Thread: Use "scripting styles" to create an Include to simplify scripting

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)

Default Use "scripting styles" to create an Include to simplify scripting

So, if the you think about it, SRL is written to be very sturdy, very simple, and very specific. This is so that each function is doing something at the base level, and leaves it to the script writer to choose how to use those functions together, along with their own, more custom functions. As people write more and more scripts, each individual develops their own "style." Whether it's how you do antiban, how you keep your script on track while it's running, or simply differences in scripting standards, everyone writes differently from one another but consistently the same by their self. If you have a task that requires you to wait and seem human while the script does something AFK (fishing, wc, mining, prayer, whatever) and requires you to do something every once in a while, wthether that be drop things or bank things or cook things, it's the same. If you think about it, that's actually quite common, and any scripts written for those tasks will be similar, and perhaps only need to know a few key things such as color or hover texts to work.

Here's what I'm getting at. Let's say I've written an include (TomTuff Include). Someone wants to write an ivy chopper with it. All they have to do is
    Simba Code:
    {$I TTI/TTI.simba}
    ${I SRL-6/SRL-6.simba}

var
      includeObjectIvy: TIncludeObject;

begin
      with includeObjectIvy do
      begin
        cameraAngle := 'S';
        Color := 1010383;
        Tolerance := 11;
        colorSettings := colorSetting(2, 0.22, 1.33);
        inBetweenLoads := FIND_NEW; //Where this is DROP_ALL, FIND_NEW, BANK_ALL, things like that
        hoverText := 'vy';
      end;
      repeat
        includeObjectIvy.clickObj();
        includeObjectIvy.betweenTasks(AFK);
      until(isLoggedIn = False);
    end;
    And they script will chop ivy for them, look like an AFKing human, and click a new ivy when it stops chopping. The include handles all of the antiban, inventory management, etc.

Anyways, I forgot exactly what scripting styles had to do with any of this, but the idea is to make adaptable includes for multiple tasks.

@bonsai's fighter functioning as an include is sort of a good example of what I'm thinking.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TomTuff View Post
    The include handles all of the antiban, inventory management, etc.

Anyways, I forgot exactly what scripting styles had to do with any of this, but the idea is to make adaptable includes for multiple tasks.
    There's a couple of similar things in the works but nothing quite to the level you're thinking there.

There's a group project to create a multi-skill script. The design I'm refining is a collection of 'scriptlets' that register themselves to a task management framework. The script tells the framework what skills it trains, where, items it needs to do the job, things it produces, etc.

The user can set skill or item goals per-player and the framework selects from the available tasks to meet their goals. The framework handles the basics like login/break time, progress reporting, antiban. The script can just 'pick potatoes' if it wants.

Another person is working on a task engine include. I'm excited to see how it matures since he's a bright guy with fresh ideas.

Both of these are at a 'running but rough' stage.

Thread Information