Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is buying a PS4 worth it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Honestly? Probably not, maybe if it went on sale, sure. But there are not enough games out right now for it to be worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Im got a ps4 for christmas, but i wanted an xbox one... oh well, still thankful

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

It's worth it compared to xbox imo. When you pay for PS+, everyone account on the play station gets PSN access.

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

I'm a fan of my xbox one really, I don't get where all the hate comes from. If they tad up the invite system it would be perfect.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    I'm a fan of my xbox one really, I don't get where all the hate comes from. If they tad up the invite system it would be perfect.
    Agreed. Bought an Xbox One the other day and don't regret it one bit. I think games like Halo and Forza make it worth the little bit extra over the PS4.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

PC Master Race man, can play basically any game that came out on any system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Waste of money tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

I was disappointed with my PS3 when streaming videos to it. It has some garbage DRM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Get an xbox one :3 They're better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

As of right now, Ps4 is definitely superior to Xbox One.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

PS4 all the way, has a lot of perks over XB1. It's very slick and has a lot of exclusives, and PS+ is not just per PSN account, rather than the XB1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

i am just sicking with the ps 3 :P

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    pc master race
    ye

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Flame View Post
    Too bad most of my friends are peasants ._. They already spent all their money, it is too late to convert them!
    need new friends imo

gta5 coming for computer anyway.

The same hacker group who hit xbox on 2014 christmas & took it down for 2-3 days or whatever.. hit steam on new years
    it took 1 steam server down for <15 minutes

you pay for xbox server access
    you do not pay for steam.
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

ps3 is better atm IMO. PS4 is alright but it's always wanting to update and there's not many games out that interest me. Not right now anyways. I'd just stick with ps3 for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1337botter View Post
    PC Master Race man, can play basically any game that came out on any system
    True but I still use my wii when people come over. Its a more social experience. Still, for non-casual gaming, I agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PS4 is definitely not worth the money as you can get a glorious PC that performs better than the next gen consoles for less than they cost, if you need further persuasion visit the guide section on pcmasterrace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

you should go for a PC but if you realy want a console then you should buy the ps4 it's better then the xbox one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Yeah lel, coolest past is that some mad console peasant derepped me for that post

I'm standing with this guy... Personally, I don't think you should buy it until there are significant PS4 EXCLUSIVE titles. The PS3 turned out to have many great exclusives so I don't regret getting it, but the PS4 still may flop. Then again, if playing with friends is that important to you, go for it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

honestly I'm not done buying games for my 360 and currently the games for newest gen consoles aren't all that great. I just got far cry 4 for my xbox 360 and I cannot complain because its a current game... at best I'll wait a few years until the new gen consoles become really cheap on sites like kijiji/craigslist
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Clan View Post
    honestly I'm not done buying games for my 360 and currently the games for newest gen consoles aren't all that great. I just got far cry 4 for my xbox 360 and I cannot complain because its a current game... at best I'll wait a few years until the new gen consoles become really cheap on sites like kijiji/craigslist
    I love far Cry 4, but I didn't like the fact that you could beat the game in 15 mins, and all situations that you choose tend to suck, but I was able to pick up a ps4 for 280 new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

My buddy living in my hometown was telling me that Targets in the area of where I lived mislabeled 50% off clearance items on a lot of new gen consoles like a madden 2015 xbox 1 bundle for $200, playstation 4's, etc. My buddy got the super smash bros 3ds for $100. If only I was back there, I would've been all over that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Was that target going out of business too?
    Quote Originally Posted by EMMF View Post
    My buddy living in my hometown was telling me that Targets in the area of where I lived mislabeled 50% off clearance items on a lot of new gen consoles like a madden 2015 xbox 1 bundle for $200, playstation 4's, etc. My buddy got the super smash bros 3ds for $100. If only I was back there, I would've been all over that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mylastregret View Post
    Was that target going out of business too?
    Don't think so. Tis in a pretty populated area and it saw a lot of business when I was down there. But is that a thing though, are some Targets going out of business?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)

Even though i quit gaming i still follow up gaming news from time to time, in terms of consoles it really depends on who you want to play it with - but if it was for you to find good titles and pay the designers for their hard work i'd say PS4 - its more user friendly and less hectic than an xbox...

On a personal note i found most games boring over the past few years, many 'over hyped' games just sucked.. Games like Watch dogs, Far cry 1,2 &3 (Didn't play 4, its exactly like all other far-crys), some COD games had great storyline but the multiplayer on cod is boring.. + many games were released way too early and just broke down instantly with bugs and crashes.. SO gaming has seen this horrible year of 2014..

The way i see it - when i was gaming i could at any minute load up The last of Us, God of war 1&2&3, Commander keen 4, Doom 1, Quake 1&3, Age of Empires 2, Deus ex 1, Diablo 1, Swat 3/4, prototype 1, gears of war 1, Hitman blood money, halo 1 (only good halo game in my opinion) and just play them and they don't crash.. and actually have fun.. Those game are timeless.. Now days we see lots of new games that look awesome, feel great but lack story line, depth and leave you bored..

Sure i had fun playing the last Tomb raider game, but would i have ever replayed it? no, it has no replay value.. A game like Doom or Quake or dangerous Dave has massive replay value.. Gears of war is like that too, Deus Ex human revolution.. I am not saying all new games suck (Notice most of these games aren't new.. I still cant wrap my mind over the fact its 2015 and not 2009 anymore.. 10 years ago was 2005 lol) but they just lack the factor that permits replay value.

Games need to be fun and not just addictive or money grab tools for micro-transactions and DLC.. OH i dont know why people like mass effect i think it sucks..

Imo its not worth it to buy a ps4 just to play 1 game, you cant even pirate download games on it or play burned copyrighted cd's.. Whats the point of spending 60$ on each game and then 40$ for disc-locked content?... Play stuff like Quake live, Nquake, ZanderDoom, Brutal Doom.. You'll have more fun playing that than GTA>.<.

Personally i found most games i've played in the past few years dull and boring, i found myself revisiting and playing old games that are still solid and are pretty much timeless, you play Call of duty and beat it.. Whats next? run around the multiplayer and die and respawn?
    Quit gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

PS4 s rock!! get one if you have the cash!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fimmy Jallon is here ! Lets get Fimmy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information