it will keep the progress report formatted and more readable.

I made some performance improvements yesterday, looking at the thread for bug isssue, then will put an update out there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    Wow, that's a great run! Don't get yourself banned!

If you use [ report ] tags it will keep the progress report formatted and more readable.

I made some performance improvements yesterday, looking at the thread for bug isssue, then will put an update out there.
    Noted. The only problem I am having is that the bot sometimes attacks another mob before killing the first one. But since I am using SGS on mid-level mobs its not a problem at all. It might increase the xp/h though
    99's using SRL bots: Mining, Smithing, Magic, Cooking, Firemaking, Fletching, Hunting, Divination, Fishing, Woodcutting, Defense, Attack, Strenght, Constitution, Contruction, Ranged.
    Thanks to: Ashaman, DannyRS, The Mayor, footballjds, KeepBotting, Press Play, bonsai, Clarity, BANNED ON jonesy259 JASTRALS

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Noted. The only problem I am having is that the bot sometimes attacks another mob before killing the first one. But since I am using SGS on mid-level mobs its not a problem at all. It might increase the xp/h though
    I wish I could see that. If you're one of these video whizzes send me a link to something in pm.

It moves to the next npc right away, so there's a 2-3 second window where it looks like the old fight is going but it isn't.

It should flash red after each fight, if that's not happening I have things to refine. The fight detectors must not be working well in that area is all I can think. I need to put a pic in OP and explain them.

For the SGS are you using it in the food key or on it's own SGS key? Someone complained and I looked at that but I couldn't see anything. It should push SGS key if it needs food and adrenaline > 50%. The only difference on the food key is it wouldn't check the adrenaline. But docs tell me you do need 50%. ??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)

Does anyone have recommendations for what to train a ranger on? They are F2P and have 58 def and 65 range or something like that. I've been doing Minotaurs but they are a little slow now. I want to get 80 range and 70 defense on them so I can make the script I want to make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

This is not working for me. Getting an error saying unable to login. Says this after the fact that I am logged into the game, and in the room I want to fight in.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rillu View Post
    This is not working for me. Getting an error saying unable to login. Says this after the fact that I am logged into the game, and in the room I want to fight in.
    I'm assuming this is true for any script, since this script just calls the SRL login functions.

My best guess is you have something off in your graphics settings. Check the info in the simba install thread. Look at the picture in the OP. Does it looklike your screen?

Did you tell the script opengl but you have setup for directx?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

I am sorry I cant make a video at the time, but I am using the SGS key and it is 50% adrenaline. I have no food in my inventory, but the bot still clicks the food button because I can see the "You don't have any left" message on the screen. When I used to run with food, it ate and used the SGS special at the same time, so eventually I just ran out.
    The attacking of a second mob is a bit weird from what I saw when I spectated the bot, it doesn't happen often and isn't systematic from what I can tell, it can kill many without any flaws, so I assume it's just the colors I gathered aren't perfect or something similar.
    On the side note, there are attacks that hit other mobs nearby (not using them personally), but an addition to the bot could be that it prioritizes mobs which are attacking you - they have a gold ring underneath. Not sure if that's easy to detect though.

PS. I see you're using my proggy . Btw 99 Defense achieved.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

I am using the SGS key and it is 50% adrenaline.
    I do believe you -- I just haven't figured it out.

I have no food in my inventory, but the bot still clicks the food button because I can see the "You don't have any left" message on the screen.
    I should try to fix that, it doesn't check.

When I used to run with food, it ate and used the SGS special at the same time, so eventually I just ran out.
    That makes sense too, and I was looking at that. Should I do a wait() after pressing the SGS key?

The attacking of a second mob is a bit weird from what I saw when I spectated the bot, it doesn't happen often and isn't systematic from what I can tell, it can kill many without any flaws, so I assume it's just the colors I gathered aren't perfect or something similar.
    I would say it's a flaw in the detector but I can live with an odd occastional one.

On the side note, there are attacks that hit other mobs nearby (not using them personally), but an addition to the bot could be that it prioritizes mobs which are attacking you - they have a gold ring underneath. Not sure if that's easy to detect though.
    I was also thinking about this as a way to alleviate the occasional mob problem. Before picking a new fight, see if someone has the yellow ring and attack them.

PS. I see you're using my proggy . Btw 99 Defense achieved.
    Added to OP. Thanks and gratz!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Like others have mentionned the sgs spec is not flawless, it keeps eating food allong with the spec.
    For me the attacking of other npcs while still in combat happens allot.

Possible suggestions:
    Rorate camera anti-ban option
    More anti-ban methods And randomisation
    Use of berserk ability if over a certain health percentage (same goes for tressholds like hurricane and quake)
    Higher combat level npc attacking obviously

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Is attacking higher combat npcs really that needed? Since the bot doesnt loot, I dont think it would increase the xp/h by a significant amount, would it?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Is attacking higher combat npcs really that needed? Since the bot doesnt loot, I dont think it would increase the xp/h by a significant amount, would it?
    Ofcourse it will be, being able to camp hellhounds before 92 combat would be a significant improvement over firegiants, 85 combat and ogres before that..

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lovebotter View Post
    Like others have mentionned the sgs spec is not flawless, it keeps eating food allong with the spec.
    For me the attacking of other npcs while still in combat happens allot.

Possible suggestions:
    Rorate camera anti-ban option
    More anti-ban methods And randomisation
    Use of berserk ability if over a certain health percentage (same goes for tressholds like hurricane and quake)
    Higher combat level npc attacking obviously
    Mantra: that has been my thought, too. I seem to get the best xp/hr fighting things half my level or less.

Many thanks on the feedback lovebotter. These posts help me make it better. And it's nice when they're constructive and not "boo hoo this sucks".

Please bear with this long post:
    • I'm going to try to rework the sgs/food logic a little (soon). One question is how long I have to wait for it to work. If I press the SGS key how long should I wait before checking to see if it was good enough or I need to eat some food? Or should I just assume it's good enough and get back to it later like any health check?
    • I still don't get the issue where SGS key didnt work and food key did unless the SGS doesn't really need 50% adrenaline like things say it does. I don't have one, I'm coding blindly here.
    • You are right on the antiban. Even though it has a little it's lame and not frequent. I should provide a more mellow mode for people concerned about bans. Having said that, for some reason combat slips through the cracks. I think I only have one ban report and that was someone doing lots of hours and more than one script. I always recommend babysitting. When people wander in and snipe something, they expect you to get irritated. If you snipe theirs, they will get pissed off. It's super easy for people to think a fighting bot is a bot.
    • I'm sure swarming is a problem with fight detectors so the question is which NPC? I'll have to check them out. You guys gonna make me risk my "main". I owe an update in the OP to describe the detectors so people can tell me what isn't working.
    • Re: beserk, etc, and things like prayer. I'm pretty busy now with a group project and life in general. I'm willing to try to work this sort of stuff in but it would be really helpful to try to post it as a complete feature request. Treat me like a dummy because I am, and I don't really play the game any more. If you can give me detail on how you see it fitting in, what it checks, how it reacts, etc, and hopefully some pictures I may be able to fit things in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Hey,
    I am trying to make the script work on monsters who are a higher combat then me and it just says ; motion detection cant find anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lovebotter View Post
    Ofcourse it will be, being able to camp hellhounds before 92 combat would be a significant improvement over firegiants, 85 combat and ogres before that..
    Im almost maxed out in combat stats and I get 30k xp/h more at fire giants than hounds. There are far more of them in a closed area.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jst94 View Post
    Hey,
    I am trying to make the script work on monsters who are a higher combat then me and it just says ; motion detection cant find anything.
    It doesn't work with npcs of a higher level.

You should always check out the last portion of a thread before posting. If you read the last 10 posts your answer was already there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Excuse for not reading it!
    Will try it on a lower monster level.

What do you recommend with a level 30 char?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jst94 View Post
    Excuse for not reading it!
    Will try it on a lower monster level.

What do you recommend with a level 30 char?
    Others may have better suggestions, but in the lumby catacombs probably somewhere around warped bats to corpse mage.

Basically, the highest XP monster you can find that you can kill with just a few whacks so it keeps up a good kill rate.

Ultimately the judge is the xp/hr on the progress. Remember though, the first run wastes a lot of time coloring so may not be such good data.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Yes, I also believe the 'swarming' is caused by the bot not knowing it is already in combat by a NPC.
    Sometimes it also initiates a fight on a NPC that just got killed.

I'm currently botting at firegiants, but had the same problem at other places such as ogres, hellhounds,..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Your screen headings for minimap and backpack do not look like everyone elses. You must have misses setup steps from the install doc.

I think it's probably something called 'slim headers' but you should recheck all the settings if you missed this one maybe you missed more.

Make sure the 'always display targets' option is on too, this script needs it.
    Thank you! I finally was able to get the script running.
    I can't believe it was just because my "slim headers" got unchecked; I should have noticed...

Here's my proggy from a level 45 F2P account:

//////////////////////////////////////// Bonsai ////////////////////////////////////////
    //////////////////////////////////////// Fighter ////////////////////////////////////////
    //////////////////////////////////////// _______ ////////////////////////////////////////
    ////////// //////////
    ////////// Script runtime: //////////
    ////////// 4 hr 37 min 2 sec(Total) 4 hr 37 min 2 sec(Active) 0 sec(Break) //////////
    ////////// //////////
    //////////////////////////////////////// Kills ////////////////////////////////////////
    ////////// Total Per Hour /Hour Active //////////
    ////////// flesh-crawler 2,153 466.28 466.28 //////////
    ////////// XP 138,868.5 30,075.16 30,075.16 //////////
    ////////// Const XP 45,643.6 9,885.17 9,885.17 //////////
    ////////// //////////

Thank you for sharing the script, Bonsai!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Update posted, it should auto-download.

Major changes:
    * It now pre-targets the next npc while fighting
    * Fixed colors on end of fight detector, should be less prone to swarming. Colors in the enemy health bar changed recently.
    * Sweet star debug by Camel.
    * If it uses the SGS key, it does not use the food key. Keep an eye on this and make sure it's not putting you in harms way

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Update posted, it should auto-download.

Major changes:
    * It now pre-targets the next npc while fighting
    * Fixed colors on end of fight detector, should be less prone to swarming. Colors in the enemy health bar changed recently.
    * Sweet star debug by Camel.
    * If it uses the SGS key, it does not use the food key. Keep an eye on this and make sure it's not putting you in harms way
    Great job, bonsai. Any plans for looting, atleast the charms?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Great job, bonsai. Any plans for looting, atleast the charms?
    No but someone posted about using a charming imp to grab them.

I might make something like a custom rock crab script one of these days but right now we're doing a project that will likely eat most of my playtime.

My next update I should clean it up so you guys can call the fighting routine from your own scripts. That way you could mess around with making your own custom fighter/looter.

I need to find all the places I used smart/smartimage and fix it up a little. That way you don't end up with bonsai trees popping up on you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

OMG HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT THE IMP. So many charms wasted :S

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

I MAY HAVE BROKEN THE UPDATE.

IF YOU GET ERRORS COMPILING RE-DOWNLOAD THE INSTALLER FROM OP.

I posted an update so the program should respect
    Simba Code:
    {$DEFINE SMART}

I added a define so onscreen graphics can be turned off:
    Simba Code:
    {$DEFINE ONSCREENGRAPHICS}

You are now able to use the fighter as an include so you can make your own custom fighter/looter!

Here is a sample that fights a few crawling corpses. You need a color file from the fighter that matches the name on the npc in the code.

Simba Code:
    program corpseTorso;
    {$DEFINE SMART}
    {$include_once srl-6/srl.simba}
    {$include_once bonsai/blCombat.simba}

var
       ccTorso: Tnpc;
       i: integer;

begin
       SetupSRL();
       ccTorso.init('crawling-corpse-torso', true);

for i := 0 to 5 do